Home

2K should update and fix this

This is a discussion on 2K should update and fix this within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
2K should update and fix this

I've got nothing but nice things to say about 2K and this years release of NBA 2K.. I mostly disagree with the negative criticism about gameplay which I think is top notch.

But there's one area I agree they don't pay as much attention to. Their sneakers. I'm not going to jump in and say fix the shoe models, I know it's far too late for that, (maybe next year?) and I won't get into the fact that there are truly limited options of materials, and most materials don't even look like what their name is..

This topic is about the lack of attention to detail on the colorway formulas of each respective shoe. A lot, if not most, of the shoes have incorrect formulas and/or linked materials/objects on the shoe that ruin the whole creation experience. I know this thread is not for everyone, so before you jump in and say "they have bigger things to worry about", please realize that there are people who play the game and actually care about this.

Some examples:
Air Jordan 1

Jordan 1 Black Toe. These are original Jordans which have been following the same colorway since the 80's. The overlay is forced together, and so is the swoosh logo and the Jordan logo on the outside collar.. And they shouldn't be linked. Otherwise we can't recreate a majority of the sneakers.

Nike KD7

Midnight Navy KD7. The back part where it says Zoom shouldn't be linked with the midsole. All of the recent releases are following this same formula. The sneakers look completely different when this can't be done.

Air Jordan 6

Can't remake the Carmine's and can't make another original shoe from the 90s. The midsole color selection is completely linked together and doesn't let you recreate almost any of the shoes.

I don't know if it's impossible from a technical standpoint, but I think we deserve an explanation or something. Or did I miss the memo? We shouldn't be having this problem on new-gen versions 2 years in a row.

There are more shoes than just the examples I posted, I'm sure there are a few members here who agree that this issue should be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
Pro

Re: 2K should update and fix this

Am I alone on this?
Old 12-15-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Bro you are not alone at all! I been shouting on this forum lately these days about 2K lack of effort in the sneaker department. Because I am a huge sneaker head as well as a 2K head. But 2K keep dropping the ball in this department and it's making me sick literally. Because sneakers is such a big part of the basketball culture I don't understand why 2K put so much little value on them. I wish there was so passionated sneaker heads that work at 2K then this problem would of been resolve. I posted some photos in my last thread how 2K14 shoe models was better than 2K15 models and detail, color and everything else if you ask me. Here some photo comparison below to prove it.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:07 PM   #4
Rookie

I feel like all their shoe issues would be fixed if they simply added more materials and more accent options to each shoe. 2k should hire someone specifically for shoe details. It might sound silly to some people but the shoe game is such a big deal nowadays and I, like you want to create the most realistic shoe. Even down to the pods on the Lebron 12's (which were done pretty well btw in game).
Old 12-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xItzxWeezie
I feel like all their shoe issues would be fixed if they simply added more materials and more accent options to each shoe. 2k should hire someone specifically for shoe details. It might sound silly to some people but the shoe game is such a big deal nowadays and I, like you want to create the most realistic shoe. Even down to the pods on the Lebron 12's (which were done pretty well btw in game).
Brah all they need to do is just scan the shoes like they do for the faces and everything will be G in my eyes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zboogie
Bro you are not alone at all! I been shouting on this forum lately these days about 2K lack of effort in the sneaker department. Because I am a huge sneaker head as well as a 2K head. But 2K keep dropping the ball in this department and it's making me sick literally. Because sneakers is such a big part of the basketball culture I don't understand why 2K put so much little value on them. I wish there was so passionated sneaker heads that work at 2K then this problem would of been resolve. I posted some photos in my last thread how 2K14 shoe models was better than 2K15 models and detail, color and everything else if you ask me. Here some photo comparison below to prove it.

That is kind of weird. The older 2K model does look more appealing and realistic imo.

But like I said in my opening post, I know it's too late to redo models at this point. I just want 2K to be aware of their incorrect formulas..

With the screenshot function on the PS4 and sharing capability on new systems, I think sneakers should get as much attention as player models. Make every section that is supposed to be editable, editable. Stop linking colors to objects and give us some extra materials and patterns. I'll be happy.

Would also love to see some of the popular sneakers players are wearing today in the game, now.. And not next year when no one will be wearing them.

It was silly playing with the M9s all year last season when he (Melo) had his M10s all season long.

Same goes with the Jordan 29SE.. They don't have them without that shroud
Old 12-15-2014, 10:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
That is kind of weird. The older 2K model does look more appealing and realistic imo.

But like I said in my opening post, I know it's too late to redo models at this point. I just want 2K to be aware of their incorrect formulas..

With the screenshot function on the PS4 and sharing capability on new systems, I think sneakers should get as much attention as player models. Make every section that is supposed to be editable, editable. Stop linking colors to objects and give us some extra materials and patterns. I'll be happy.

Would also love to see some of the popular sneakers players are wearing today in the game, now.. And not next year when no one will be wearing them.

It was silly playing with the M9s all year last season when he (Melo) had his M10s all season long.

Same goes with the Jordan 29SE.. They don't have them without that shroud
I agree with you brah! they need to start scanning shoes like how they do NBA player faces. Because a man need his kicks looking clean on these courts ha ha.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:35 PM   #8
Rookie

U hit the nail on the head with this thread, I can't tell u how angry I get when recreating some retro J's and they link parts of the shoe that have no business being linked. Extremely frustrating for a sneaker head. Nothing worse than playing with Jordan and seeing him in a completely fake and inaccurate colorway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »