Home

Lob Pass or Zip Pass?

This is a discussion on Lob Pass or Zip Pass? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4
Lightbulb Lob Pass or Zip Pass?

The more I play 2k the more I realize how I don't need certain inputs and how they could be replaced with something better if not added.

I never use the LT+Triangle(Y) Lob pass input. The pass button is already a lob pass if you ask me. When i need to throw a lob I just use the regular pass button like players in post position who need the ball.

I would much rather have a Zip Pass input where I pass the ball a little bit harder than usual, this can be tied to the passing rating and players would have less accuracy when passing a zip pass. Also, this will give so much more value to the Hands rating, if a player has bad hands it's harder for him to catch zip passes so you will be forced to throw him softer passes or get players with better hands. This will also keep players from throwing zip passes every time, more fumbling with the ball on harder passes, based on the hands rating/formula.

I think this would do so much more for the game than a Lob Pass.

I find myself doing flashy passes and bounce passes just to avoid the floaty pass that the regular pass button does.
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 02-01-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2015, 08:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Lob Pass or Zip Pass?

Honestly, I use the Lob Pass and it is nice. What would be nice is (Especially with PS4) the pressure your put on the pass button determines the zip you put on it. Like how madden differentiates between bullets and bombs.

The MAIN problem I have with passing is the logic. Now mind you my MyCareer player is a rated 92 overall with a 90 or 95 passing rating. And when I have one player in front of me just sitting there in the defending stance, and its just me and him, and say Millsap is cutting to the hoop, not all the time but alot of times, my guy will just chest pass it when I hit X... Right into the defender, does not even try to get around him. Its so damn frustrating.

The other problem I have is the game will just randomly decide, "Oh this is going to be a lead pass" or "Oh your man is on the cut? No lead pass for you, right where he is at now is fine" and makes the player stop to grab the ball.

In summary, I think the lob/flashy/bounce/ oop configuration works fine, I would like to be able to control if I pass lead or not, how much heat I put on the ball, and I would like to see WAY better passing logic for high rated passers.

EDIT: Another thing I have noticed, is this year it seems that pushing the left stick toward a player and hitting X is glitched. I cant count the number of times I have drove in, drew someone like Korvers man who is at the top of the key, pushed my left stick back toward him and hit X and instead my guy passes to our backup backup sf in the corner who does nothing with it. Its frustrating to get open looks like that and miss the chances because the game doesn't feel like cooperating.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:00 PM   #3
Banned

You can manipulate the regular pass button to get different passes, by pressing it softer/harder etc. Passing system overall could use some work tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2015, 12:34 AM   #4
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4

I understand that you can hold it, but its too slow, a flashy pass and a bounce pass is instant, because it passes at the tap of a button. I would like to throw the ball instantly with zip on it. We should be able to throw a fast pass at the tap of a button

When you hold the regular pass button you have to wait on the game to determine that you're holding the button, instead of passing it as soon as you tap the button, that would be the difference.

Flashy passes has the perfect amount of zip and you can do it at the tap of a button, but you have to use them with the risk of doing an unnecessary behind the head type animation.
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 02-02-2015 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
I understand that you can hold it, but its too slow, a flashy pass and a bounce pass is instant, because it passes at the tap of a button. I would like to throw the ball instantly with zip on it. We should be able to throw a fast pass at the tap of a button

When you hold the regular pass button you have to wait on the game to determine that you're holding the button, instead of passing it as soon as you tap the button, that would be the difference.

Flashy passes has the perfect amount of zip and you can do it at the tap of a button, but you have to use them with the risk of doing an unnecessary behind the head type animation.
You know L2 + X is a bounce pass every time, right? It isn't an answer to what you're asking for, which I would absolutely love to see as well, but it does work well except for in transition and pick and roll situations.

Also when you earn the dimer badge I have found that especially in the park that the pass button is much more responsive.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »