Home

How to make GM Mode interesting

This is a discussion on How to make GM Mode interesting within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
Pro

jmac7164's Arena

OVR: 0
How to make GM Mode interesting

Does anyone have anyways they play to make the game interesting? I find it is very boring after a few years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 12:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Yundtder's Arena

Re: How to make GM Mode interesting

Focus on scouting and drafting. This has become my most enjoyable part of BEAGM. Look at prospects, scout/pick some you like based on your playing style, for me, its focused on Speed, Size, and Shooting, and a cool name, Ill admit that if a prospect is a stud and has a cool name, Im gonna draft him over a 4.5 star smaller guy.

Get your AHL team some AHL level scorers, you can find plenty of them in the free agent pool who have very high AHL stats but crap NHL level stats, they will take two way deals and provide your AHL team with depth and surround your prospects with some point production, which develops them.

Run it as realistic as possible, in the game you can trade a bunch of third liners for a 1st liner or a 1st round pick, try to resist that. Would never or rarely happen in the real world unless a player has their GM by the nuts.

Make real trades, I find its much more enjoyable this way.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

I too got very bored with my BEAGM!

here is what I did.

I started over and did a fantasy draft ALL rounds were auto picked by the computer. You want a challenge that's one way to spice it up. I'm in year 2019-2020 by far the longest I have ever played into 1 GM. I make trades a lot and always watch the FREE AGENT LIST! My top two scorers were signed off the free agent list.

hope this helps
Old 04-23-2015, 08:36 AM   #4
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

Handcuff yourself by playing with a salary cap ten million dollars lower than the actual cap in any given year. Makes you focus on development, being smart with your free agent signings and it makes you try out more of your players in the system to see if you can find a fit on your NHL club's lines. (I just pretend my owner only authorizes me to spend to that point but still wants me to meet his goals.) That certainly makes it more challenging and I'd argue, fun.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:34 AM   #5
Just started!

That certainly makes it more challenging and I'd argue, fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »