Home

Different shot mechanics in Practice vs. Game

This is a discussion on Different shot mechanics in Practice vs. Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-28-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Different shot mechanics in Practice vs. Game

I play in an OL and I really like to practice shooting with my players. I find very frustrating that Chris Bosh has a completely different shot mechanic in practice mode and in games.

I can't be the only one that has realized this. 2k, any chance to correct this!?
The shot mechanic in practice mode actually looks more accurated for CB.

At the same time. Is it at known issue that Korver simply can't hit a green (perfect timed) shot in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #2
Banned

WISports's Arena

Re: Different shot mechanics in Practice vs. Game

Another thing...when shooting around in the gym, the ball/rim physics is soooo much better. 99% of made shots aren't swishes like they are during games.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Do you go understand that there is no defense in practice mode?
Old 01-28-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Do you go understand that there is no defense in practice mode?
Mechanics are the same with and without defense. I'm not sure what you mean.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by setis
Mechanics are the same with and without defense. I'm not sure what you mean.
Again do you understand that their isn't any defense. And player running and catching the ball for a jumper will be totally different from a player that's dribbling in the half court with no defense and then pulling up for a jumper. Or pressing x so that someone can pass you the ball for a catch and shoot. Fatigue can also come into factor in game. Practice mode is really to server a as base for the game.

edit: What I'm saying is that both are the same. It's just that different factors once your in a game effect your shot.

Last edited by jeebs9; 01-28-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 01:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Again do you understand that their isn't any defense. And player running and catching the ball for a jumper will be totally different from a player that's dribbling in the half court with no defense and then pulling up for a jumper. Or pressing x so that someone can pass you the ball for a catch and shoot. Fatigue can also come into factor in game. Practice mode is really to server a as base for the game.

edit: What I'm saying is that both are the same. It's just that different factors once your in a game effect your shot.
So what's the point of practice mode? If the shot mechanics are completely different in practice v. in game - it's literally pointless.

Also with some guys (like Deron Williams) - you can replicate the move exactly in practice v. in game - and the mechanics and timing are going to be completely different. It's a huge mistake and problem.

If your point was true, it would effect every single player and it doesn't.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

you are completely wrong. In the game for almost all players, but Bosh and Copeland as far as I´ve noticed, mechanics are the same in practice and games!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:34 PM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrand15
So what's the point of practice mode? If the shot mechanics are completely different in practice v. in game - it's literally pointless.

Also with some guys (like Deron Williams) - you can replicate the move exactly in practice v. in game - and the mechanics and timing are going to be completely different. It's a huge mistake and problem.

If your point was true, it would effect every single player and it doesn't.
Once 2k starts adding skill games to practice mode. Then you can use practice as game info. If you could a defender to the situation. All those skill games in Association mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setis
you are completely wrong. In the game for almost all players, but Bosh and Copeland as far as I´ve noticed, mechanics are the same in practice and games!
Isn't that what I said?... What also happens in game is that from a controller stand point. It's totally different. Going from offense to defense. Your players are being bumped by other players. There is a lot going on. Practice mode is kind of to get your feet wet. The game has evolved.

Practice post up moves in that mode gives you exactly results from the game (probably not exact, but close).

This is why the only true way to practice is in a team environment with a defense. The old 2k's use to give you exact results of what happen in practice. And that's not realistic in my opinion. Releasing a jumper in practice mode shouldn't be the same as in a team environment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »