Home

Boston Celtics: The Rebuild (2k15 PS4)

This is a discussion on Boston Celtics: The Rebuild (2k15 PS4) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-10-2015, 07:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Boston Celtics: The Rebuild (2k15 PS4)

Welcome to my Celtics dynasty! Most of you probably do not know me, and I haven't been around in about a year. But I am back, and I will be running a Celtics MyLeague on 2k15 on the PS4. I'm just going to go ahead and put this out there: I have a heavy schedule school wise. I am doing this for fun because I enjoy it. So, please read the following:

First of all, I will be simming the entire first season, after I make my trades, and will "officially" start with the 2015-2016 season. Next, this is not going to be a completely realistic MyLeague. There will be trades. Many, many trades. I'm talking upwards of 10+ trades by me, to start out. I will be keeping them as realistic as possible, however I will also be using the trade finder. The goal is to build a young team with some of the talents I really like in 2k. I will play the young players, take my bad record for 2-3 years, then things will really be interesting. Pretty much everyone but Smart, Young, Sullinger, and Olynyk are for sale. So let me say this one more time: If you are looking for a realistic Celtics MyLeague, this is NOT the dynasty for you. I'm not playing for the most realistic, I'm playing to have fun during my limited amount of time.

I also want this point to stand out, so it gets its own row: I'm much further along in this MyLeague than you would think. I just don't have the time to do the write-ups everyday. That being said, don't be surprised to see 3+ months worth of progress posted all in a single day. I've got a ton of catching up to do, so when I have to time to sit down and crank out monthly recaps, I'm gonna try to complete as many as I can.

For those of you still with me, great! This should be very fun, and I actually believe the unconventional style will turn out good. I've decided to mostly sim this MyLeague, but I'll be playing games when I want to. However, I will progress very quickly. Here is the pertinent info for this Celtics MyLeague:
  • All trades completed with trade finder, with additional fairness value added as I see fit
  • Simming 2014-2015 season
  • 2k generated draft classes(25 Quality)
  • 10 minute quarters (12 minutes sim)
  • Allstar difficulty, default sliders
  • Mostly simming, playing games when I want to.
  • Player progression set at 45 & training effects set at 40
  • Active lineup management & scouting
  • Will not be signing big name free agents at first
  • I'll be posting in-depth, monthly recaps
  • I'll be posting league wide news, but only the interesting injuries/signings/waives/firings/hirings
  • Full game recap on the most interesting game of the month
  • Wins in green font, losses in red font
  • More information will be added as I think of it, so check back regularly

DISCLAIMER: The dialogue and monologue throughout this dynasty by Chris Forsberg and Danny Ainge is purely fictional. It does not represent their thoughts, attitude, etc.

Last edited by TheJokester117; 01-14-2015 at 11:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2015, 07:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Boston Celtics: The Rebuild (2k15 PS4)

Here is the official list of what I did to start the first season. All trades were completed using the trade finder, with some picks added in by myself to make everything fair in my eyes. Everything took place on October 28, 2014:
  • Celtics fire trainer Ed Lacerte and sign Taylor Stuart to a 1 year deal
  • Celtics trade Jameer Nelson to Rockets for Alexey Shved, '16 2nd Round pick via NY
  • Celtics trade Brandon Bass, Jae Crowder, '16 1st Round pick via BK for Dion Waiters and Nick Collison
  • Celtics trade Jeff Green, '15 1st Round pick via LAC, '16 2nd Round pick via NY to Timberwolves for Shabazz Muhammad, Chase Budinger
  • Celtics trade Nick Collison, '15 2nd Round pick via PHI to Hawks for Mike Muscala
  • Celtics trade Tyler Zeller, Marcus Thorton, '16 1st Round pick via CLE, '15 2nd Round Pick via BOS to Nuggets for Jusuf Nurkic, Arron Afflalo
  • Celtics trade Chase Budinger to 76ers for Malcolm Thomas
  • Celtics trade Alexey Shved to Pistons for '15 2nd Round pick via DET
  • Celtics trade Avery Bradley, '15 2nd Round pick via DET, '15 2nd Round pick via Heat to Mavericks for Raymond Felton, Greg Smith, '18 1st Round pick via DAL
  • Celtics waive Raymond Felton
  • Celtics trade Arron Afflalo, Phil Pressey, '16 2nd Round via PHI to Rockets for Isaiah Canaan, Jason Terry
  • Celtics waive Jason Terry

After all roster moves were completed, the Celtics have the following depth chart:

Boston Celtics Depth Chart - 2014
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGMarcus SmartIsaiah CanaanNando De Colo
SGDion WaitersJames Young
SFShabazz MuhammadEvan TurnerGerald Wallace
PFJared SullingerKelly OlynykMalcolm Thomas
CJusuf NurkicMike MuscalaGreg Smith

ESPNBoston.com writer Chris Forsberg caught up with Celtics GM Danny Ainge to talk about the crazy moves to start the 2014 Season:

Forsberg: Nice to see you again Danny. What a day for the Boston Celtics! How would you describe today and the moves you made?

Ainge: You as well, Chris. Well, what can I say? We're in total rebuild mode now. Although it may be an unpopular opinion, there's no use putting a sub-par team on the court for years to come, hoping you get lucky in the free agency/draft process. I'm a firm believer in the development of players during college, the draft process, and the young talent we have acquired. I had to do what was best for the future of this storied organization. Although it may mean we have a few rough years, we'll turn it around soon. The Celtics have begun the journey to the top again.

Forsberg: That is a bold statement Danny, but I believe you know what you are doing. How do you think Brad Stevens and the team will handle it?

Ainge: Well Chris, I believe we have a fantastic young coach in Brad Stevens. He will work with and develop the young talent we have. I have been in constant contact with him, and he knows that this is best for the organization.

Forsberg: Very well. Any expectations for the year?

Ainge: Sure, sure, there's always expectations. They don't always have to be sky high though. Ultimately, I expect the team to develop chemistry and the players to adapt to the NBA game. I'm not going to be unreasonable, but I'm expecting improvement for the coming years. It may seem like a daunting task now, but it will get better.

Forsberg: I think I can speak for all of Boston when I say: I certainly hope so. Good luck this year, appreciate the time Danny.

Ainge: Thank you Chris, always a pleasure.

What exactly is in store for the 2014 Boston Celtics? We can only wait and see...

Last edited by TheJokester117; 01-11-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Boston Celtics Stats - 2014
PlayerGPMINPPGRPGAPGSPGBPGTPGFPG
Dion Waiters76227517.72.73.01.00.32.62.2
Jared Sullinger82240213.97.81.70.60.82.33.8
Marcus Smart82245111.74.74.71.50.12.41.5
Kelly Olynyk74188010.26.20.70.10.61.82.3
Shabazz Muhammad79225410.14.72.30.70.41.61.8
Evan Turner8219829.93.92.30.70.11.41.5
Isaiah Canaan8115377.02.03.30.60.01.51.5
James Young8211156.41.81.00.30.01.01.0
Jusuf Nurkic8219105.36.50.30.70.61.23.1
Mike Muscala7613893.34.70.40.10.60.81.6
Nando De Colo10752.40.42.00.20.00.40.4
Greg Smith4362.92.50.00.30.30.51.5
Malcolm Thomas12652.31.00.00.00.00.20.4
Gerald Wallace4120.30.70.00.30.30.30.0

Ainge: Overall, I'd say we had a decent year, but our 22-60 record may not reflect that. The young players got plenty of developmental time. Smart, Waiters, and Sully had great seasons, and Olynyk was a force coming off the bench for us! We didn't have any huge injuries among our core group, I believe 12 games was the most missed, which is great. We also managed to get the #3 overall pick in this year's draft, so we'll see how that plays out. I'm happy with how the season turned out, and I know next year will be even better.

2014-2015 NBA Season Awards
AwardPlayerPosTeam
Most Valuable PlayerKevin DurantFOklahoma City Thunder
Rookie of the YearMarcus SmartGBoston Celtics
Sixth Man of the YearReggie JacksonGOklahoma City Thunder
Defensive Player of the YearAnthony DavisFNew Orleans Pelicans
Most Improved PlayerJonas ValanciunasCToronto Raptors
Coach of the YearTom ThibodeauCoachChicago Bulls
All-NBA 1st Team
All-NBA 1st TeamStephen CurryGGolden State Warriors
Russel WestbrookGOklahoma City Thunder
Kevin DurantFOklahoma City Thunder
Anthony DavisFNew Orleans Pelicans
Chris BoshCMiami Heat
All-NBA 2nd Team
All-NBA 2nd TeamJames HardenGHouston Rockets
Jimmy ButlerGChicago Bulls
LeBron JamesFCleveland Cavaliers
Blake GriffinFLos Angeles Clippers
Marc GasolCMemphis Grizzlies
All-NBA 3rd Team
All-NBA 3rd TeamKyrie IrvingGCleveland Cavaliers
Damian LillardGPortland Trail Blazers
Carmelo AnthonyFNew York Knicks
Rudy GayFSacramento Kings
Dwight HowardCHouston Rockets
All-Defensive 1st Team
All-Defensive 1st TeamJimmy ButlerGChicago Bulls
Patrick BeverleyGHouston Rockets
Anthony DavisFNew Orleans Pelicans
Paul GeorgeFIndiana Pacers
DeAndre JordanCLos Angeles Clippers
All-Defensive 2nd Team
All-Defensive 2nd TeamKyle LowryGToronto Raptors
Lance StephensonGCharlotte Hornets
Kevin DurantFOklahoma City Thunder
Tim DuncanFSan Antonio Spurs
Dwight HowardCHouston Rockets
All-Rookie 1st Team
All-Rookie 1st TeamMarcus SmartGBoston Celtics
K.J. McDanielsGPhiladelphia 76ers
Shabazz NapierGMiami Heat
Jabari ParkerFMilwaukee Bucks
Joel EmbiidCPhiladelphia 76ers
All-Rookie 2nd Team
All-Rookie 2nd TeamAndrew WigginsFMinnesota Timberwolves
Elfrid PaytonGOrlando Magic
Bojan BogdanovicFBrooklyn Nets
Julius RandleFLos Angeles Lakers
Aaron GordonFOrlando Magic

The 2015 NBA Playoff Picture:

West:
1.Thunder
8. Mavericks
4. Clippers
5. Trail Blazers
3. Spurs
6. Grizzlies
2. Rockets
8. Warriors

East:
1.Bulls
8.Nets
4. Raptors
5. Pacers
3. Cavaliers
6. Hornets
2. Heat
7. Hawks

The Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Chicago Bulls 4 games to 3 to win the 2015 NBA Finals. Kevin Durant takes home the 2015 Finals MVP with a stat line of: 34.2 MPG, 29.7 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 5.3 APG.

Retiring Players:
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Ray Allen
  • Steve Nash
  • Shawn Marion
  • Andre Miller
  • Kenyon Martin
  • Tayshaun Prince
  • Manu Ginobil
  • John Salmons
  • Jannero Pargo

2015 Hall of Fame Inductees Stats - 2015
PlayerGPMINPPGRPGAPGSPGBPGTPGFPG
Ray Allen137618.54.03.31.10.2
Kevin Garnett145917.910.13.71.31.4
Steve Nash129713.82.98.30.70.1

Last edited by TheJokester117; 01-11-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #4
Rookie

CLIPPERS LOSE DOC RIVERS: TROUBLE IN FRONT OFFICE?

After coaching the Clippers for a few seasons, and taking them to a 50-32 record this year, Doc Rivers has decided to leave the team he once dreamed of coaching. Nothing is know for sure, but sources say there is a major shakeup brewing in the Clippers front office, and Doc just didn't want to be a part of it. That being said, the Clippers are moving forward with an unknown head coach, Mason Yee.

NUGGETS FIRE HEAD COACH BRIAN SHAW AFTER DISAPPOINTING SEASON AND PLAYOFF RUN

In a move that most everyone saw coming, the Denver Nuggets fired head coach Brian Shaw today. The Nuggets finished 37-45 last year, even below the Minnesota Timberwolves. Under Shaw, the Nuggets average 100.3 PPG, but gave up an absurd 103.7 PPG. The above, combined with the disappointing playoff run, was the icing on the cake for the end of Shaw's career in Denver. The Nuggets will try to reload next season with Doc Rivers at the helm, the team announced today.

CAVALIERS FIRE FIRST YEAR HEAD COACH DAVID BLATT DESPITE 3RD SEED IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS

The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired head coach David Blatt today, in a move surprising everyone. Blatt was a first year NBA head coach, coming over from Macabi Tel Aviv. He managed to coach his squad to a 51-31 record and the 3rd seed in the Eastern Conference, but failed to advance past the second round. Sources inside the organization say LeBron was behind the move, with the Cavaliers having hired Blatt before LeBron re-signed with them. They have collaborated and decided to hire another unproven head coach, Gabriel Taylor.

IN A JAW DROPPING, HEAD SCRATCHING MOVE, BULLS HIRE BRIAN SHAW OVER TOM THIBODEAU

In a move that no one yet understands, the Chicago Bulls have decided to hire Brian Shaw over Tom Thibodeau. Thibodeau coached the Bulls to a 69-13 record, 1 seed in the Eastern Conference, and 1 game away from a NBA Championship. The Bulls averaged 101.1 PPG last season, but held opponents to a league low 87.4 PPG. And somehow, Thibodeau managed to not be rehired. Shaw had a less than stellar year in Denver, however, with the talent on this Bulls roster, the sky should be the limit.

TURMOIL IN BOSTON: BRAD STEVENS OUT AS CELTICS HEAD COACH

Forsberg: Yes, you read that headline correctly. In what can only be described as an astonishing move, Brad Stevens is out as the Celtics head coach. According to sources within the Celtics organization, Stevens went head to head with GM Danny Ainge over the direction of the franchise taken this past season. This all may be for the best, however, because former Celtics assistant coach and Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau has decided to sign on with Boston. He brings a great defensive attitude, playoff and winning experience, and just the kind of leadership this group of talented young players need. Let's see what he can do with this squad.

TOM THIBODEAU'S STAFF HIRINGS:
  • Re-Sign Head Scout Mason Miller to a 5-year deal
  • Sign Head Trainer Joe Sharpe to a 5-year deal
  • Sign Assistant Coach Ray Allen to a 1-year

CELTICS DRAFT RANDOLPH BOONE WITH 3RD PICK
Forsberg: The Celtics drafted 6'6, 225lb, 20 year-old SG/SF Randolph Boone, out of Mississippi. He averaged 18.8 PPG, 5.0 RPG, and 2.2 APG at Mississippi.

It remains to be seen what exactly the plan is, with the logjam of Waiters, Muhammad, Turner, Young, and Boone all in the SG or SF positions. However, Boone is a starting NBA talent, with the potential to be something special in this league. I expect minimal changes to be made this year, but with Turner on an expiring contract, I wouldn't be surprised if he is moved before the deadline. I believe Young, Waiters, and Muhammad have bigger futures in the NBA than Turner, and Boston would definitely like to keep them around. Combine that with the fact that this will eat into Turner's minutes, and I can't imagine him being around much longer. This looks like a great addition by the Celtics, but expect the collateral damage of this draft to begin soon.

BOSTON CELTICS FREE AGENCY:
Ainge: Malcolm Thomas, Greg Smith, and Nando De Colo were all allowed to pursue other opportunities in free agency. We wish them the best of luck as they continue their NBA careers elsewhere.

Caron Butler, Nazr Mohammed, and Andrei Kirilenko were all signed in free agency. They all signed 1 year/$2.00m contracts to be reserves. They understand they will be seeing very little action, but they have embraced the role of mentoring this talented, young group of players. We are very happy with how the free agency process played out this year.

NOTABLE FREE AGENCY SIGNINGS:
  • LeBron James, Kevin Love, Iman Shumpert re-sign with Celeveland
  • DeAndre Jordan re-signs with LAC
  • Marc Gasol re-signs with Memphis
  • Dwayne Wade re-signs with Miami
  • Al Jefferson re-signs with Charlotte; Monta Ellis signs with Charlotte
  • Jimmy Butler, Paul Millsap sign with New York
  • Rajon Rondo, Gerald Green, Brandon Bass sign with LAL
  • Robin Lopez signs with New Orleans
  • Greg Monroe re-signs with Detroit; Wesley Matthews signs with Detroit
  • Goran Dragic signs with Toronto
  • LaMarcus Aldridge re-signs with Protland; Brook Lopez signs with Portland
  • Tobias Harris signs with Atlanta
  • Omer Asik signs with San Antonio; Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green re-sign with San Antonio

Last edited by TheJokester117; 01-14-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Boston Celtics Depth Chart - 2015
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGMarcus SmartIsaiah Canaan
SGDion WaitersJames Young
SFRandolph BooneShabazz MuhammadCaron ButlerGerald Wallace
PFJared SullingerKelly OlynykAndrei Kirilenko
CJusuf NurkicMike MuscalaNazr Mohammad

BREAKING NEWS: OCTOBER 30, 2015
  • Celtics trade Evan Turner, '16 2nd Round pic via CLE to 76ers for Jerami Grant, '17 2nd Round pick via PHI
  • Celtics waive Jerami Grant

Ainge: We thank Evan Turner for his time here in Boston, and wish him the best of luck this year. We are sorry to have to trade him, but at this time, we just have too many people in his position. This should free up the minutes needed for this young core to grow.

OCTOBER RECAP:
Boston goes 1-1 in the month of October, bringing their record to 1-1. Boston is T-2nd in the Atlantic Division, and T-5th in the Eastern Conference.

Forsberg: Sully had a great two game set, averaging 13 PPG and 10 RPG. The team looks to bounce back after the Evan Turner trade, but things are looking up. Everyone should have a nice amount of playing time, and this should allow the team to develop chemistry.
  • October 28th - Boston 105, Charlotte 81
  • October 31st - Boston 94, Orlando 96

OCTOBER LEAGUE NEWS:
  • C.J. McCollum (Portland) tore his ACL and is done for the season.
  • Demarcus Cousins (Sacramento) tore a ligament in his hand and is out 1-2 months
  • Kevin Love (Cleveland) fractured his humerus and is out 8-10 weeks
  • Luol Deng re-signs with Miami for 3 years/$10.03m
  • Paul Pierce signs with Washington for 1 year/$2.33m

That's all for the month of October. Next up is the November recap.

Last edited by TheJokester117; 01-12-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2015, 04:38 AM   #6
Rookie

really interested in the way that you are running this rebuild. excited to see what you have planned for the future
Old 01-12-2015, 01:20 PM   #7
Rookie

NOVEMBER RECAP:
Boston goes 7-8 in the month of November to bring their record to 8-9. They are currently ranked 3rd in the Atlantic Division and 11th in the Eastern Conference. Through 17 games, Boston is averaging 94.8 PPG but giving up 98.5 PPG.

Forsberg: The team is still searching for their number one scoring option, with Sulinger and Smart being the number two and three, respectively. Boone and Muhammad are both being given the chance to prove they can carry the team. Coach Thibodeau can always fall back on Sullinger to be the number one option, however, most teams key in on him, and he really produces best as the number two. Smart is more than capable of holding down the number three option. Only time will tell, but it looks like Muhammad currently has the advantage over Boone for the time being.
  • November 1st - Boston 89, Washington 95
  • November 3rd - Boston 94, Utah 89
  • November 4th - Boston 80, Toronto 110
  • November 6th - Boston 99, Atlanta 80
  • November 8th - Boston 104, New York 96
  • November 10th - Boston 83, Orlando 95
  • November 12th - Boston 91, Indiana 83
  • November 14th - Boston 106, Denver 101
  • November 18th - Boston 69, San Antonio 120
  • November 20th - Boston 100, Milwaukee 112
  • November 21st - Boston 110, Detroit 125
  • November 23rd - Boston 94, LAC 90
  • November 25th - Boston 100, Charlotte 94
  • November 27th - Boston 87, New Orleans 98
  • November 29th - Boston 106, LAL 109

San Antonio Spurs (5-6) at Boston Celtics (6-3)
Nov 18, 20151234Final
San Antonio30362321120
Boston827142069
Top Performers
San Antonio Spurs
Kawhi Leonard - 22 PTS, 9 REB, 3 AST
Patty Mills - 18 PTS, 5 REB, 4 AST
Boston Celtics
Jared Sullinger - 17 PTS, 11 REB, 3 AST
Dion Waiters - 15 PTS, 2 REB, 1 AST
Team Stats Comparison
SASBOS
FG Made-Att44-7726-68
3PT Made-Att7-174-14
FT Made-Att25-3513-15
Rebounds4239
Assists2414
Turnovers927
Steals147
Blocks73
San Antonio Spurs
STARTERSMINFG3PTFTREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Tony Parker283-50-03-3471019
Danny Green275-101-31-21471312
Kawhi Leonard368-100-16-79332122
Tim Duncan183-80-00-2401206
Tiago Splitter297-121-12-78102017
BENCHMINFG3PTFTREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Patty Mills285-112-66-65410318
Cory Joseph181-10-04-4150016
Kyle Anderson237-133-51-24010018
Boris Diaw234-60-12-23000010
Omer Asik101-10-00-0300002
Bernard Marsh-- DID NOT PLAY --
Andy Conley-- DID NOT PLAY --
Matt Bonner-- DID NOT PLAY --
Boston Celtics
Marcus Smart311-40-10-0331043
Randolph Boone232-71-20-0521135
Shabazz Muhammad335-110-15-54300015
Jared Sullinger376-142-43-411311417
Jusuf Nurkic231-20-00-0300032
Isaiah Cannan151-20-00-0000012
Dion Waiters266-131-32-22110515
James Young152-30-00-0013014
Kelly Olynyk252-10-32-2600166
Mike Muscala120-20-01-2200001
Caron Butler-- DID NOT PLAY --
Andrei Kirilenko-- DID NOT PLAY --
Nazr Mohammad-- DID NOT PLAY --

Forsberg: Wow, what a game! Well not by Boston, I'm not sure if they ever showed up. That was just horrible. Taking a look at the stats, two things stand out: a horrible FG%, and 27 TURNOVERS. I'm surprised they even scored 69 with numbers like those. This was a really rough loss for Boston, and you can tell it shook the confidence of this young group; they went 2-4 after this loss to close out November. It was overall a bad game by everyone, and they're definitely gonna have to figure themselves out if they want to compete in the Eastern Conference this year. Both the starters and bench need to be more consistent in their PTS and REB totals. I can only hope for a better month in December. Now, it's time for Around the League...

NOVEMBER LEAGUE NEWS:
  • Andrew Bogut (Golden State) dislocated his patella and is out 4-6 months
  • Luol Deng (Miami) tore his hand ligament and is out 6-8 weeks
  • Demarcus Cousins (Sacramento) still has the torn hand ligament, but has been upgraded to 4-6 weeks
  • Kevin Love (Cleveland) still has the fractured humerus, but has been upgraded to 1-2 weeks
  • Roy Hibbert re-signs with Indiana for 2 years/$21.45m
  • David West re-sings with Indiana for 1 year/$2.16m
  • Thaddeus Young re-signs with Minnesota for 3 years/$25.26m
  • Jeff Green re-signs with Minnesota for 2 years/$7.98m
  • J.R. Smith re-signs with Cleveland for 2 years/$8.99m

That's all for the month of November. Next up is the December recap.

Last edited by TheJokester117; 01-13-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:42 PM   #8
Rookie

DECEMBER RECAP:
Boston goes 5-10 in the month of December to bring their record to 13-19. They are currently ranked 3rd in the Atlantic Division, 11th in the Eastern Conference, and 20th in the Power Rankings. Through 32 games, Boston is averaging 95.1 PPG but giving up 100.2 PPG.

Forsberg: It seems that Boston has settled with Boone being the number 1 option moving forward, with Sullinger and Smart the 2 and 3, respectively. Boone is currently the 3rd ranked rookie in the league, averaging 13.5 PPG, 4.0 RPG, and 4.0 APG. Being move to the number one option will most likely raise his PPG average, but we may see a dip in his APG. There’s no question Boone is a great talent, but the fans are wondering if he is able to shoulder the load. Coach Thibodeau informed me that Boone will be the number one option through January, and he will re-evaluate from there. On a final note, Boston already has 13 wins. Going 22-60 last year, it seems this team is destined for improvement this year.
  • December 1st – Boston 106, Sacramento 104
  • December 2nd – Boston 88, Denver 84
  • December 4th – Boston 108, Detroit 133
  • December 7th – Boston 87, Oklahoma City 108
  • December 8th – Boston 108, Detroit 118
  • December 11th – Boston 103, Chicago 114
  • December 13th – Boston 80, Philadelphia 93
  • December 14th – Boston 91, Orlando 82
  • December 16th – Boston 84, Brooklyn 98
  • December 18th – Boston 90, Cleveland 95
  • December 20th – Boston 94, Philadelphia 93
  • December 21st – Boston 90, Indiana 98
  • December 26th – Boston 129, Phoenix 110
  • December 27th – Boston 84, Oklahoma City 106
  • December 29th – Boston 89, Portland 98

Boston Celtics (12-17) at Phoenix Suns (12-18)
Dec 26, 20151234Final
Boston33283533129
Phoenix26322527110
Top Performers
Boston Celtics
Jared Sullinger - 26 PTS, 14 REB, 4 AST
Dion Waiters - 23 PTS, 4 REB, 3 AST
Phoenix Suns
Marcus Morris - 29 PTS, 4 REB, 0 AST
Markieff Morris - 2 PTS, 3 REB, 0 AST
Team Stats Comparison
BOSPHO
FG Made-Att45-8041-87
3PT Made-Att15-2115-32
FT Made-Att24-3013-19
Rebounds4638
Assists3027
Turnovers1010
Steals42
Blocks45
Boston Celtics
Marcus Smart325-71-11-22400212
Randolph Boone326-133-69-92610223
Shabazz Muhammad303-110-02-2251018
Jared Sullinger339-174-44-414411126
Jusuf Nurkic292-50-01-2900105
Isaiah Canaan142-41-20-0260005
Dion Waiters1910-102-21-34300223
James Young185-83-40-02100213
Kelly Olynyk243-51-27-85011014
Mike Muscala90-00-00-0310100
Caron Butler-- DID NOT PLAY --
Andrei Kirilenko-- DID NOT PLAY --
Nazr Mohammad-- DID NOT PLAY --
Phoenix Suns
Isaiah Thomas375-81-23-401101114
Eric Bledsoe314-101-32-251011311
Wilson Chandler287-125-80-05000019
Markieff Morris258-121-34-43000121
Alex Len243-70-00-0500226
Tyler Ennis110-20-00-0310000
P.J. Tucker181-60-31-2430003
Marcus Morris2511-196-101-34010229
T.J. Warren202-91-31-2410016
Miles Plumlee210-20-01-2310101
Zoran Dragic-- DID NOT PLAY --
Louie Davis-- DID NOT PLAY --
Senso D'Angelo-- DID NOT PLAY --

Forsberg: This month’s game of the month is the 19 point win over Phoenix, in Phoenix. The three biggest stats that stand out are the modest 10 turnovers and the excellent 71% 3PT percentage, shooting 15/21, and 30 assists! 10 turnovers is good for a young team, and anytime you shoot 71% on 3PT, it’s gonna be hard to lose. This was a great road win for a young Celtics squad. It really shows you the potential this young team has when the whole team has a good night. Boston got consistent play from all 10 players this time around. Not every game is going to be like this, and his could have been overshadowed by the 25 point loss to Detroit. However, it’s nice to point out the good games and give the team confidence and the fans hope. Now, it’s time for Around the League…

DECEMBER LEAGUE NEWS:
  • Lakers fire head coach Byron Scott, hire Aiden Anderson
  • Andrew Bogut (Golden State) aggravated his dislocated patella and is still out 4-6 months
  • Jarrett Jack (Brooklyn) cracked his neck vertebrae and is out 2-4 months
  • Jose Calderon (New York) broke his ankle and is out 6-8 weeks
  • Evan Fournier (Orlando) tore his MCL and is out 6-8 weeks
  • Al Horford (Atlanta) hyperextended his shoulder and is out 4-6 weeks
  • Nene re-signs with Washington for 1 year/$2.39m
  • Nicolas Batum re-signs with Portland for 3 years/$23.07m
  • David Lee re-signs with Golden State for 2 years/$11.49
  • Al Horford re-signs with Atlanta for 2 years/$29.94m
  • Joe Johnson re-signs with Brooklyn for 1 year/$5.44m
  • Kevin Durant re-signs with Oklahoma City for 3 years/$69.22m
  • Mike Conley re-signs with Memphis for 3 years/$45.20m

That's all for the month of December. Next up is the January recap.

Last edited by TheJokester117; 01-13-2015 at 10:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »