Home

Picking Up the Pieces…A different type of NCAA 14 dynasty

This is a discussion on Picking Up the Pieces…A different type of NCAA 14 dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-24-2015, 01:34 PM   #1
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Picking Up the Pieces…A different type of NCAA 14 dynasty

Ok guys I have tried doing these dynasty threads in the past to only have my dynasty files get deleted by my kids or just have it become a burden trying to be overly detailed. As I have read through many of the dynasties on here I started getting ideas of how to do something different then the traditional "Coaching Career" or "All about build X school up" dynasties. Don't get me wrong those are great reads and it is fun to build a team up but I didn't want to do another one of those. So I had this idea a while back when I started a 2nd dynasty to go along with my main dynasty file when I need a break. I wanted to not start from year 1 following my coach but rather several years in. Then the other day I started reading back through the "How's your dynasty going" thread in the NCAA section here at OS and I started remembering some of the great dynasties people like Bleedgreen, BeeKay, and J.Horne.SC were posting about.

After some thought I decided to take my first dynasty file, I started it in December 2013, and turn it into something worth posting about. So here is the background on that dynasty to get you caught up to what I plan on doing with this thread.

I am at the end of the 2025 season. My head coach, DeAndre Boss, has just finished his 7th season as the HC at Georgia. In those 7 seasons he has won 4 straight BCS titles (2021-2024), 7 SEC titles, and on a 72 game win streak starting in the 2020 season. The program is at the top of the NCAA world, but all that is about to change. We lose the 2025 BCS title game 38-28 to New Mexico, the very team my coach built into a power from years 4-7 of the dynasty, and end the 72 game win streak. The lose would be just a minor problem for Coach Boss and the Georgia program.

So I hope you guys enjoy reading this. I have learned from past mistakes in writing these things to play the game then write and post when I can. I will try to post a couple times each week but I do have a life, I teach and coach, and I have a wife and kids. I hope you guys enjoy reading this and please feel free to post thoughts/commits and if you like something hit the little thumbs up icon so I know people are reading this stuff. Here we go...

Last edited by jbrew2411; 02-15-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Re: Picking Up the Pieces…A different type of NCAA 14 dynasty

Breaking News….

Coming out of Athens, Georgia today is news that the NCAA is launching an investigation into the Georgia football program and Head Coach DeAndre Boss. This news comes on the heals of Georgia’s defeat in the 2026 BCS title game. In that game Georgia lost to New Mexico, a program Coach Boss helped build, by a score of 38-28. The lose snapped Georgia’s 72 game win streak and their 4 year title run.

Sources are telling us that the NCAA’s investigation involves major recruiting violations, academic inaccuracies, false high school transcripts, and a former booster who worked as a sports agent. At this time the investigation is on going and no charges have been ordered by the NCAA.

Coach Boss just finished his 7th season at Georgia. Coach Boss spent his first two years as the OC at FIU before taking the OC job at Georgia when Mike Bobo left for the Vandy head coaching job. In his one season as the Georgia OC he led one of the top offense in the nation to the BCS title game before losing to Texas. After that season he was offered the head coaching job at New Mexico. In three short years he turned New Mexico into a national champ in 2017. The following season he pushed for their move to the Big-12. After a great first year in the Big-12 and a Fiesta Bowl win, Coach Boss decided it was time to return to Athens after Mark Richt was fired. He quickly made a home in the SEC winning the SEC title his first year, something he would do in his 7 seasons in Athens. Starting in year 2021 Georgia would win four strait national titles and never lost a game. In fact after the Vandy lose in the 2020 season Georgia would go on that 72 game win streak. The offense was always in the top 10 each season and Coach Boss has always been able to produce NFL draft picks. None of those picks were better then QB Eric Bellamy who holds the school record for yards, Tds, and was the starting QB for those 4 in-a-row national titles. He would go on to be the #1 overall pick in the 2025 draft. At this point Coach Boss sits at a career record of 132-8. He has been one of the most dominate coaches in NCAA history. If this is the end of his time in Athens or coaching then all those wins and titles may mean nothing. We will keep you posted once the NCAA releases more information.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Breaking News…

Word coming out of Athens today is that Head Coach DeAndre Boss will be resigning as the head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs. This comes just days after we got word of an NCAA investigation into the program and Coach Boss. There is no word yet from the NCAA but we are told a press conference will be held tomorrow about the ongoing investigation in Athens. As always we will keep you posted as news breaks.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Breaking News…
The NCAA has just finished their press conference about the investigation into recruiting and academic allegations against the University of Georgia football program and Head Coach DeAndre Boss. The NCAA has concluded that during the time Coach Boss was in Athens that he had committed multiple major recruiting violations by allowing recruits to have contact with a sports agent listed a s a booster. This contact included allowing the booster access to potential recruits so he could get under the table deal to represent them when they turn pro. The NCAA also found that Coach Boss requested that player high school transcripts be altered to allow admission into Georgia and asked members of the schools admission office to allow in football players that didn’t meet the schools admission standards. There is also evidence he urged students to enroll in a fake online classes only offered to football players. The listed professor for those classes was a member of the coaching staff.

As part of a deal reached between the NCAA and the University of Georgia, Coach Boss had the remaining 3 years of his contract terminated. The NCAA has ruled that DeAndre Boss will never be allowed to coach at any college again by giving him a life time ban. As part of the deal to avoid further lawsuits from the University of Georgia, Coach Boss has agreed to play back half of his 30.5 million he had already been paid from previous contracts with the school.

The NCAA also announced a five year probation for the football team and sanctions in recruiting. The recruiting sanctions will last for five years and include a reduction of just 60 scholarship players, no out of state recruiting, and suspension/removal of current players found to be in violation. The NCAA has allowed the team to carry a total of 65 player on its roster thus allowing for 5 walk-ons. At the end of the five year period the NCAA will look at the program again to determine if they will have the sanctions removed. If at that time the NCAA feels the violations are still being committed by the University or its staff then further harsher sanctions will be imposed. The real surprise is that Georgia will not receive any post-season ban.

A list of current players involved listed by the NCAA as having involvement will be released in the coming days just as recruiting seasons is heating up. The search for a new head coach is underway as well. Sources close to the AD's office says that the school is looking at 2 former players, but both have limited coaching experience with no head coaching experience.
The list of sanctions for the next 5 seasons 2026-2031

-Reduction of scholarship players to 60; this does not include the players added that I don’t offer; transfers count towards next seasons roster #.

-A 5 non scholarship player max; roster total of 65; transfers count towards next seasons number.

-No out of state recruiting for the next 5 seasons.

-Players on the “Life Time Ban” list must be removed before the start of the 2026 season.

-Suspended players will be on probation so any incident during the suspension period will result in a “Life Time Ban” from college football.

-After the 2031 season the NCAA will decided to extend the sanctions for 5 more years or remove the program from probation.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:42 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Breaking News…
The University of Georgia has just released word that they will be hiring Aaron Murray as their next head coach. Murray played quarterback for Georgia from 2009-2013. When Murray left Georgia he held the school records for Tds, wins, and held several SEC records as well. He was a 5th round draft pick by the Kansas City Chiefs in 2013. After 6 seasons with the team Murray decided to retire due to some injuries and joined the Chiefs coaching staff under Andy Reid. Murray was named the QB coach for the 2022 season. Murray played under Mark Richt who was replaced by DeAndre Boss. With the NCAA coming down hard on the program Murray has a difficult task ahead of him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2015, 01:46 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Breaking News….
Newly hired head coach Aaron Murray just finished a press conference introducing him as the next head coach at Georgia. Some points he made was restoring the program as a pillar of the SEC and the NCAA. He also urged fans to not blame this team because all the “cheaters” are now gone.
While Murray was at the mic in Athens the NCAA was releasing the current players names that will have any and all eligibility revoked meaning their college careers are over. See the full list below…
Eligibility Revoked:
* Bo Conner- Junior CB- 93ovr
* T.C. McDonald- Soph(Rs) WR- 91ovr
* Ron Rhoden- Junior FB/HB- 89ovr
* Dane Williams- Soph(Rs) DE- 93ovr
* B.J. Davis- Junior(Rs) WR- 92ovr
* Brad Seals- Junior HB- 89ovr
* James Jones- Junior HB- 88ovr
* James Parks- Junior(Rs) QB- 99ovr
* Thomas Ruffin-Soph(Rs) WR- 83ovr
Players Suspended:
* Ryan Barnes- starting SS-4 games
* Reggie Pitman- starting MLB-6 games
* Preston James- DT-6 games
* Kent Singleton- starting CB- 8 games
Old 01-24-2015, 01:49 PM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Head Coach Aaron Murray held his first press conference since his announcement as the new head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs. In the press conference he was asked about what kind of offense and defense fans can expect to see the Bulldogs running next season. While under Coach Boss it was a mix of “12” personal and a lot of “Gun” formations. Coach Murray said he would be running the same playbook he ran while at Georgia playing under Mark Richt. As for the defense it will be a 3-4 defense which he became familiar with while at Georgia and with the Chiefs.

He also announced an open battle for the starting quarterback position, starting corner opposite of All-American James Hicks, a former #1 ranked corner in his class and 5 star recruit. Spring practice should be full of storylines as position battles play out and other positions are evaluated.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:38 PM   #8
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7

Interesting concept you got here jbrew. I'll have to revisit the "How's Your Dynasty" forum to brush up on your work.

Yeah I agree, trying to put a lot of detail into a dynasty can cause burn-out. I find what helps me is to simply take a break from it for a week or two. Then my internal battery re-charges & I'm all excited to work on it again. I like the "building teams into powerhouses" dynasties a lot, but I'm pretty sure my next NCAA project will be a Coaching dynasty (since I've never done one of those before).

Regardless, I'll be following to see what you do here.

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »