Home

Build Squad So Good Its No Longer Fun?

This is a discussion on Build Squad So Good Its No Longer Fun? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #1
Pro

Patriots1996's Arena

OVR: 9
Build Squad So Good Its No Longer Fun?

Have you guys ever built a squad that is so good that you win a lot and it's not even fun anymore? I am finding myself in that situation now, and wondered what you guys thought about that situation. I'm thinking about leaving my team to build another team to try and beat the juggernaut I created, but I don't know yet.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 01:28 PM   #2
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Build Squad So Good Its No Longer Fun?

Yep. I continuously do this. If you add some guidelines or house rules, it helps.
Try using a League 2 team.
1)Only sign "Great Britain" players (England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland).
Once you move to League 1 you can sign from your region (previously mentioned, Russia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark).
Once you move up to champions league you can sign all European players.
EPL= the world.
2)Scouting is the same as above.
3)Only sign 2 youth players a year (max) to the senior team. Exception would be a GK, if you need one.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder5man
Yep. I continuously do this. If you add some guidelines or house rules, it helps.
1)Only sign "Great Britain" players (England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland).
Once you move to League 1 you can sign from your region (previously mentioned, Russia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark).
EPL= the world.
3)Only sign 2 youth players a year (max) to the senior team. Exception would be a GK, if you need one.
Snyder always with some legit house rules!
Old 02-06-2015, 05:32 PM   #4
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder5man
EPL= the world.
These are really good and I have the same problem as OP every year. I just load it with youth players who will turn out to be beasts and then I win everything and it gets boring.

At the same time, I do enjoy watching the players develop. And I don't know if I could restrict myself from promoting youth players as I love doing this.

But nevertheless, I like your house rules!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:21 PM   #5
Rookie

steagles's Arena

I built a Chelsea team last year using many free transfers and youth promotions that I had enough good players to have 2 completely separate starting XI's (with most of the bench overlapping) that could each compete for the Premier League. I used them every other game, similar to the system John Calipari just tried at the god-forsaken school which shall remain nameless. I had three team sheets: The Blues (team one), The Lions (team two) and the UCL team which combined the best of the players. My team was so ridiculously stacked that it was no longer fun (because of the winning and also because I didn't have enough playing time to keep everyone happy) and my roommate mentioned making two separate staring XI's. I tried it, and it was a new twist on what had otherwise become a stale career mode. It's not for everyone, but I found it very entertaining.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 09:33 PM   #6
Rookie

ShaggyUte's Arena

OVR: 9

Ya, building Chelsea into a powerful team is so hard. I kid.

Real Salt Lake is the team I always use and move them in to League 2. I'm not a good player so I rarely have a dominate team but enjoy the challange of playing Sunderland style ball versus the big boys.

I'm getting ready to start a new Manger Mode because my last manager mode the menus started taking to long to load. Some of the house rules mentioned will be used in my new MM, it's going to be hard to not promote youth players though.

Last edited by ShaggyUte; 02-06-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
Rookie

steagles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyUte
Ya, building Chelsea into a powerful team is so hard.
I mean unbelievably good. Stacked.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:35 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

Is it me or does Career Mode just fall apart after several years?

I've noticed that 10 years in, that my scouts no longer ever find anyone with 'Potential to be Special', and the top teams are loaded with players in their mid to late 30s. Most of the best younger players in the world are ones that demanded to be sold from my squad. I built Leicester up into a power through youth and don't have a single 'original' player from the starting rosters, yet most squads have very little change after 10 years.

I can't tell if this is because the AI doesn't generate young talent or doesn't develop them. In addition, players decline way too slowly, meaning there are lots of mid-80s rated players in their late 30s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »