Home

shot releases aka perfect releases are tied to game speed.

This is a discussion on shot releases aka perfect releases are tied to game speed. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

This post is strictly on hof sim settings.

There are in fact no broken shots on 2k15.

BUT some players are unable to hit a perfect release on the default (50) game speed.

I did a test with the hawks.

On default (50) game speed only thabo and bazemore can get perfect releases.

On 49 speed. Scott, korver, mack, bazemore, thabo and schroeder can get perfect. But milsap, carroll, antic and horford can not get perfect at that speed.

At 51speed. Carroll, milsap, antic, and bazemore can get perfect. But the other players can not.

At 52 speed horford can finally get a perfect release.

I dont know what any of this means but it explains the dreaded shot glitch that seems to never have existed technically, but at default speed releases are affected.

Os member stillfellme was the person that figured this out. All credit goes to him.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 12-22-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Aren't there three shot release speeds? Maybe the shooters that work at each game speed are in the same group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: shot releases aka perfect releases are tied to game speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
Aren't there three shot release speeds? Maybe the shooters that work at each game speed are in the same group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I don't know what you mean by group

Milsap has Jump shot 34 Release Timing Normal
Korver has Jump shot 17 Release timing normal
Hordford set shot 2 release timing Normal
Carroll has jump shot 21 release timing normal

Yes I bet there are certain shot bases that work on certain shot base and release timing and 50 speed.

I was able to fix Milsap by changing his release timing to late and then I can get green perfects. It is just strange man. It comes down to this there are a long list of guys on game speed 50 who can not achieve a perfect release. It is almost half of the players in the game if that original total list is correct. The problem has snowballed wow. I think I definitely will end up trying to change it on my own. This will be a long term change.

Last edited by stillfeelme; 12-21-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have to say "good job fellas on unlocking this mystery" and too 2K " you guys are pathetic, no BS on this one"

They knew this shot meter was gonna be controversial. To introduce this new shooting feature & not to thoroughly test it out is downright absurd. That's like putting brakes on a car that only works when in reverse. Shooting is the most important part of the game. They do all this work for signature animations, MOCAP'n folks & don't even care if the shots go in.

Now we got to find the right speed for every player on your team, to get a perfect release. Which is good for offline, but what happens for online? Do we have to PlayShare in order to play a game now? Maybe someone can test this out.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #5
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

I only play real % offline vs CPU, but I really feel for you guys, that shot meter is just plain stupid, and quite frankly 2K shouldn't have implemented it if they couldn't get it working right :/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #6
Pro

Real player % is the only way I play. Offline, online, in my sleep. The meter doesn't belong in a basketball game. Leave that for golf and field goal/punts
Old 12-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #7
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
Real player % is the only way I play. Offline, online, in my sleep. The meter doesn't belong in a basketball game. Leave that for golf and field goal/punts
How do you turn on real percentage for an online game? Dont see that option.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 12-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #8
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I will say this this, game speed tied to perfect releases impacts the overall user experience and gameplay. One person can be playing on one game speed and see the game totally differently than me playing on 50. The game plays much differently when shooters can shoot the ball and are not held back.

I did some testing and "fixed" Durant and Ibaka. The ability for Ibaka to now stretch the floor to the 3pt line with perfect releases just changed the game play up. It is not that I will get 15 perfect releases in the game but say get two from him from three. It just changes how you play. I can imagine this on HOF.

Anyone that watches real NBA enough know that Kyle Korver is so much a threat that they run screens for him where he sets the screen and then flares out to the 3pt line. Bigs will willingly leave open a man in the paint to go after Korver. Sometimes they will hit Milsap cutting to the paint when it looked like a play going to Korver. The threat of his shooting ability causes that to happen. If you are playing HOF Sim default speed you don't even have to worry about Korver which is absurd lol. So what I am saying you need a threat of shooters or the game is way unbalanced.

I will say this you need the shooters to be able to shoot to get one of those 4-4 from deep games or better. Check out Mirotic from the Bulls I think he was 6-6 or from deep the other night. Your chance is slim very slim to almost none of recreating that if his shots is "broken" at some game speed.

I did some more testing and found that 48 game speed makes D. Collison, N. Stauskaus, and McCallum able to get perfect releases on the Kings. My first time getting perfect releases from those three on the default roster but Rudy Gay is no longer good on that speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »