Home

i tried to like this game's online , i really did...

This is a discussion on i tried to like this game's online , i really did... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-17-2015, 01:25 AM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
Exclamation i tried to like this game's online , i really did...

i really avoided playing sports games online until i got into nba 2k11. and i saw how much fun the game was when you faced other people who liked the sport and PLAYED RIGHT. sure you had some cheesers, but most of the time you were able to play BASKETBALL

but over the years the game got has gotten more and more outrageous online and it seems like this game is catered to people who dont play or even watch basketball than for those who do, and in result this game has become almost unplayable online or better yet, gotten less fun. let me label the problems i have with this game online,

(I KNOW MY EXPERIENCE VARIES FROM YOURS. but i just want people to see what i been going thru so this isnt a total WAHHHHHH fest")

- the shot meter online just ruins the game for me, EVEN WHEN ITS OFF.

i cant hit anything, moving shots, spot up shots, mid ranges. and its not like im taking garbage shots. meanwhile my opponent is hitting everything like hes jesus even while contested. the game to me seemed better off when there was no tiger woods like meter altering my shot. i just feel this wasa huge step BACKWARDS. i do know the lag makes this horrible, but why even include it when the hamster keeping the servers up is dead.

-LEFT RIGHT LEFT
im sure you know what im getting at. this could have been added into my last point but i feel that this earned its own point. dont tell me they fixed, itc cause they clearly didnt.

- my opponent only wants to play half the game.

why come online to ONLY PLAY OFFENSE. like WTF.if i wanted to face the CPU i would play mycareer or myleague. there is nothing sadder, then passing the ball to where the offballer is, and then watch him switch to the next guy cause hes scared to get exposed. <_<. like i wish more was done in both basketball games(live being the other) to really take it to these offballers. cause they are increasing in numbers more and more

not forget that when the triple teaming starts, and it gets combined withthe above problem with shot making, you have a REALLY annoying game, cause you cant punish him for being a ********

- The paint game is a joke

why are my STARS or people with good finishing tendancies acting like they never attempted a lay up a day in their lifes. like yo. i know people miss, but the frequency my guys misses lays up even with stuff like finisher, is highly laughable. and it kinds of helps the guy playing off ball defense cause he knows the game is going to do some funky mess to cause me to miss a "EZ BUCKET"

- i get losses when i should get wins.

if i am having a game where i am doing everything right and winning, something will happen in the servers and i walk out with a giant L. COM'ON SON.

- the game just isnt fun anymore.

its hard to believe that a "sim" bball game can be played like its NBA JAM with little drawbacks it seems. i just wana play basketball. is that so damn hard?
last year's game wasnt perfect, but i swear on my life it was way more enjoyable than this mess.

my bigs acted like bigs, my finishers acted like finishers, and my shooters acted like shooters. and hell im even willing to say i held Defense better. i know ima get harrassed for this, but i feel that last year game played way better than this online.

i have to take a break from this game before i launch my ps4.but i really hope something gets done in 2k16 to bring back my fun factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2015, 01:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: i tried to like this game's online , i really did...

I'm going to be completely honest with you.

I had these EXACT same opinions a week ago before the servers went down for that one day.

Once the servers came back up, It kind of placed a placebo effect in my head (in my opinion) and all these problems went away. I don't complain about a thing anymore and I actually am completely better at the game with no issues.

All you have to do is play play play and you will get used to the game. I'm an All Star 2 now and I dooky on kids at the park. The game is pretty much mastered to me now but I know I'm only going to get better from this point on.

The only issue I have but it doesn't bother me much is the shot meter. I can agree sometimes I'm super close to the white line and it still misses, but I just shoot again and it goes in.

Practice makes perfect. See you guys at Legend 3!
Old 01-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #3
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_tah_c
I'm going to be completely honest with you.

I had these EXACT same opinions a week ago before the servers went down for that one day.

Once the servers came back up, It kind of placed a placebo effect in my head (in my opinion) and all these problems went away. I don't complain about a thing anymore and I actually am completely better at the game with no issues.

All you have to do is play play play and you will get used to the game. I'm an All Star 2 now and I dooky on kids at the park. The game is pretty much mastered to me now but I know I'm only going to get better from this point on.

The only issue I have but it doesn't bother me much is the shot meter. I can agree sometimes I'm super close to the white line and it still misses, but I just shoot again and it goes in.

Practice makes perfect. See you guys at Legend 3!
actaully i learn to accept the fact that the park will be a cesspool of garbage, but this post wasnt aimed at the park, (it should also be pointed out that i strangely enjoy the park)

but it was aimed at the game 5v5 online, mainly myteam. it takes the parks bs and amps it up to full vulume and just makes an enjoyable environment
Old 01-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
i really avoided playing sports games online until i got into nba 2k11. and i saw how much fun the game was when you faced other people who liked the sport and PLAYED RIGHT. sure you had some cheesers, but most of the time you were able to play BASKETBALL

but over the years the game got has gotten more and more outrageous online and it seems like this game is catered to people who dont play or even watch basketball than for those who do, and in result this game has become almost unplayable online or better yet, gotten less fun. let me label the problems i have with this game online,

(I KNOW MY EXPERIENCE VARIES FROM YOURS. but i just want people to see what i been going thru so this isnt a total WAHHHHHH fest")

- the shot meter online just ruins the game for me, EVEN WHEN ITS OFF.

i cant hit anything, moving shots, spot up shots, mid ranges. and its not like im taking garbage shots. meanwhile my opponent is hitting everything like hes jesus even while contested. the game to me seemed better off when there was no tiger woods like meter altering my shot. i just feel this wasa huge step BACKWARDS. i do know the lag makes this horrible, but why even include it when the hamster keeping the servers up is dead.

-LEFT RIGHT LEFT
im sure you know what im getting at. this could have been added into my last point but i feel that this earned its own point. dont tell me they fixed, itc cause they clearly didnt.

- my opponent only wants to play half the game.

why come online to ONLY PLAY OFFENSE. like WTF.if i wanted to face the CPU i would play mycareer or myleague. there is nothing sadder, then passing the ball to where the offballer is, and then watch him switch to the next guy cause hes scared to get exposed. <_<. like i wish more was done in both basketball games(live being the other) to really take it to these offballers. cause they are increasing in numbers more and more

not forget that when the triple teaming starts, and it gets combined withthe above problem with shot making, you have a REALLY annoying game, cause you cant punish him for being a ********

- The paint game is a joke

why are my STARS or people with good finishing tendancies acting like they never attempted a lay up a day in their lifes. like yo. i know people miss, but the frequency my guys misses lays up even with stuff like finisher, is highly laughable. and it kinds of helps the guy playing off ball defense cause he knows the game is going to do some funky mess to cause me to miss a "EZ BUCKET"

- i get losses when i should get wins.

if i am having a game where i am doing everything right and winning, something will happen in the servers and i walk out with a giant L. COM'ON SON.

- the game just isnt fun anymore.

its hard to believe that a "sim" bball game can be played like its NBA JAM with little drawbacks it seems. i just wana play basketball. is that so damn hard?
last year's game wasnt perfect, but i swear on my life it was way more enjoyable than this mess.

my bigs acted like bigs, my finishers acted like finishers, and my shooters acted like shooters. and hell im even willing to say i held Defense better. i know ima get harrassed for this, but i feel that last year game played way better than this online.

i have to take a break from this game before i launch my ps4.but i really hope something gets done in 2k16 to bring back my fun factor.
It sounds to me like you might just be a little burned out. If I'm reading correctly, you've been playing 1v1 online since 2K11. When you play for a while, things that would've been a slight annoyance years ago become a controller-throwing, rage-inducing problem. 2K, like any game, has legacy issues that show up to varying degrees year in and year out, and they jump out at you and become a much bigger irritant when you've seen them year after year.

The main thing I would suggest is finding 4 other good, sim players and give All Star Team Up a try, if you haven't already. Some of the things you talk about can't really be helped for online play, but having 4 teammates who know what they're doing alleviates some of the crazy AI quirks that happen in this game. It's also nice when you're playing that guy who just wants to cheese with LeBron/KD/Curry that you have guys you can communicate with and make adjustments.

"Curry is going to zig-zag and then jack a 3, so everyone be ready to run at him if he shakes loose."

"This guy's just trying to slam it every time with LeBron, so bigs be ready to take a charge."

These are the kinds of adjustments that you can't really do with the computer. And that's not even mentioning deciding how you want to defend ball-screens or play on the offensive end. Now, you need to find good teammates to pull this off, but with as much as it sounds like you play 1v1, just add any good players you come across to your friend's list and you should be set in no time.

This obviously doesn't fix a lot of the issues you have with online, but if you haven't tried it, you might give it a shot. At the very least, it's at least something different and might help give the game a fresh feeling again.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

for online play i would suggest playing quick games. the half of the community that plays on there seem to be more serious about the game of basketball. all my fun online exp have been on quick games. mypark and myteam which i do play online from time to time are the microwave community. especially myteam. eveyone wants to try and beat you in the 1st quarter and make you quit.
i dont know how many games i have played where they leave before half time because they missed a alley oop dunk or i stole the ball from them or something else trivial.
give quick games a shot if you have not already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I agree player roles (shooters, finishers , bigs, post scorers) just seemed better last year like you could be effective with those guys in the right way.

But defense is better this year.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #7
Banned

I am at the same point with the game right now as the OP.

There is just too much stuff that FORCES you to play the game like it's NBA Jam 2K15.

Especially when you jump online and play. The non-stop turbo and missed shots in the lane are really annoying.

It rewards poor and unrealistic play while penalizing those who try to play "smart" basketball.

Players who try to steal every inbounds pass and leave their defense in a 5-on-4 situation on every possession are rewarded....

Players who never take their finger off turbo while zig-zagging around are rewarded...

Players who simply catch the ball and turbo directly SIDEWAYS to get an open jumper (something you never see an NBA player do) are rewarded...

Players who only take 25 shots a game with their STAR player are rewarded...

Players who just barrel into the lane with their STAR player to draw a foul are rewarded...

Players who play off-ball with a big man and leave their man WIDE open under the hoop, because they KNOW layups only go in about 1/3 of the time, are rewarded....

All of this literally forces those who want to WIN to play this way. And lord knows about 90% of the dudes who play this game are TRYHARDS who'd rather take advantage of all of these things then, ya know, play real basketball and have fun doing so.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:24 AM   #8
Rookie

Online is too laggy for me to play..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »