Home

Switching Team Off and Def Playbook

This is a discussion on Switching Team Off and Def Playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-24-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Switching Team Off and Def Playbook

I'm currently running a online CF, we only control our created QBs. It's only 3 of us and myself and one other guy uses our team playbooks but the other guy switches his off and def playbooks. Is switching your playbook considered cheating. I ask because when I play him its like I can't get anything on his D and when he on offense its like everybody is open.

I honestly think its cheating if there's playbooks that out there that make your team unstoppable and I think he maynhave found them.... Also if we in a CF together shouldn't be running with whatever playbook your team uses... Just because you don't like they playbook you should not be aloud to just change it to give you an advantage. I don't like my team playbook but I have never changed my team playbook in any Madden.

What are some house rules to playing CF with other people that try to exploit the game with the money plays and changing of playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2015, 01:06 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Switching Team Off and Def Playbook

Is he switching the playbooks from game to game? Or is he just using a playbook that's different from the stock one for his team? If he's switching from game to game, I'd say there's something up. Just using a different one isn't as big of a deal to me. I do see your point about realism but as long as he's sticking with it, I think it's reasonable.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:54 AM   #3
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Is he using a custom book? Most leagues do prohibit custom books.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Naw he said he was using the 4-3 defense and I think some type of pass offense.

He said he changed his offense play book because the stock eagles play book is based on the run game (we all play as just the QB) and he couldn't find no plays in they play book that word for him.

He said he changed there defensive play book because his team wasn't playing good enough defnese....

So my point is if where controlling only one player and trying to play as realistic as possible, then if we are controlling just the QB who are we to change the offense to fit our style of play. If he wanted a pass first offense he should have a chosen a team with pass first offense. Also who is he to just and up and change his defensive play book just because his players is not playing playing good enough.

I have never touched my play books even though I'm a QB but the 49ers run a power run offense. I just adjusted to there offense and run the ball and take what the defense gives me on the pass. I never thought to change my defense just because my team couldn't stop no one.. I fill like it's cheating cause in real life you have no control of what your defense is doing. If your defense is not stopping anybody then it's your job to go out there and try to score also... not change your defense so it works to your advantage.

He's a known cheater to exploit the game once he finds the money plays and use to his advantage. .. I fill like the play books he's using is giving him a lil advantage he otherwise wouldn't have which is why is using them. Because which that defensive play book he uses there's not one person open and whatever offensive play book he is using he has players open all over the field. And with the computer not being being able to make the proper adjustments, I feel like he's cheating cause he knows the computer can't adjust to what he's doing... ..
Old 01-27-2015, 12:43 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Yeah, changing the Def Playbook is a little suspect if you're just the QB. I can sorta see the Off Playbook with the idea that teams will tailor the playbook to the personnel sometimes. For me, the biggest issue there is whether he is changing to a playbook and sticking with it or if he uses one playbook for playing against the computer and another for when he's playing a human.

And, if he's a "known cheater" as you say, why even play with him at all? Kinda like inviting a convicted felon into your house and then complaining when everything is gone later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2015, 01:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

How is using one of the supplied playbooks cheating? Any playcaller would want to be running an offense/defense they are comfortable with or fits their personnel. Calling exploitable plays over and over then you have a gripe, but just simply using a playbook he's more comfortable running, I see no issues.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:40 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm going to echo what others said about changing the OFF playbook: the computer can be kind of...dumb, with their playbooks, especially when they change coaches. I was doing an offline CFM once as a created West-Coast offense QB of the Giants - they fired Tom Coughlin after the first year and replaced him with a guy who used the Run and Shoot playbook, which is based a lot on vertical passes that my guy couldn't do.

In short, yes I think it's fine changing playbooks for OFF. For DEF, I'd say changing it is only good in a unique scenario - say, going to the Giants again for this example, having them go to a 3-4 after the first year is probably not a good idea if they don't have the personal to run it. That is the only time I'd be willing to let him/her change it - and that only to the team's default playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »