Home

Madden 25 or 15?

This is a discussion on Madden 25 or 15? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #1
Rookie

bbriders's Arena

OVR: 1
Madden 25 or 15?

First off I haven't bought a Madden game since Madden 09. Actually just recently played the Madden 25 demo and thought it was a big improvement (LOL). So was kinda thinking I would buy a newer one. Just wanted to gather some of the communities thoughts on the two versions and decide which one to go with.

I've tried searching and read as much as I could. Please correct me if I am wrong on something.

From what I understand Madden 25 had pre-determined draft classes and Madden 15 are completely random. Madden 15 is supposed to be improved pass coverage. Is that true from those of you that have played both?

I wanna know the differences, if there are any, of the two franchise mode capabilities? I never play on-line cause I don't have that kinda time but thought it would be fun to get a Madden that might be enjoyable to play. Madden 09 was rather maddening with the gameplay. As far as weird sudden arm tackles by linemen that were yards away and the crazy jump and spin catch. How is the gameplay of both? Is there anything gameplay wise that makes you wanna play something else? Obviously my stick skills aren't real good. I more enjoy the strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2015, 05:08 AM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 25 or 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbriders
First off I haven't bought a Madden game since Madden 09. Actually just recently played the Madden 25 demo and thought it was a big improvement (LOL). So was kinda thinking I would buy a newer one. Just wanted to gather some of the communities thoughts on the two versions and decide which one to go with.

I've tried searching and read as much as I could. Please correct me if I am wrong on something.

From what I understand Madden 25 had pre-determined draft classes and Madden 15 are completely random. Madden 15 is supposed to be improved pass coverage. Is that true from those of you that have played both?

I wanna know the differences, if there are any, of the two franchise mode capabilities? I never play on-line cause I don't have that kinda time but thought it would be fun to get a Madden that might be enjoyable to play. Madden 09 was rather maddening with the gameplay. As far as weird sudden arm tackles by linemen that were yards away and the crazy jump and spin catch. How is the gameplay of both? Is there anything gameplay wise that makes you wanna play something else? Obviously my stick skills aren't real good. I more enjoy the strategy.

I didn't have M25, but M15 DC are random. I quit buying Madden a few years back cause of how bad it got, but I have to say 15 is very good, and I have been happy, which hasn't happened with Madden since the PS2/old xbox days.
Majority of everyone I have talked to that had 25, feels 15 is better by quite a bit, so take that for what its worth.

I really have to tip my cap to EA this yr for what they did with M15. I basically had lost all respect for them because over the years how bad Madden had got, and the lies and scams they had said and done, NCAA basketball was the last straw for me having any respect for them, with how they handled that.

I got the itch after seeing reviews this yr, and seeing some vids, and decided I wanted a football game, figuring I would regret it, but I haven't and been very happy. PLus they have put out patches to fix issues, not perfect but improved upon. I think EA finally realized they had to start regaining trust, and do right by its customers finally and Id say they have with 15. They have moved up in my book with what they have did this yr, and now the NBA2k crew have taken the lying scum trophy of sports gaming companies from EA,lol. Hopefully EA continues to build on what they have with M15, and not try to reinvent the wheel like they have in the past on future games, cause gameplay wise Id say 15 is the best its ever been. I never thought a few years ago that I would ever have anything good to say about EA football again, but they managed to impress me this yr.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-11-2015, 07:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Can you edit player ratings in offline franchise mode in either 25 or 15? Thanks!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #4
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa98
Can you edit player ratings in offline franchise mode in either 25 or 15? Thanks!
You can only edit rosters before you start a franchise in both.'12 was unique in allowing that in franchise.That's one of the biggest reasons for that versions lasting appeal.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:03 AM   #5
Rookie

IMO these games become monotonous dealing with all this scouting/progression. It's like you can't have a full time job & play the game "realistically". Offline should have an OPTION to see scouts ratings & edit player ratings in franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

15 is alot harder for me cpu defense is tough. Ive never had a losing record finished 7-9 first season. Its also hard to keep team together cause team funds are low. Its definitely a challenge i havent had before but enjoying it
Old 01-14-2015, 04:15 AM   #7
Just started!

good, Offline should have an OPTION to see scouts ratings & edit player ratings in franchise mode.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:22 AM   #8
Rookie

I actually went from Madden 09 to Madden 15 as well. The difference is quite remarkable. I say go Madden 15 - it'll be supported for longer than Madden 25 will be, and the random draft classes are a lot of fun if you're into that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »