Home

Generic DB Editor "Item with the same key" error

This is a discussion on Generic DB Editor "Item with the same key" error within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-10-2015, 03:18 PM   #1
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Generic DB Editor "Item with the same key" error

Most everyone who has used the Generic EA DB Editor has run into the error:

"An item with the same key has been added"

The cause is a duplicate entry in the Database. Solution? Remove the duplicate entry. This can be very difficult to find, but recently I experienced this error and fixed it. For me, it was easy because I only made a few changes and tried to load the file again and ran into the error.

I was editing Arizona State, and changed their 3rd string FS (372) Jaymme Otomewo to Jordan Simone (Changed the Player ID name and the First and Last name. I saved it and loaded up the game. When I went to the depth chart, I saw Jaymme Otomewo still at FS, and he was there twice. I went back to the editor and saw the "Item with the same key error". So I loaded up a default template (these will still load, even with the same key error) and searched the player ID 372, and found both a Jordan Simone and Jaymme Otomewo under the same ID!

So I changed Jaymme Otomewo's Player ID to 0, and his Original POID to 0, as well as the team to 0 (since there is no way to delete an entry in the editor). Went to the depth chart and took any entry to POID 372 off (I just put in a backup as the starter). Saved my changes, loaded up the Roster template (could have used dynasty template also) and it loaded up!

I would assume that this error is caused because of a duplicate entry of a value that must be INDEPENDENT and UNIQUE. Something like Player ID, or Original Player ID. Obviously a value like Speed, or Facemask can and will be shared by many different items, but an item that cannot be "duplicate" (as the error indicates) will throw this error...

Hope this helps a little with all of you diagnosing the problem. There may be a way in Excel to search for duplicate POID and the other values that must be unique.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2015, 08:54 PM   #2
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

Re: Generic DB Editor "Item with the same key" error

An update.

I replicate the error by changing the name (in the Player ID/Name column) of a player, saved and exited. Loaded it back up and found the same error of item with the same key.

Once again, I loaded a default template (the one that you create by adding the file in) found the duplicate PGID, renamed the old one. See the 4 attached screenshots of workaround.

I'm not sure what caused his PGID to shift, because all I did was change the name in the POID in the roster template.

I don't know if the rename produces this everytime, but it did the two times I did today. (Not sure if I know how to make the pictures show in my post.

Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (35.8 KB, 1009 views)
File Type: png 2.png (33.5 KB, 999 views)
File Type: png 3.png (37.3 KB, 987 views)
File Type: png 4.png (35.2 KB, 986 views)
Old 01-18-2015, 12:39 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

I created a custom coach and get the same key error also. I have played around changing values and have given up. I post the pic below. My custom coach is Curt Zirlott. You can definitely see there are two entries kinda the same but its odd how some info is one but the other. Like on the top one, my age, 28, but the team is 1023, (I've come to assume 1023 is kinda like a null of sorts) and position is Bama Coach. But the 2nd one has no age, the team is Alabama but the position is blank. This is an untouched dynasty file straight from the console. I am using NCAA Dynasty Editor because EA DB Editor doesn't work. NCAA Dynasty Editor give the error too but it will at least let me view certain things. Any ideas?

Old 01-18-2015, 01:38 AM   #4
Just started!

I GOT IT!!! I combed through the config file and removed everything to do with coaches. My dynasty file loads with no problem now. There is just no coach tab anymore. Here is the link to the config.

dropbox.com/s/y7295up6eoicbcy/Xan%27s%20NCAA%2014%20Dynasty%20Config%20No%20Coac h%20Info.xml?dl=0
Old 02-05-2015, 03:26 AM   #5
Just started!

Does anyone have a config file for just recruiting in the dynasty i keep getting the same error while trying to create my own config file for recruiting by itself and can't make it work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 10:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Does anyone know how to solve the JIT debugger problem?

That is the configuration that was given
Old 02-14-2015, 10:20 PM   #7
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredBuck15
Does anyone know how to solve the JIT debugger problem?

That is the configuration that was given
The answer was given above. Within the Database file that is being edited, sometimes a duplicate key is formed, causing instability within the template. You have to manually locate the duplicate and remove it, as stated above.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:16 AM   #8
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5

I tried to load my USR-DATA.MC02 file and I got a message saying:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly 'NCalc. Version=1.3.8.0. Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I was tyring to see if there is a solution to this issue?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »