Home

1990-91 NBA Roster Set: "Beta Testers" Needed

This is a discussion on 1990-91 NBA Roster Set: "Beta Testers" Needed within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
1990-91 NBA Roster Set: "Beta Testers" Needed

Hi, everyone -

As some of you may know, I've been working for a few months now on a full roster set for the NBA 1990-91 season; my ultimate goal is to create a roster that's usable in MyGM/Franchise (so with accurate-ish contracts, potential, etc) to reproduce that season.

At the moment I am about 75% through completion of this roster. There are a solid 15 teams, however, that are (in my view) more or less complete.

I am looking for a small (3-4 people) group of players who would be willing to spend a little while playing with and against these 15 teams to try to see how they perform. You wouldn't want to or be able to use these rosters in GM mode, since I've not touched the free agent pool and the teams that aren't finished are kind of a mess. What I'm looking for is for things like:

- "Hey, I'm his biggest fan and Player X had a much better spin move than you gave him"
- "Player Y's free throw looked more like FT22 than FT24"
- "Player Z won't ever dunk when I play against him"

Anyone interested? If you are, shoot me a PM. I'll send you the details and then we can discuss your results in this thread.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 1990-91 NBA Roster Set: "Beta Testers" Needed

Bump for this great project.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:40 PM   #3
Rookie

dabeavs541's Arena

OVR: 5

Will post some feedback on Sunday or Monday.
Ohhhhh Sssss Uuuuu Oregon State Fight Fight Fight!
Old 01-03-2015, 09:14 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

i would like to try it please send me a pm
Old 01-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Since this hasn't been updated in a while I took it upon myself to work on the 1990-91 roster. They're more or less accurate and I would love if you tried it out and told me how it's going. For the three teams that didnt exist at the time (Grizzlies, Pelicans, Raptors), I replaced them with players from overseas teams, that was the only solution I could think of. None of the teams are particularly good, however the Raptors did make the playoffs in the test run as an 8 seed with a 41-41 record. The league leaders, all-stars, and award winners were very accurate as to what it was in real life along with the playoff seedings and playoff trees.

Currently I am working on draft classes and I would love help from anyone and everyone as this can be very time consuming to do alone! Please comment below on draft classes you would be glad to work on. Anything from 1991 to 2014 would be appreciated. Any input would be appreciated, playing with the teams to see if they're realistic or not.

(Besides the draft classes, I need to finish weeding out the free agents in the draft class. There are still some lower-rated modern players in the free agency pool that i need to edit down to the point they wont be picked up in free agency.)

PS4 Gamertag: lorddark_1

Currently I don't have the roster shared because I've been working on it but I will tonight around 8 share it. Message me on PS4 or DM me anything, I would love to get this playable by the end of the month, mid-february.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2015, 02:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Sorry to double post, but I'm currently working on the 1991 draft class, so anything BEYOND that is free game to be worked on. Thank you.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:39 AM   #7
Rookie

dabeavs541's Arena

OVR: 5

Finally got a chance to play these rosters for awhile. Been super busy and never got the chance to try all the finished teams. So far I think it is done very well. I played a matchup between the Knicks and Blazers that was super fun. Was busting Gerald Wilkins with my boy Petrovic. The blazers play exactly how I thought they would but the kind of were already the same as the original legends team. Also I would lightened up Kenny Walker cause that dude was like Starks skin color. Played as the hawks and immediately noticed that Spud Webb was starting at Shooting Guard. I would switch that to PG and switch Doc Rivers to shooting guard but make sure his play initiator is turned on so he will be the primary ball handler. This is pretty much how that Hawks team operated that year considering that Webb started a lot that year. Chicago and Boston played as expected. I wanted to play with Seattle but I forgot that they weren't finished on your roster. The Pacers were interesting to play against. Reggie Miller was lights out but he seemed like the only one getting touches. I liked playing with the Cavs even though I couldn't get Daughthy to hit anything. I'm gonna play with Golden State next and play against the Nets. We'll see how that goes.
Ohhhhh Sssss Uuuuu Oregon State Fight Fight Fight!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #8
Rookie

Great feedback, thanks. I'll incorporate your suggestions later today. I have still been pushing forward on this, but it takes for-freaking-ever.

However: jaboodles, did you start yours from scratch? And you finished already? Wow, you are a lot faster than I am. If yours is already done then there's not much point in me pushing forward to finish mine; I could do a different project (I have a bunch of ideas for roster sets in my mind, most of which could use a lot of the work I've already done).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »