Home

Is owner mode broke?

This is a discussion on Is owner mode broke? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-14-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is owner mode broke?

I've heard that the team funds are nearly impossible to work with, and even if you can manage them the CPU can't, breaking offline CFM this year. I was just wondering if that was the case.

Last edited by docolla; 12-14-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Is owner mode broke?

A lot of people have had that problem, but in my experience i have not. The first thing you need to do is get rid of bad contracts. Go through your roster and cut players that are making more than a couple million that have no signing bonus and are not starters or are starters but have a back up that is cheaper and about as good. Then raise your prices on everything up one. Then you can sign free agents, sometimes the same guys you just cut for cheaper one year contracts to fill out your roster. Then you have guys under one year contracts that you have no commitment to after the season if your rebuilding this is great. A lot of these you can resign at the end of the season to six year contracts with no bonus for around a million bucks. You can cut them at anytime without penalty, even if it is the next preseason. The more players you have signed to long contracts with no bonus the easier it is to make money and manage your salary cap.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Iīm interested on this as well. I donīt really care about user side. More intereted on how CPU handle things. i heard that after 10 season some cpu teams starter are 50ovr since CPU canīt deal with the contracts and signings correctly because the lack of funds.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Iīm interested on this as well. I donīt really care about user side. More intereted on how CPU handle things. i heard that after 10 season some cpu teams starter are 50ovr since CPU canīt deal with the contracts and signings correctly because the lack of funds.
I don't know about ten years in but i am five years in and the cpu teams are better than they were in m25. A couple of teams are still 90 overall and haven't seen any under 78.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I don't know about ten years in but i am five years in and the cpu teams are better than they were in m25. A couple of teams are still 90 overall and haven't seen any under 78.
Thatīs good to hear. any one else experience this? since i will be playing with roster edits i may play 5 season at most until rookies start to populate the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

When I first played CFM in owner mode this year I thought it was broke, however the more time I spend the more real it is.The smaller markets struggle to bring in big money talent, which they should. They have to develop talent and most times that talent will leave for a larger market after their contract is up. I like it, thereis startegy involved. To keep your all pro QB maybee keep his ratings in the 80s instead of jacking everything up to 90s when its not needed. I like to keep all the xp and when I resign him I use all the points then, so if he is a 70 i sign him cheap and then use his points make him an 80 or 90 and hopefully by the next qb contract I will have enough for a sign on bonus or he will be 10 years in anyway.Thats my trick with my studs, also when you play with a player with lower ratings you get more xp for weekly/milestones etc.huge difference between points for players rated 60s 70s compared to 80s and 90s.save all the points, then use them.I had like 700k for a hb after 2 seaons. he went from 69 to 91 lol i signed him to 6 years at 750k and 50k sign on bonus.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
Just started!

Much more intereted on how CPU handle things.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #8
Rookie

loungefly85's Arena

To make money selling tickets, you pretty much need to save right before each home game and then sim to next to see how tickets sold. Then go back and load from the save point and adjust accordingly.

I play as the Saints in my 7th season and some games sell more than others even though I am 12-1. I can have the price raised all the way up on some sections and sell out the seats then next week after a win have to lower them drastically. Don't even get me started on playoffs.

Just another broken feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »