Home

Is MyPlayer even playable?

This is a discussion on Is MyPlayer even playable? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-09-2015, 04:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is MyPlayer even playable?

So I have started MyPlayer with an athletic SG and got drafted by the Nuggets. I'm in my second year with him and only tend to play the key games to help get through a season faster. At this point I have all shooting skills except for 3 pointers in the mid to high 80's. I also have two significant skills, the prime pack and finisher. Now I know the Nuggets aren't a very good team, in my game they are ranked 30th overall, but this game is so frustrating it's almost unplayable. I have an 88 in my mid-range shooting but can't hit a mid-range jumper to save my life even if there is no one within five feet of me. I also can't hit a layup either even though I have the finisher skill and my layup and shoot in traffic skills are in the upper 80's. I went to shootaround to see if I could try and time my jumper better and it seemed to me like as soon as my stamina went down a little bit, shots became almost impossible to hit unless of course you timed the release perfectly.

Also, my team is absolutely terrible. As long as there is a defender near them, they can't hit anything in the paint which is annoying when they get an offensive rebound or two and continue to throw the ball up and it never goes in. The opposing team however, never manages to miss when they get inside the lane and always seems to hit these ridiculous shots with sometimes multiple defenders in their face as the shot clock expires. My team constantly shoots around or under 40% while opposing teams sometimes shoot as high as 65% and it seems like there is nothing I can do to change these things.

So, my question is do you guys experience similar problems or am I just bad at this game? If so, is there any way to fix it or should I just give up on MyPlayer? Thanks for any help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is MyPlayer even playable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder09
So I have started MyPlayer with an athletic SG and got drafted by the Nuggets. I'm in my second year with him and only tend to play the key games to help get through a season faster. At this point I have all shooting skills except for 3 pointers in the mid to high 80's. I also have two significant skills, the prime pack and finisher. Now I know the Nuggets aren't a very good team, in my game they are ranked 30th overall, but this game is so frustrating it's almost unplayable. I have an 88 in my mid-range shooting but can't hit a mid-range jumper to save my life even if there is no one within five feet of me. I also can't hit a layup either even though I have the finisher skill and my layup and shoot in traffic skills are in the upper 80's. I went to shootaround to see if I could try and time my jumper better and it seemed to me like as soon as my stamina went down a little bit, shots became almost impossible to hit unless of course you timed the release perfectly.

Also, my team is absolutely terrible. As long as there is a defender near them, they can't hit anything in the paint which is annoying when they get an offensive rebound or two and continue to throw the ball up and it never goes in. The opposing team however, never manages to miss when they get inside the lane and always seems to hit these ridiculous shots with sometimes multiple defenders in their face as the shot clock expires. My team constantly shoots around or under 40% while opposing teams sometimes shoot as high as 65% and it seems like there is nothing I can do to change these things.

So, my question is do you guys experience similar problems or am I just bad at this game? If so, is there any way to fix it or should I just give up on MyPlayer? Thanks for any help!

MyPlayer is basically broken thanks to the devs not fixing the draft classes being F'ed up, with ballhandling, Off Awareness, being 25's for all players. Since this wasn't fixed I haven't even attempted to start a MyPlayer, and I actually had planned on playing that mode this yr. Its a shame a company can get away with making such a broken game, and not have to fix it.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Yea, that's what I figured. I don't know how they could screw MyPlayer up so bad. I played a game in Association mode and loved it. The game played so great and played how it should have, so I don't know how MyPlayer is so messed up. Oh well, I guess I will just go back to my 2K13 MyPlayer whenever I feel like playing it and stick to Association for this game.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #4
Rookie

The shot meter is broken. I use the Gatorade signature skill for crew and sometimes for MyCAREER and sometimes by the 3rd or 4th quarter every shot I take doesn't go in. I even miss wide open layups on a fast break. I have a maxed out scoring PG. Very frustrating.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:13 PM   #5
Rookie

Another example of how the shot meter is broken is because when I play 2K Heroes after the second half, mostly the 4th quarter, everyone I take a shot with is bad. They could be wide open too. And in 2K Heroes none of the players lose energy so it's clearly the shot meter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2015, 10:43 AM   #6
Rookie

Yea, I tested that out because I was thinking the same thing and it is entirely stamina based. I went into shootaround and was trying to get my timing better and noticed that at the start I was hitting almost everything, but once my stamina went down just a little ways, I couldn't make anything. Everything just clanked off the rim even from like 12-15 feet. My player had around an 88 mid-range rating and once his stamina was down just a little nothing went in and everything got a bad rating. I played a little more last night and he missed like 4 or 5 open layups, and on one of them there wasn't anyone within like 10 feet.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:25 AM   #7
Just started!

yes,They could be wide open too. And in 2K Heroes none of the players lose energy so it's clearly the shot meter.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:06 PM   #8
Rookie

I also noticed something else wrong with MyPlayer. It seems like for whatever reason, team chemistry tends to drop to 0% regardless of what happens. I'm in my third season with the Nuggets. Now we just signed some guys and let a couple go, but our team didn't change all that much. For whatever reason, team chemistry is at 0% even though we won our three of our first four games. I also just started a new MyPlayer with a C to see if being on a different team would make any difference since the Nuggets aren't all that great, and my C is on the Hornets and after like 3 games, team chemistry dropped to 8% even though we won 2 of the first 3. There haven't been any changes but team chemistry seems to drop regardless of game outcomes or any other factor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »