Home

The Show 14 is near unplayable.

This is a discussion on The Show 14 is near unplayable. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

bmxnw's Arena

OVR: 2
The Show 14 is near unplayable.

I'm playing a franchise as Philadelphia. I have had to set base running to auto because when on assist, my players RETREAT on ground ball force plays. Unfathomable. Last night, I hit a triple with Jimmy Rollins who barely beat the throw to third and yet just kept on running, making an EASY out at home. So, baserunning is ****ed on auto AND assist. Not to mention that my players get picked off routinely, regardless of their base running abilities, even on auto.

Fielding... Well there is the fact that on ANY ball in a gap, the CF is never selected first. Still, the 3-6-3 is near impossible due to faulty programming. Also, the errors! I have both fielding and throwing error sliders turned almost all the way down, yet in every game played there are several unforced errors on both teams, most notably, pickoff throws by me. No matter what pickoff move I use my pitcher will throw then ball into the stands at least once a game. On top of that, I don't even use the deceptive move because it is an auto pickoff if you don't throw the ball into the stands. Throw canceling... I figured I would turn it on to help with those throws to second when a CPU runner steals and the batter puts the ball in play. Except that throw canceling is broken. How so? Today, after turning throw canceling on, I had a ball hit to my 3b. Fielded clean, I pressed the circle button hard ONE TIME to make a hard throw only to feel my controller vibrate repeatedly as if I was tapping the button repeatedly. On screen, my 3b is spazzing out faking throws to first. Through all this, my finger never left the circle button. Very next play was a bunt in front of home. Again, fielded clean by the C. Go to throw to first only to experience the same thing. A single hard press and the game thinks I am turbo tapping the button. It's not me, or my controller, I checked.

Offense... Grounders to second, anyone? I use true analog with dynamic difficulty at allstar+. It literally doesn't matter where the pitch is, or how good my stride and swing are, I roll at least 15 grounders to to second every game. If I was swinging only at low balls, this would make sense, but I try to work the count and routinely get in hitters counts only to get a ball over the middle that somehow I ground to second. My favorite are hanging breaking balls and off speed pitches. The CPU can (and does) just throw the ball down the middle with these pitches, and I **** you not, I can put a perfect swing on a hanging slider only to roll it to second. At first, I thought this was just me swinging at garbage. No. I have full pitch call out and swing info displayed. These balls are literally middle middle, my stride is good to perfect, and my swing is usually just early, normal, or just late. I have even seen my PCI centered just below the ball only to see the ball roll to second. On the other 12 outs, most are grounders. Balls hit in the air, or out of the infield are rarities. I try to set my batters to hit the ball in the air. Contact, normal, and power swings, same results. Grounders to second.

What gives? Did scea let 2k make this years game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: The Show 14 is near unplayable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxnw
I'm playing a franchise as Philadelphia. I have had to set base running to auto because when on assist, my players RETREAT on ground ball force plays. Unfathomable. Last night, I hit a triple with Jimmy Rollins who barely beat the throw to third and yet just kept on running, making an EASY out at home. So, baserunning is ****ed on auto AND assist. Not to mention that my players get picked off routinely, regardless of their base running abilities, even on auto.

Fielding... Well there is the fact that on ANY ball in a gap, the CF is never selected first. Still, the 3-6-3 is near impossible due to faulty programming. Also, the errors! I have both fielding and throwing error sliders turned almost all the way down, yet in every game played there are several unforced errors on both teams, most notably, pickoff throws by me. No matter what pickoff move I use my pitcher will throw then ball into the stands at least once a game. On top of that, I don't even use the deceptive move because it is an auto pickoff if you don't throw the ball into the stands. Throw canceling... I figured I would turn it on to help with those throws to second when a CPU runner steals and the batter puts the ball in play. Except that throw canceling is broken. How so? Today, after turning throw canceling on, I had a ball hit to my 3b. Fielded clean, I pressed the circle button hard ONE TIME to make a hard throw only to feel my controller vibrate repeatedly as if I was tapping the button repeatedly. On screen, my 3b is spazzing out faking throws to first. Through all this, my finger never left the circle button. Very next play was a bunt in front of home. Again, fielded clean by the C. Go to throw to first only to experience the same thing. A single hard press and the game thinks I am turbo tapping the button. It's not me, or my controller, I checked.

Offense... Grounders to second, anyone? I use true analog with dynamic difficulty at allstar+. It literally doesn't matter where the pitch is, or how good my stride and swing are, I roll at least 15 grounders to to second every game. If I was swinging only at low balls, this would make sense, but I try to work the count and routinely get in hitters counts only to get a ball over the middle that somehow I ground to second. My favorite are hanging breaking balls and off speed pitches. The CPU can (and does) just throw the ball down the middle with these pitches, and I **** you not, I can put a perfect swing on a hanging slider only to roll it to second. At first, I thought this was just me swinging at garbage. No. I have full pitch call out and swing info displayed. These balls are literally middle middle, my stride is good to perfect, and my swing is usually just early, normal, or just late. I have even seen my PCI centered just below the ball only to see the ball roll to second. On the other 12 outs, most are grounders. Balls hit in the air, or out of the infield are rarities. I try to set my batters to hit the ball in the air. Contact, normal, and power swings, same results. Grounders to second.

What gives? Did scea let 2k make this years game?
Not sure why you specify MLB 14, as all of those things were the same in all other versions
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-14-2015, 10:02 AM   #3
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Guess I got a different version, though certainly not perfect, it plays a great game of ball for me.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:17 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

well,though certainly not perfect, it plays a great game of ball for me.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:35 PM   #5
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

The only time it's been unplayable for me was when my power was out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2015, 11:57 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
The only time it's been unplayable for me was when my power was out.

LOL, same hear. MLBTS replicates its sport better than any other video game out. Its not perfect but it sure does play a pretty darn good game of baseball, and the things that have hampered it a little aren't new, like having to may wild pickoffs to 1st base, and the baserunning not being very good. Main reason why I use auto baserunning is because of how bad it has been in MLBTS over the years, along with the fact that with all the meds Im on because of health just makes it easier if I put it and fielding on auto, except I do make the throws on auto fielding.

I wish the Madden and NBA2k dves were half as good as the MLBTS devs are, then those game would be much better than they are. Although when M15 isn't freezing your console up it is fun to play, and NBA2k15 does play a good game but the makers of that game have a major issue with telling the truth.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-26-2015, 10:08 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

When it's unplayable for me, it's usually because the game freezes when I'm loading it or during the game, sometimes the pitcher or hitter freezes, of course when that happens, I have no choice but to shut down my PS3.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:59 AM   #8
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Wherever did the OP go?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »