Home

Tims Complete Fiction Roster, for the PS4

This is a discussion on Tims Complete Fiction Roster, for the PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-04-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Tims Complete Fiction Roster, for the PS4

Okay, the roster is titled:

Tims Final Fiction 6-13-2015

Draft Classes are

TimFictionYear1

and

TimFictionYear2

Tims Complete Fiction Roster

I have completed what took over a 3 months to finish. The roster is titled “Tims Final Fiction 6-13-2015”. Every real nba player has been removed and been replaced by created players. Every real player is now 55, and has ratings of 45, they are no longer in the league. I have completed a fictional league, made up of all fictional players that have been randomly placed throughout each team. Keep in mind that due to 2K’s roster restrictions, I had to use the Euro Players as well to fill out the rosters. However, they have all been renamed, and repacked as completely different players. They have new shoots, new attributes, and are not recognizable with the former rosters. They are now a work of fiction.

Now onto what went into this roster. First off, every player has unique skill sets, signatures, looks, contracts (good and bad), personality traits and every team has been formed via a lottery system that I created to ensure that teams are not stacked unfairly. There was no bias when creating teams, they happened the way they happened but, some teams are more powerful than others, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Remember that this is a work of fiction so, before you comment and break my balls about it not being the way the NBA is right now; know that they are not intended to follow what is happening in the league. I have worked very hard of these and they do play a realistic version of basketball, they are not overpowered or "unrealistic." However, they are not made to "copy" the league as it is today. Feel free to work with and tinker with the roster if you would like to.

Also, some teams are uneven or less talented than others. That was done totally on purpose and for Association trade reasoning. Just think about it, not every team in the NBA is perfectly organized with the correct amount of Guards, Forwards, and Centers. Some teams may have 5 point guards, or only 1 Center and 5 PF’s. That is on purpose and everyone’s roles, play calling, playbooks are set to fit each team and what they have to work with.

I have made a few "rules" to follow with the roster, you do not have to abide by them, it may help you though with understanding and playing them.

NBA Rules:

1. You MUST use My League and you MUST control ALL teams. The reason for this is it’s the only way that teams will not start signing real players. I have changed every real players age to 59 years old, so they should all retire after the first season. (This no longer applies, you can use both My League and My Association. Both will work fine now.)
2. Try to make realistic trades based on the actual players that are created. These are fictional players and they are not patterned after any real life players.
3. I will say this again; these teams have their own identity that is totally separate from the NBA. The Spurs are not the real life Spurs, same for the Lakers, Bulls, etc. Some teams are rebuilding, some are balanced, and some are slow grind it out teams that are defense oriented. Keep that in mind and shape your team the way you want them to be.
4. It took me over 3 months to do this, maybe mostly for my own use but I like the idea of having a fictional league. I have a blast doing this with MLB 2015 and I thought it would be a nice change of pace from the real league. Honestly, I am sick of reading “this players shot is all wrong,” and “this players stats are not correct.” Well, that can’t happen with this roster because the players are all made up. So, tiner with them if you must, but give them an honest try. The gameplay is awesome with this roster.
5. Have Fun, download if you like. I hope that whoever does enjoy. This is my one and only roster and I wanted to complete it before I moved to South Korea in a week from now. (I am in Korea and guess what, they have internet and my PS4 works great, so I have updated on a regular basis.)

Ways to make your 2k Fictional Roster experience awesome.

1. Play the divisional games: It is key to develop rivalries throughout your experience with this roster, and one way to do so is to play the divisional games that you have and I mean every game. For example, I play as the Charlotte Hornets and we are in the Southeast division. That consist of Atlanta, Washington, Miami, and Orlando. I play every game against these teams and have developed some interesting rivalries because of that. Right now, my nemesis is Orlando because of their defensive front line and veteran point guard that keeps getting the better of my rookie point guard. We go back and forth and every game has been a nail bitter.
2. If you have a favorite player, create rivals that the player will have during games: For example, Kris McGuire my PF is undersized at 6'7 but, he is a very good defensive player on both the perimeter and post, he also can score as he averages19.2 points right now. When I play games, I like to see how he stacks up with the other PF's and I even have a few rivals that he battles and it makes the experience a lot more enjoyable. Think of it as a rivals system like WWE 2k. My PF has a few rivals, but his biggest is Tommy Woolridge of the Bulls. I try to play extra hard when we play Chicago and run the offense directly through McGuire just to see what happens,and they usually go back and forth and there is the occasional hard foul.
3. Do the scouting reports, and coaching strategy for each team: It is good to have everything already planned out pre-game and suffer through the menu's during play.
4. Play with commentary off and 2K camera on Ht 10 Distance 3: I don't like the commentary anymore, they say the same things over and over. It gets redundant and personally, I like the on the court feel of the game, I let the PA talk when someone scores,o otherwise it's the sounds of the stadium for me. Also, I go over strategy and match-ups during the loading screen, no need for Shaq and Ernie. The 2K cam has proven to be the best approach for seeing the entire court and running a productive offense.
5. Don't be tempted to trade players too soon: Unless you are determined to tank for a #1 pick, let your players develop or at least give them some time to see if they actually will develop into something special. You may be surprised who is the best player on your team 4 years down the line.
6. Play all star weekend: Play as the best of the best and see why they were selected to the all-star, dunk contest, 3 point contest. That way, if you try to make a blockbuster trade, you know what your getting and can make a better decision. Plus, the entertainment value of seeing how good some of these players really are.
7. Manage their complaints and encourage conflict between players and management: It is at least entertaining to see the players fight and bicker over playing time and training. That way you see who on your team is a leader and good teammate and you see who may be a locker room cancer and needs to get traded.
8. Turn off GM perks: They make things too easy for you, and take away the difficulty of running a team. I prefer a challenge to being the GM, otherwise anyone could run a team.

PS,
I simulated a season doing a 30 team association where I controlled all teams and this is how it turned out.

MVP: Portland Trailblazers PG, Homer Cook 17.4 pts, 9.2 rebs, 8.6 assist, 1.5 stls, 1.1 blks

Rookie of the Year: Washington Wizards PG, Stan Ewing 19.7 pts, 5.3 rbs, 4.4 ast, 1.4 stls

6th Man: Philadelphia 76ers SG, Kevin Gibbs 17.4 Pts, 5.7 rbs, 1.2 stls

Defensive Player of the Year: Phoenix Suns SF/PF Wade Delgado 2.2 stls, 2.0 blks

NBA 1st Team: NBA 2nd Team
G Homer Cook, Trailblazers G Leo Wilkins, 76ers
G Stanley Cartwright, Pacers G Len May, Knicks
F Shawn Bellamy, Kings F Dana Kasparov, T-Wolves
F Alan Aguilar, Thunder F Brevin Rush, Hornets
C Frankie Lowe, Cavs C Jaime Maxwell, Raptors

Scoring Leaders: Rebs:
1. Frankie Lowe C, Cavs 28.8 1. Alan Aguilar PF, Thunder 11.1
2. Stanley Cartwright G, Pacers 27.1 2.Victor Tomasevic C, Mavs 10.8
3. Shawn Bellamy F, Kings 27.0 3. Everett Edwin PF, Nuggets 10.6
4. Dana Kasparov PF, T-Wolves 24.9 Assist:
5. Brevin Rush PF, Hornets 24.4 1. Ronnie Pittman PG, Kings 10.3
6. Lowell Lowe SF, Knicks 23.4 2. Homer Cook PG, Blazers 8.6
7. Tommy Woolridge PF, Bulls 23.1 3. Elliot Washburn PG, Spurs 8.5

Top Teams:

East: West:
1. Knicks 55-27 1. Blazers 60-22
2. Cavs 53.29 2. Thunder 57-25
3. Hawks 52-30 3. Lakers 50-32
4. 76ers 51-31 4. Clippers 49-33
5. Pacers 46-36 5. Spurs 48-37
6. Nets 45-37 6. Grizzlies 44-38
7. Bulls 42-40 7. Kings 43-39
8. Bucks 42-40 8. Warriors 37-45

Last edited by leoalure; 07-22-2015 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 09:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Tims Complete Fiction Roster, for the PS4

Glad you found a way to make it work. Awesome job!
Old 01-04-2015, 11:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Great work man. Can't wait to download tonight and start myleague.
Thank you for your hard work.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #4
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

great work, been waiting for someone to make one of these

& 9.2 boards for a PG? triple double machine right there. how tall is he anyway?

also, would someone mind posting the highest and lowest team FG%'s of the league? (example: 47% highest, 41% lowest)

Last edited by BluFu; 01-04-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:17 PM   #5
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3

This is truly AWESOME. I really like the idea of this roster. Good work man

PSN: TheDom45
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 11:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
great work, been waiting for someone to make one of these

& 9.2 boards for a PG? triple double machine right there. how tall is he anyway?

also, would someone mind posting the highest and lowest team FG%'s of the league? (example: 47% highest, 41% lowest)

He's 6'6, and about the fg%, again, this was not made to mirror the league.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:04 AM   #7
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoalure
He's 6'6, and about the fg%, again, this was not made to mirror the league.
it's an issue i was having in my fictional myleague so i was wondering if you had a fix. it helps get higher rebounding numbers across the board but its not a problem. thanks for the roster
Old 01-05-2015, 02:09 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
it's an issue i was having in my fictional myleague so i was wondering if you had a fix. it helps get higher rebounding numbers across the board but its not a problem. thanks for the roster
I understand but,I didn't create a roster to replicate every single statistic in the nba. I created a roster to just focus on basketball and to enjoy the game. So far I am having a blast and like to see what happens throughout the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »