Home

Manual passing question

This is a discussion on Manual passing question within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Manual passing question

I've been playing full manual since FIFA 12 and loving it. One thing I've always wondered though: what is the difference between a regular pass ([]) and a through pass (/\) if your passing controls are completely unassisted? I realize certain modifiers will yield different results (ex: lobbed through pass), but on full manual are the base inputs basically the same or do they actually produce different results?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 08:56 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Manual passing question

I have always been interested in the answer to this! Yes - on all-manual - it would seem that "through ball" and "ground pass" accomplish the same thing. Right? Because in both cases you are passing to a "place" ... not to a "person".

I have wondered if it might change your teammates' response ... would the receiver of the pass respond differently to the pass if it was a ground pass or a through ball? Like ... do they stay in their spot when it is a ground pass ... but they move toward the ball when it is a through ball?

One other thing ... depending on your slider settings ... the strength of the two kinds of passes may differ ... I need more "oomph" on my ground pass (relative to a through ball) to cover the same distance with the same speed.

I am hoping that this thread provides a resolution to this question ...
Old 02-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

In the times I have tried manual it seems to me that your teammates are more ready to run onto through balls than regular ones
Old 02-14-2015, 10:35 AM   #4
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Though pass has more speed and ground pass is a little more accurate.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
I have always been interested in the answer to this! Yes - on all-manual - it would seem that "through ball" and "ground pass" accomplish the same thing. Right? Because in both cases you are passing to a "place" ... not to a "person".

I have wondered if it might change your teammates' response ... would the receiver of the pass respond differently to the pass if it was a ground pass or a through ball? Like ... do they stay in their spot when it is a ground pass ... but they move toward the ball when it is a through ball?

One other thing ... depending on your slider settings ... the strength of the two kinds of passes may differ ... I need more "oomph" on my ground pass (relative to a through ball) to cover the same distance with the same speed.

I am hoping that this thread provides a resolution to this question ...
The pass you select definitely can have an impact on your teammates with manual. The most common way I've noticed is when passing between two of your own players. For instance, if you're in the middle and your wing and fullback are standing near each other, if you aim between them and use ground pass, the winger will come back to the ball to receive the pass, while if you use a through pass the fullback will go forward to receive it and the winger will advance forward. This becomes very useful when trying to pick out teammates around the box.

And in general, through passes come off a little harder and will keep rolling longer, and I also think they may occasionally have some automatic swerve around defenders if hit hard enough with good enough passers.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »