Home

Starting a new Bills CFM, QB suggestions?

This is a discussion on Starting a new Bills CFM, QB suggestions? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-29-2014, 09:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Starting a new Bills CFM, QB suggestions?

So, as the title reads, Im starting a new CFM with my Buffalo Bills. After a disappointing(kinda) season, Im looking to try playing the 2014 season as if I was in charge. What Im wondering is what you guys think I should do at QB?! Im most certainly good on Orton. Kinda looking for a mobile qb to run the option style of offence. Should I keep EJ Manuel and play out the season? Ive tried trading for Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, and Bortles. None of them can be traded for with what I'm willing/have available to offer. Let me know if you guys have any diamonds in the rough!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Starting a new Bills CFM, QB suggestions?

Jeff Tuel.

EJ isn't a bad option in Madden either.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:44 AM   #3
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

I traded for Ryan Mallett but, honestly, I've done better with EJ. He led me to the Super Bowl after Mallett got hurt. He's also played well so far in season two (143 QB rating through 2 games). It might just be me but Ej is a pretty good option, especially if you can bump his accuracy and awareness a little.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 12-30-2014, 02:50 AM   #4
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3

its really easy to develop qb's this year. ej has pretty decent physical stats so he's a good option
Old 12-30-2014, 09:25 PM   #5
Rookie

king8838's Arena

OVR: 2

I used this youtube link -----> http://youtu.be/JfnomfDtfdQ to create a semi-realistic Tim Tebow and I use him in my Browns CFM and it has been perfect, definitely enjoying the results.
Psalm 118:17 "I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the LORD has done."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Here's a bit of a left-fielder, but install Chip Kelly's offense.

Spiller, if used in the read option packages and in the swing pass series' would be absolutely lethal, and he would also fit into the handful of great vertical routes from the HB position that reside in many of the shotgun packages.

In Madden, Kelly's offense also works very well with power backs with a minimum level of agility--the inside zone plays that are in every formation would fit a back like Jackson ideally.

With those two backs, you almost don't need a star QB right away, just someone who can make the short throws relatively well and who has 75 speed or above to get a few yards once or twice a game on a keep in the read/triple option series.

I would suggest giving Tahj Boyd a look. His throwing numbers are perfect for that offense, he has just enough speed to run from time to time, and you can dump XP into him for the first couple of years to really make him shine. Doing that would allow you to spend money in other places.

Watkins would flourish in the slot in the package that has the slot sweep (it's blocked very well in the Kelly playbook, esp. if you sub your FB in at the HB spot to lead and seal the OLB or DE), and in the packages that have the slot wheel in combination with a split end hitch or screen.

You could also get either Spiller or Watkins out wide in the empty set for the WR screen; there's a HB1 and HB2 sub package there, I believe.

I think they have the talent as-is to run a more run-oriented version of that offense, but over just a short period of time you could really expand into a full version of the offense that's more balanced or pass heavy.

You do need one good receiving TE to run that offense to its full potential, but that's easy enough to find if you don't already have a guy you love on the roster.

I'm running this setup with MIA and love the version of it I got with Miller and Thomas in the backfield and Wallace and Clay as my movable pieces around the various formations.

It takes a little while to get used to all 20 shotgun formations, but I have never had as much fun running an offense in Madden as I'm having now with the Kelly offense. It's not cheesy either in my experience (I play sim and offline only). With bad talent I have to work at it and with good talent I can dominate.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #7
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Terrell Pryor
Old 12-31-2014, 06:59 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
Terrell Pryor
The problem with Pryor as opposed to someone like Boyd is that his MAC and DAC numbers are lackluster.

You could definitely dump XP into him and develop him to utilize his ungodly speed in the option game, but truthfully, I don't think you're gonna keep the ball enough times in the option game to really break the game open from the QB position. Especially on All Madden, the CPU plays the read and triple option pretty well. When you keep it with the QB on a proper read, you're still getting pursued within yards of the LOS, based on alignment.

So I'd say Boyd is a better fit if you're looking for something off the scrap heap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »