Home

Madden #2 Top Selling Game in 2014 Even Without Some Penalties Called

This is a discussion on Madden #2 Top Selling Game in 2014 Even Without Some Penalties Called within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-22-2015, 09:46 PM   #1
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Madden #2 Top Selling Game in 2014 Even Without Some Penalties Called

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...ial&__aHL_=aHL

This is all sales in the US only.

Interesting, is all I'll say on the matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden #2 Top Selling Game in 2014 Even Without Some Penalties Called

I'm not surprised, Madden is a household name. Much like Call of Duty is, who had not ONE but TWO of their games make the top 10. Take away online play from that list, most of those games wouldn't sell well at all. That is the one common theme among all of them, they have very big online communities.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:13 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Madden sells because of its name, the NFL badge, and exclusivity, its the CoD of sports game, these companies churn out the same old crap every year with no type of innovation because they have a formula that works. I have more respect for CoD because it has plenty of competition, I would like to see what Madden can do with comp.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:46 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

I guess one of my points was that people have been mentioning throughout LG that Madden was lacking in sales and now, it's stronger in sales than LG.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:33 AM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm conflicted by this news. I think this was most SIM attempt EA has offered in years so I hope that encourages EA to go more in that direction. At the same time, it's still the same football game it's always been in a lot of ways. Robo qbs when they pass but all prone to taking a ton of sacks. Bad player interactions, a lack of individual player personality, a feeling of severe repetition after playing various versions of this game exclusively for a decade.

I'd give anything for a completely different take on football, Madden' s financial successes ensures that will never happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I'm conflicted by this news. I think this was most SIM attempt EA has offered in years so I hope that encourages EA to go more in that direction. At the same time, it's still the same football game it's always been in a lot of ways. Robo qbs when they pass but all prone to taking a ton of sacks. Bad player interactions, a lack of individual player personality, a feeling of severe repetition after playing various versions of this game exclusively for a decade.

I'd give anything for a completely different take on football, Madden' s financial successes ensures that will never happen.

If we got enough of the world to stop buying the POS we'd be able to get EA to either forfeit renewing their license or make an actual video game simulation of football. Unfortunately, an estimated 70% of the madden community lacks the intelligence and education to recognize that there is even a problem.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:02 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforeseenx
If we got enough of the world to stop buying the POS we'd be able to get EA to either forfeit renewing their license or make an actual video game simulation of football. Unfortunately, an estimated 70% of the madden community lacks the intelligence and education to recognize that there is even a problem.
They don't care.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:09 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

What else were people going to buy? The industry has become homogenized, with few if any interesting or unique titles. Couple that with a transition to new hardware and it only thinned things down even further.

As for penalties, it seems EA is moving in the right direction in terms of providing products to reflect the sport, it's just they are going at a snail's pace with Madden. Yearly cycles, lack of a competing NFL game, more complex coding requirements for more advanced systems, and yes sitting pretty at #2 in sales, will probably keep Madden moving at a snail's pace too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »