Home

Best 2K15 Offense for MyCareer, MyTeam, Online+Offline "Freelance POE Smart-Plays"

This is a discussion on Best 2K15 Offense for MyCareer, MyTeam, Online+Offline "Freelance POE Smart-Plays" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-08-2015, 09:09 AM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Best 2K15 Offense for MyCareer, MyTeam, Online+Offline "Freelance POE Smart-Plays"

- This saved MyCareer for me because my teammates don't play nearly as dumb anymore; it makes us play like a TEAM with plays that make SENSE.

- Good for online because it keeps my offense organized and solves the disadvantage of not being able to customize a playbook.

- And Offline it takes the cake, it just runs beautifully via the triangle and pace offense when matched with the PLAY THROUGH POE and a solid manual playbook.

Let me know if it worked for you and which POE's you guys tried it with:

Let's also thank Da_Czar for making this possible in the first place ^^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 11:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Best 2K15 Offense for MyCareer, MyTeam, Online+Offline "Freelance POE Smart-Plays

This is awesome.

I've been trying to figure out how to initiate more diverse action through the freelance offenses, and this is it. Thank you!

I only wish 2K had just TOLD us this. There are so many great tricks/subtleties in the game design that they don't even tell us about, and frankly they enhance the experience so much.

Hopefully we're building toward the ability to have truly dynamic, read/react offenses. NBA offenses have evolved lately to incorporate a lot more movement--think about how teams like Dallas or GSW use horizontal motion on the perimeter to confuse the defense and basically set up pick and rolls for guys who are moving full speed before they even possess the ball.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Best 2K15 Offense for MyCareer, MyTeam, Online+Offline "Freelance POE Smart-Plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
- This saved MyCareer for me because my teammates don't play nearly as dumb anymore; it makes us play like a TEAM with plays that make SENSE.

- Good for online because it keeps my offense organized and solves the disadvantage of not being able to customize a playbook.

- And Offline it takes the cake, it just runs beautifully via the triangle and pace offense when matched with the PLAY THROUGH POE and a solid manual playbook.

Let me know if it worked for you and which POE's you guys tried it with:

Let's also thank Da_Czar for making this possible in the first place ^^
My question would be how to make this effective in my career if ur not a point guard. Only point guards can change offensive sets and call plays. If u figure out how to make this work for all positions count me in. I currently play with a shooting guard.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #4
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

I kind of realised about this after I started my 2nd season in MyCareer and my Lakers were playing like trash, as well a the Orlando Magic did the previous year. I started to use the 2k smart play a lot more, along with certain manual plays that I saw that were effective. For instance, there's a certain play (3-1 or sth like that) where Kobe gets an iso in the post and does what he does best. After a few times using this, the offence flows better and it definitely improves team efficiency.

However, people who is not a PG can't use this unless they have On-Court coach, which they will only have after at least the first season saving VC (or if they spend money on VC) to max out shooting and handling. That's one of the reasons why people tend to play only PG, because they always have control of the plays from day 1. When being SG to C, you depend of what your team mates give you or what coach wants (using auto plays), which isn't usually the best. I hope 2k can improve this for 2k16.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
My question would be how to make this effective in my career if ur not a point guard. Only point guards can change offensive sets and call plays. If u figure out how to make this work for all positions count me in. I currently play with a shooting guard.
On Court Coach is your savior. 18 in outside shooting and playmaking.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 07:40 PM   #6
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT34
This is awesome.

I've been trying to figure out how to initiate more diverse action through the freelance offenses, and this is it. Thank you!

I only wish 2K had just TOLD us this. There are so many great tricks/subtleties in the game design that they don't even tell us about, and frankly they enhance the experience so much.

Hopefully we're building toward the ability to have truly dynamic, read/react offenses. NBA offenses have evolved lately to incorporate a lot more movement--think about how teams like Dallas or GSW use horizontal motion on the perimeter to confuse the defense and basically set up pick and rolls for guys who are moving full speed before they even possess the ball.
I agree with you on 2K not elaborating on their features; I mean there's great stuff there to be utilized so why won't they just tell us ? Lol is kinda weird.. Why would they avoid doing this ? I mean it took me like 60 games to figure this out on my own
Old 01-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near5253
On Court Coach is your savior. 18 in outside shooting and playmaking.
So I'm assuming On Court Coach actually works this year? Because last year it did nothing which made me quit playing the mode since it cost 10k VC.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:36 PM   #8
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackzagal
I kind of realised about this after I started my 2nd season in MyCareer and my Lakers were playing like trash, as well a the Orlando Magic did the previous year. I started to use the 2k smart play a lot more, along with certain manual plays that I saw that were effective. For instance, there's a certain play (3-1 or sth like that) where Kobe gets an iso in the post and does what he does best. After a few times using this, the offence flows better and it definitely improves team efficiency. .
Yes, smart plays smash with the right manual plays is insane. I suggest start with smart play and use a quick manual play as your bail out

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »