Home

Struggling offensively with some big men

This is a discussion on Struggling offensively with some big men within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-11-2015, 03:03 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Struggling offensively with some big men

I'm having trouble playing with some of my big men, especially Sapphire Bill Russell and emerald Anthony Davis. For Russell, his offensive strength clearly is his post game, he has a 95 post hook and 90 post control. Yet I only hit around 25% of his hook shots, even against smaller matchups. Is is classic hookshot animation broken? How do I time it? Right now, all he does is rebounding and defending the post.

For Anthony Davis I struggle in all kind of offensive actions, he blows dunks even though I upgraded him to gold posterizer, blows many of his post fadeaways. How should I play him offensively?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Struggling offensively with some big men

Hook shots in general are just not an effective way to score this year. They blow waaaay too many of them, even at ridiculously close range. With Russell, he has, by far, the worst hook I've used in this game. They simply never go in. You simply can't use Russell offensively.

Davis is good at mid range and alley oops. That's about it. His standing layup is good but his strength is so low, he often bricks those. Otherwise he's a defensive ace.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #3
Pro

Like Voltage said, Bill Russell is not a go-to post scorer. Yes his post hook is a 90, but his moving inside shot is like an 80 and he only has hot zones under the basket. Do you have Hakeem Olajuwon? Try him out. His hook shot is money 90% percent of the time and he's got the fade away too (98 inside shot, 95+ hook and fadeaway, hot zones everywhere)
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)
Old 02-12-2015, 02:53 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretius8
Like Voltage said, Bill Russell is not a go-to post scorer. Yes his post hook is a 90, but his moving inside shot is like an 80 and he only has hot zones under the basket. Do you have Hakeem Olajuwon? Try him out. His hook shot is money 90% percent of the time and he's got the fade away too (98 inside shot, 95+ hook and fadeaway, hot zones everywhere)
I have Sapphire Hakeem and Sapphire Wilt, yet I wanted Russell so bad, he was my first gold legend back in NBA 2K13 and I loved him. But looks like he's not really usable then, Wilt and Hakeem do so much more then him.

For emerald Davis I feel like it's a problem with his tendencies. He has only 70 on a standing dunk and he never did a one for me, he grabs the offensive board and goes up for layup which he blows or gets fouled. Also I never get and1s with him, he never makes the contested dunks or layups. All his post tendencies are 0. I'm thinking about getting rid of him and buy ruby Davis instead to try because Ruby Davis has a 90 standing dunk tendency, therefor his moving shot close and driving dunk tendencies are even lower.
Anyone tried his ruby version? How is he compared to the emerald version? Is he worth the MT?
Old 02-12-2015, 04:03 AM   #5
Rookie

Does anyone know if you can actually time a hook shot? Every time I use it I just chuck a brick up as I always get "very late". It really makes the big men in this game suck. Hakeem's hook shots last year were money, now it's very inefficient cause his release is "very late" all the time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #6
Rookie

Don't try to intentionally score with Anthony Davis. He is great on second chance buckets and open looks near the hoop, but I wouldn't run plays for him. He gets maybe 5-7 points a game for me as a starter. People start him because he's the best defender in Myteam. His offense is just decent.

For big man offense you want Hakeem or Tim Duncan or Malone. Someone like that.

Right now I am using David Robinson a lot but he is inconsistent for me. Fortunately he has great D and rebounding so I am getting most of my offense from 1-3.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:31 AM   #7
MVP

I have stopped using any PF or C to intentionally try to score and feed the post. Perimeter offense is so much better in the game. I only score with easy dunks, or from offensive rebounds, or sometimes when a player plays off- ball defense with a big guy and he sucks.
Also I have not faced ANY opponent who could score more than 6-8 points with any tall guy against me, with the exception of those who have Hakeem or Yao. Yesterday I played 2 games against people that had YAo, and oh my god... I couldn't get any rebound and he was scoring so easily over my head. By the way, his head in game looks supernaturally big
Old 02-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #8
Pro

I tried gold Dirk once, he did a good job, but that was offline. His release is very slow, don't know if I could time it online with the heavy delay.

Right now I'm using Hakeem as PF and Wilt as C, Malone and Davis are my bench big players. Too bad Russell wont have a spot in my team anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »