Home

Dunking In The Post?

This is a discussion on Dunking In The Post? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-29-2014, 11:02 PM   #1
Rookie

chadex's Arena

OVR: 1
Dunking In The Post?

So I've been playing with teams that have power 4s and 5s, most recently the Kings with Demarcus Cousins and I was able to develop his strength and standing dunk a bit more. However, I'm struggling a bit with dunking in the post like I've seen in gameplay videos or similar to a Shaq highlight video.

I engage + back down defenders in the post but can never seem to get the jump on them to dunk the ball no matter who I'm playing as - it's always a baseline drive hook shoot or a straight back down hook shot, once in a while I'll get a dunk but that mainly comes off of passes where the defender over commits and I get a free lane.

Does anyone have any strategies for pulling off dunks with big men in the post?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Dunking In The Post?

The last two years, I have no idea what's happened to dunking. I cannot ever get players to dunk unless they're already moving. Big men simply REFUSE to dunk when they're under the hoop. And certainly never while in the post. I do not understand it.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

In order to lower PIP & keep FG%'s close to real life. The sliders have been adjusted to keep standing dunks from happening frequently. So even if you make good moves in the post, don't expect to shoot over 60% in the low block. Only time I dunk is in the high post & having a little momentum built, the low post is always a no go.

If you adjust sliders it could happen.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:58 PM   #4
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Good job 2K........
Old 12-30-2014, 01:24 AM   #5
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

I could use post spin to lose my defender for a dunk pre-patch. After the patch 90% of my spin attempts result in a turnover, defender just swipes the ball whenever he is beat and almost always gets hand on the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 03:46 AM   #6
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Raise the dunk sliders. Ive got the attempt dunk and dunk in traffic to 85 and see a really nice mix.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:54 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Raise the dunk sliders. Ive got the attempt dunk and dunk in traffic to 85 and see a really nice mix.

WOW that high? I have been playing with attempt at 65 and I had dunk in traffic at 60 and felt like I was seeing to many dunks over all so I went back down to 55 on the traffic. Even though I think the amount of dunks over all is pretty good with those at 60 and 55 I do agree about dunking in the post. I ever really though about dunks in the post but now that I think about it I don't know if I have seen a single dunk form the post in this game this year.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:55 AM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

You see...I don't understand our community sometimes. Some of you guys think dunking in the post is something that's not suppose to happen in basketball. But that's totally bs. He hate some of your SIM standards you guys live by thinking is the only it should be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »