Home

Where is coach mode?

This is a discussion on Where is coach mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-20-2014, 03:14 AM   #1
Rookie

BlackGoldSaints25's Arena

OVR: 0
Where is coach mode?

So I started a franchise with the Redskins and I wanted to do it on coach mode. So I couldn't find it in the league settings. So I figured it would be an in game optin and I don't see it. Am I blind as a bat or dumb as a rock?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

Re: Where is coach mode?

Unlike NCAA Football 2014, there is no coach or even 1 button mode option ,so you have to turn autoi throw on that's way you once snap the ball then qb will be on his own as long as you don't control him. As for defense, you don't need to worry about them because they will play on their own from beginning of game till end.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards_King70
Unlike NCAA Football 2014, there is no coach or even 1 button mode option ,so you have to turn autoi throw on that's way you once snap the ball then qb will be on his own as long as you don't control him. As for defense, you don't need to worry about them because they will play on their own from beginning of game till end.
Thank you! By the way do you know where that option is so I don't lose my mind trying to find it haha
Old 12-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #4
Rookie

I've officially looked every where this option is nowhere to be found
Old 12-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #5
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

There's an option for it on the main menu (I think in Settings )before you go into your CFM. That's the only place you can activate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
There's an option for it on the main menu (I think in Settings )before you go into your CFM. That's the only place you can activate.
Thanks for the response. I was gonna blow a gasket lol
Old 12-22-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

In case you haven't heard about it...Turning on Coach Mode/Auto Throw works for the majority of things BUT the QB will not scramble. In fact, he'll occasionally start to but will throw a weird pass right at the line of scrimmage. Most Coach Mode guys will take control in situations like that and scramble when it makes sense. It's not the best but works better than nothing, I guess.

I also haven't done enough testing of the read option to know if there needs to be user input there. It seems to keep the ball with the QB most of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »