Home

Why are we REWARDED for playing this game like NBA Jam?

This is a discussion on Why are we REWARDED for playing this game like NBA Jam? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-16-2015, 08:19 AM   #1
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon13 Why are we REWARDED for playing this game like NBA Jam?

For once, just once, I'd like to be able to play a game of NBA2K15 where good ball movement, accurate cuts, good kickouts and closeouts are the ingredient to victory rather than finding ways to hold down the turbo button and dunk every possible shot.

Take this new MyTeam challenge, for example - it's just sad that people have run game after game before coming to the conclusion that the only way to win is to stack your team full of dunkers and run at the CPU trying to milk foul calls.

Domination is the same - if you play a game where you beat the CPU by 30 points by running plays and keeping the score realistic, you don't have a chance in hell of getting the MT points to win the reward packs. So people just speed up the tempo to a ridiculous run-and-gun tempo and end up getting more rewarded for it... and people wonder why many online players are so cheesy?

With habits like this for most first-timers encouraged with the introduction offline, what incentive do they have to learn how to play ACTUAL basketball when they can just play this unrealistic BS and see much better results?

If 2K wants to market this as a "simulation" game, then they need to get their **** together and reward smart gameplay and logical roster construction rather than inane Harlem Globetrotter crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Why are we REWARDED for playing this game like NBA Jam?

It's getting there will never be perfect .

I play the rec a lot . This is the most sim online experience I've had in 2k playing with Randoms. Are there cheesers And abusers ? Yes. But for the most part I get a pretty good basketball experience .

I can't speak for my team this year but for me the sim out weighs the cheese and abusers
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

It's partly this generation of entitled, instant-gratication, no-skill brats whose first game was Modern Warfare 2, and partly your fault for buying a sports game and willingly going online. Sports games have honestly been cheese-city since their inception. If you're just now realizing that, then shame on you.

Offline franchise mode in any sports game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Stop playing them arcade modes. MyTeam, The Park/Rec or all arcade modes.

You can't control the experience, because it's a create-a-mode. Either your creating a team or player. Those modes are designed for fun factor, not to be played realistically. You can have an All-Star team with legends from different era's on MyTeam. Your not playing realistic ball with no scrubs on the team. A team filled with MJ, Kobe, Lebron, etc.... will have almost anybody driving the lane to dunk for damn near the whole game.

MyCareer will let you create a 7'2 center with PG skills, there's no limitations to what a player can do at any positions. Yesterday I played a squad of Ballers all 7ft, legends, who were quick , agile , shooting 3's etc...

Can't get mad, I chose to play that arcade mode. 2K15 is what it is, the Sim modes play sim, while the arcade modes play like NBA Jam.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #5
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolrf
Stop playing them arcade modes. MyTeam, The Park/Rec or all arcade modes.

You can't control the experience, because it's a create-a-mode. Either your creating a team or player. Those modes are designed for fun factor, not to be played realistically. You can have an All-Star team with legends from different era's on MyTeam. Your not playing realistic ball with no scrubs on the team. A team filled with MJ, Kobe, Lebron, etc.... will have almost anybody driving the lane to dunk for damn near the whole game.

MyCareer will let you create a 7'2 center with PG skills, there's no limitations to what a player can do at any positions. Yesterday I played a squad of Ballers all 7ft, legends, who were quick , agile , shooting 3's etc...

Can't get mad, I chose to play that arcade mode. 2K15 is what it is, the Sim modes play sim, while the arcade modes play like NBA Jam.
Agree, both MT and MC(rincluding rec and park) are way too limitless in capability growth of your team or player.
If only there were lower limit of attribute upgrades, limit of gold badges, penalties of making biggest height/wingspan/shoulder of your position (anything less than max of those is inferior option now) . Then you could talk about playing successful basketball in Rec. Its so annoying to play squads of every1 99 ovr and 40+ badges already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2015, 02:59 PM   #6
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree w/ the OP. I would love to just pick up the controller, go to online quick match and have a phenomenal game, win or lose. I honestly would rather lose a well played game than win against a garbage cheeser. I don't blame the player either. If the game mechanics forced you to play for an open shot or play defense with your body instead of your hands (just a couple of examples) people would stop playing like this.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 01-16-2015, 07:51 PM   #7
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
For once, just once, I'd like to be able to play a game of NBA2K15 where good ball movement, accurate cuts, good kickouts and closeouts are the ingredient to victory rather than finding ways to hold down the turbo button and dunk every possible shot.

Take this new MyTeam challenge, for example - it's just sad that people have run game after game before coming to the conclusion that the only way to win is to stack your team full of dunkers and run at the CPU trying to milk foul calls.

Domination is the same - if you play a game where you beat the CPU by 30 points by running plays and keeping the score realistic, you don't have a chance in hell of getting the MT points to win the reward packs. So people just speed up the tempo to a ridiculous run-and-gun tempo and end up getting more rewarded for it... and people wonder why many online players are so cheesy?

With habits like this for most first-timers encouraged with the introduction offline, what incentive do they have to learn how to play ACTUAL basketball when they can just play this unrealistic BS and see much better results?

If 2K wants to market this as a "simulation" game, then they need to get their **** together and reward smart gameplay and logical roster construction rather than inane Harlem Globetrotter crap.
To be fair, their marketing works pretty well.

I've seen hundreds of posts on this site claiming 2k is a "sim."

Every single time somebody says that it leaves me scratching my head.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Problem is the game needs better physics , foot planting , and reactions. My favorite thing about open world games is how free and organic they feel. 2k doesn't give me that feel not that it's a bad game. For example when the game doesn't let you jump to contest at times or alleys that ignore contact or lose ball situations . Guess that's a curse of yearly releases ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »