Home

APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

This is a discussion on APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-13-2015, 12:33 AM   #1
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5

The time has finally come... it's time to release the new All-Pro Football 2K8 Editor!!!!

I've been working tirelessly to get this project at a release point and I'm super excited to share it with the community. The editor has many features and works very similar to my recent NFL ESPN 2K4 PC Editor recently released here. download here

I suggest watching the below videos if you want a tour on how to use the editor and to keep up with the latest features.
Youtube Vids

This editor was created for use with APF 2K8 football to edit .ROS roster files on the XBOX 360 only.

This is the first release so there may be bugs. If you find any please post here and I will do my best to correct any issues found. I'd love to see what we can create from this editor to make APF 2K8 more enjoyable.

I've spent tons of hours working on this editor, so if you like the editor and would like to give back then please feel free to donate through the editor main toolbar! Any amount is much appreciated and will serve towards further enhancements and features.

Please be sure to backup your Roster file if it's the first time you're using the program. Also, please make sure to disable any Anti-Virus software if you experience issues downloading or installing the editor on your PC.

Windows only, not Mac.

NOTE: If a menu item doesn't do anything when clicking, it just means I haven't coded it yet.

Hope you guys enjoy!

EDIT: 1/13/15 - (v0.1.3.0)
1. Fixed issue where second file opening crashes program.
2. Fixed 32 bit processor compatibility issue. Confirmed fixed now.

EDIT: 1/15/15 - (v0.1.4.0)
1. Added additional error handling to help with the issues we've been hearing.
2. Fixed issue with recent menu text.
3. Misc minor bugs fixes.

EDIT: 1/16/15 - (v0.1.5.0)
1. Added additional Equipment options.
2. Added "LB Run Style" which is an attribute for Run Style (Power or Finesse) as an ability.
3. Skin and Hand added to Appearance section.
4. New APF Icon.
5. Fixed issue where setting "Acrobatic Catches" ability would also cause "Ankle Breaker" to be set.
6. Misc minor bugs fixes.

EDIT: 2/15/15 - (v0.1.6.0)
1. Added 244 new player names used to select player first and last names.
2. Fixed issue with Player Type being changed to Legend when picking Legend face.
3. Resolved disappearing of names in Finn’s editor due to selecting None as PBP or Face.
4. Fixed issue where all player run styles were being set to Unknown 25
5. Correct Ability totals issue where it was -1 or multiplying by 2 when editing Player Abilities.
6. Added Team Uniforms to editor. Comes with the ability to upload new uniforms to editor along with preview pic option.
7. Added ability to change Team’s City name.
8. Added way to change Uniform collars to any team name. NO NFL TEAMS though. There are two names found… “All Pro” and “Visual Concepts”. (couldn’t find a way to completely remove it)
9. Completed all Player Editor features (Apperance & Equipment) items so you can fully edit a player now without using Finn’s editor.
10. Added new Equipment Preview window to see what each piece of Equipment looks like on a player.
11. Added “No Facemask” option for those who want to go out on the field and lose some teeth!
12. Added “Tier” star image (Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper - Generic with 1 or more abilities gets this image) to top-right of player editor screen.
13. New set of Face filters added to provide a deeper filer level for finding that perfect face in just seconds.
14. Now the Player Editor Header section gets updated in real time as you make changes to your player.
15. Fixed issue when saving 00 number it wouldn’t save correctly in game.
16. Added missing Johnny Unitas face.
17. Added more PBP names (7643 DICK GORDON,7656 SAM HUFF (PHOTO 2),7830 RAY CHILDRESS,7832 JIM COVERT,7900 JIM BROWN,7901 TERRY BRADSHAW ,7903 (DEION OR CHARLIE)? SANDERS,7899 LYNN SWANN)
18. Main grid columns ALL populating with Player data now.
19. New Tier image on main grid for clearer view of star players. (Copper not included here)
20. All attributes added to Global Editor tool.

EDIT: 2/15/15 - (v0.1.6.1)
1. Added City Abbreviations. Only works in Offline mode and still needs some testing. There’s also no validation on length of characters, so be careful not to go crazy and add more than 3 characters.

EDIT: 5/12/15 - (v0.1.7.0)
1. Ability to edit PS3 rosters added.
Information of how to extract PS3 rosters... https://www.dropbox.com/s/umg78b6t5v...force.zip?dl=0

Newest Version - v0.1.7.0
http://www.kingjavo.com/APF2K8/Editor

Last edited by KingJavo; 05-13-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 12:56 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Great work!

Just curious; How close are you to figuring out how to edit all 24 season mode teams with the editor? I really want to play another season of APF, but I just can't stand to look at those CPU uni's again, they are just so putrid, lol.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:21 AM   #3
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Great work!

Just curious; How close are you to figuring out how to edit all 24 season mode teams with the editor? I really want to play another season of APF, but I just can't stand to look at those CPU uni's again, they are just so putrid, lol.

I'm planning to add uniforms soon. I think you can still do what you're asking now.

You can toggle the team from cpu to user and update them in game. Then switch them back when finished.

Options tab > user controlled checkbox
Old 01-13-2015, 03:14 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

This already looks better than FlyingFinn's version! All Hail King Javo
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-13-2015, 03:23 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Does anyone have a default APF 2k8 roster save uploaded for editing purposes?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #6
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

It's best to just set the exe to Always Run as Admin so you never have to worry about it again.

I think the right-click team menu acts funky if you don't run as admin aslo. FYI.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

One bug I've noticed so far is that the program will crash and close down the second time that you ask it to open a roster file.

So make sure to save your progress when you're done editing your file and are thinking about opening up another file, because doing the latter is going to crash the program.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:02 PM   #8
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
One bug I've noticed so far is that the program will crash and close down the second time that you ask it to open a roster file.

So make sure to save your progress when you're done editing your file and are thinking about opening up another file, because doing the latter is going to crash the program.

This should not happen. I've tested for this many times. A file will not load if you edited in offline mode and didn't save and tried to load the file again.

Let me know if this is not the case and I can test.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »