Home

Played a few games, flipped some cards in the AH. Thoughts on my team pleaes?

This is a discussion on Played a few games, flipped some cards in the AH. Thoughts on my team pleaes? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-13-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Played a few games, flipped some cards in the AH. Thoughts on my team pleaes?

I tend to play mostly against the CPU because I find the online community to be filled with cheesers. Anyways, I was hoping to get some feedback on my current roster and ideas on upgrades. Please note that I'm not really too hardcore with it so onyx and ruby players will be out of my price range.

PG: Rondo/Lowry
SG: Kobe/Wade
SF: Melo/Gay
PF: Millsap/Ibaka
C: M. Gasol/Drummon
Reserves: D Williams/Pierce/ZBo

I know most of the players I have are relatively cheap but as I said, feedback on upgrades would be welcomed. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 10:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Played a few games, flipped some cards in the AH. Thoughts on my team pleaes?

Chris paul for pg.
Byron scott for sg.
Paul george for sf or sg.
Dirk can get you a lot of mt points with post moves if you havent tried him.
Rudy gobert and Alexis ajinca can be good reserves to get contracts cheap if you are looking for that.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:24 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Played a few games, flipped some cards in the AH. Thoughts on my team pleaes?

CP3 for PG over Rondo/Lowry, no question. Cheap upgrade and he is much better than who you have now. Howard is good for ceter.

Save up for gold LeBron or Ruby Kobe.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 02-14-2015, 12:16 AM   #4
Rookie

Appreciate the ideas. I just sniped a Melo to net around 3.5k profit so that'll go towards CP3. I picked up Blake Griffin and Bosh for about 750 less than the next closest Buy It Now but wasn't too impressed with them. Once I get a solid core of gold players, then I'll start saving up and paying attention to the auction house. Again, thanks for the suggestions!
Old 02-14-2015, 12:44 AM   #5
MVP

Have you played all the way through domination? Those games will usually net you a few gold players with a shot at potentially getting Durant or LeBron.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2015, 04:25 AM   #6
Pro

I highly recommend getting boozer, the silver version is only like 1-2k at this point. Obviously the post fade is automatic. More surprising, for whatever reason he reallly gets up to get boards. He finishes strong in the paint and runs the floor pretty well.

Best pf by far considering price vs what he can do afaik. Obviously i've only tried a limited amount of pf's.

If you want a relatively cheap gold, terry cummings is probably my favorite as a good all around, athletic pf.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:59 AM   #7
Pro

D-Will and Drummond are probably the best real cheap gold players in the game. Monta is also great.

Best way to improve your team is to get Ruby players. Nash, Cheeks, Miller, Teague, Horford, Millsap or Gasol are sold for around 4k sometimes! Just check the auctions. For 5-10k you can get Havlicek, Rodman, Dirk or one of the KG cards.

Last edited by Abstruso; 02-14-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #8
Rookie

Current lineup:

PG:CP3/Lowry
SG:Kobe/Wade
SF:Melo/PG13
PF:Griffin/A. Davis
C:Gasol/Bosh

My other 3 players are just some random silvers because of the contracts. I run those 2 units at about the same court time. I just got to the Grizzlies in domination and average about 740MT each game so I'm earning the player packs but haven't pulled a gold yet. Hoping for LeBron or KD when I arrive there. My play style has been up tempo and basically passing the ball around to find an open shooter. My post skills are pretty bad so the only time I score with big men are on fast breaks. Too many missed layups by them. I do plan on getting Dwight Howard soon so solidify the center position. That'll wipe out all my current currency. Who would be a better backup for Paul, Wall or Irving? Or, is there someone better out there in about the 5-7k price range?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »