Home

What gives 2K? Servers...

This is a discussion on What gives 2K? Servers... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-03-2015, 06:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
What gives 2K? Servers...

Why is this such an issue? And why does it keep coming up...?

The servers have NEVER been "Good" for 2K15 and as I type this they are basically UNPLAYABLE. You can barely sub your players...thats how much LAG there is.

This is getting old.

Even when the servers are "Good" like they were yesterday night...they are still just AVERAGE, at best.

As opposed to right now when you can't even control your players...or pass the ball....or make a jumper.

Sorry, but this is not acceptable. Not with the millions this game brings in from retail sales...and all the VC sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: What gives 2K? Servers...

AGREE 100%, it seems anyone who likes this game plays offline.

Online Ranked is straight up busted. 2k11,12,13 were very smooth, not as smooth as offline of course but very playable.

I wish i didn't buy a dload copy of 2k15 so i could move it on.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

What? Maybe your connection is bad? Not able to sub out players because of lag? Not able to shoot, pass? Sry, but I cannot confirm this. Yes, there is a bigger input delay online, but it is still playable very well.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #4
Rookie

I haven't played Park/Rec Center in a few days but that was very laggy too until you actually got in a game.

I know there has to be some issue with it though because at least for me on XB1, if you click purchase VC, it takes forever for the amounts to come up or says "purchasing VC is not available at this time, please try again later." Pretty sure that's not just my internet since it works fine otherwise.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:04 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
What? Maybe your connection is bad? Not able to sub out players because of lag? Not able to shoot, pass? Sry, but I cannot confirm this. Yes, there is a bigger input delay online, but it is still playable very well.
I am on PS4. There is always lag, but I deal with it.

Yesterday evening the lag was bad...but you could play. It was more lag than usual though.

Today...? Good luck.

Just getting an opponent takes forever...trying to set your POE or lineup pre-game is difficult - the lag is so bad its difficult to move the cursor with the D-pad.

Games are a mess....and then some.

Perhaps it is my connection. But I have restarted my PS4 several times and restarted my modem and router twice. My PS4 is a wired connection.

None of my other games experience any lag when playing online. I have no problems getting to the PS Store...or any other types of connection issues. My internet speed on my computer and tablets is just like it always is.

So...I am assuming it is on 2K's side. I just don't see how it could be my connection.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #6
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Are the 2k servers down? I played like 3-5 rec games today. As soon as I tried to hop on the squad got next it just froze me and the time just went down. Then a squad hopped on it even though my time was still going down. I closed application since I couldn't move for a good 2 minutes. Tried to get back on and it said network connection was lost even though I'm connected to the internet.

They need to fix their servers because I'm tired of lagging out, and getting stuck for a few minutes for no reason.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #7
Rookie

In 2015 this shouldn't be an issue. I had lag free online games a decade ago.

That said this is one big circle jerk and another thread to complain about it isn't going to help. 2k knows it's an issue already. Whether they fix or not is up to them.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:59 PM   #8
Banned

I don't know how they are today...although the MyTeam AH was slow to load a few times and I played two games where I didn't receive my MT points afterwards.

When I posted this the servers were WAY worse than they had been since launch - you couldn't even control your guy or take a shot.

Since the week started, they have been back to normal...although I haven't played a game today yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »