Home

PS4 Online Versus choppiness/lag?

This is a discussion on PS4 Online Versus choppiness/lag? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-22-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
Rookie

Saint Iscah's Arena

OVR: 0
PS4 Online Versus choppiness/lag?

I must preface this....

I'm a well informed and knowledgeable gamer. I know all about uPnP settings, NAT types, rebooting my router to clear cache (flush DNS), speed tests, etc etc. So it's not any of that.

Here is the issue. I got this game in October for $35. I was as pissed as anyone because of the lack of modes. But I was okay with the price I paid because of one thing. The ability to pick up and play an online versus game. The games were nice and smooth. No online issues at all.

Then I stopped playing for a few months. Just this week I went to play for the 1st time since probably November and every online versus game has this weird choppiness to it. Not quite lag from a bad connection or something, but similar in how it negatively effects the game play. (very similar to the offline framerate issue when the game launched that was fixed by turning off uPnP for those that remember that)

I tested my speed. (45 mbps) I cleared my routers DNS cache. I turned off uPnP. Nothing helps it.

So is this a new issue after the latest PS4 or NHL 15 patch that EA has yet to fix? I see grumblings on the internet where people say FIFA had this issue but for FIFA it was fixed.

Can anyone shed light on this issue. Is everyone experiencing this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Saint Iscah; 01-22-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 02:38 AM   #2
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: PS4 Online Versus choppiness/lag?

Perhaps try clearing your PS4 cache? But without putting too much thought into it I would be willing to wager that the issue is relating to EA, their servers, and/or an update that they have released that is causing your issue.

As a well informed gamer you already know what a hot piece of trash this game pretty much is. And you are not the first to complain of input lag or choppiness during game play, especially online game play with NHL 15 for next gen. There is a thread in this very forum complaining about a similar issue for the PS4, but with OTP rather than online versus. Still, I wouldn't fret much over what is probably not a "you" issue as it is a "they" issue.

I have both systems, but only have NHL 15 for Xbox One. I find that if I notice the team selection screen lagging when attempting to cycle through the teams that the game play will lag also. So now when I encounter that I back out immediately until I find a smooth occurrence in the team selection. This may not relate to your instance as this may be more due to my opponent's shoddy connection, but it is something that I have picked up on during my frustrating time with the game. EA has made it difficult to determine what user is hosting the game play this year as they have begun randomizing home and away for each match. That is great, but it would still be nice to know what user's connection is hosting each game you play.

Good luck.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:00 AM   #3
Rookie

Saint Iscah's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 Online Versus choppiness/lag?

Thanks. I may try the PS4 cache. I already reinstalled the game.

I've too noticed the slow team select screen. This happens even when it's smooth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »