Home

How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch?

This is a discussion on How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

In my opinion, and I think many share it...2k15 & 2k11 are two examples of 2k doing a great job on addressing the community's concerns and patching the game...

After the great strides 2k11 made, the game that followed up (2k12) seemed to take a lot of steps back. For example, 2k11 did a great job of balancing rebounding...it probably hasn't been that balanced since....and 2k12 was the beginning of that down fall.

How do we stop this from happening again with 2k16?

Does 2k need to know what the community thinks DOESNT need "fixing"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch?

I agree that they need to know what not to change but I don't think many come here to give that type of input unfortunately.

Lets see if this thread gets as big as one of the single complaint threads because even when you have a massive patch that makes the game play well you have some that only point out whats wrong over the 550 things right.

I dont know if we can stop the changes if they decided to add new things again next year it'll have to be balanced again
Old 12-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

i agree. nba 2k15 could be nba 2k12.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

feedback from the community helped made the patch what it was. Going Foward 2k should seek out those legit feedbacks with thorough input. For example they toned down dunks in traffic a lot . Why ? Because the community felt dunks were overpowered in traffic online. Maybe next year attention will be given to online leagues.

Also everybody gotta stop saying everything is broken . Don't say Kyle Korver shot is completely broken and unusable . Maybe say it's too hard to get a perfect release with this guy because he is a knockdown pure shooter .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

The community as a whole but the entire OS audience is not the end all be all.

Thank goodness they hired actual community members to be apart of their team and guys who actually know what makes good basketball at that.

I think the triangle is so far off people's heads they don't even realize it's there. Especially to this degree. ... that's inside drive level greatness

Those freelance offenses are genius. That's definitely one thing that should be expanded on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #6
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
In my opinion, and I think many share it...2k15 & 2k11 are two examples of 2k doing a great job on addressing the community's concerns and patching the game...

After the great strides 2k11 made, the game that followed up (2k12) seemed to take a lot of steps back. For example, 2k11 did a great job of balancing rebounding...it probably hasn't been that balanced since....and 2k12 was the beginning of that down fall.

How do we stop this from happening again with 2k16?

Does 2k need to know what the community thinks DOESNT need "fixing"?

I'm a big fan of 2K but I think a persons satisfaction with the game this year depends on the team you use, the difficulty level and what mode you play - online or off.

While I certainly feel the scores and end results are more realistic, I'm not sure the gameplay that produces it necessarily is.

Each year has its problems.

In online head to head hof sim, this year it's shooting - which is half the game.

I'm not sure that's a step forward.

I'm also not sure that the cpu taking control of my guy at half court and controlling him in some sort of animation is a step forward either.

I haven't played quick match or my team road to the playoffs post patch but those modes have been the same year in and year out.

I think the game is the way it is this year because while people could play defense in the past, most couldn't and the answer was to artificially make it harder to score instead of manually.

This makes the teams handicapped by broken shooters with poor releases even worse especially against people who could defend in prior games which is mostly who I play.

I wouldn't have a problem with this except for the fact that a team like the NY Knicks which has only won four games this year is much easier to use with no practice than my Pacers who have won more games than that I've used since the game was released. And, I haven't managed a single green release with Copeland since the game came out yet I can immediately get them with Larkin.

Each year the game is essentially a chess board. If you can recognize and duplicate situations and make x, y and z moves, you get a successful result.

This year they just added a couple of more steps to x, y and z for the weaker teams.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 12-13-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #7
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

The problem is no 2 people see the same thing the same way, who does 2k listen to, the guys on OS, the guy on Facebook, Instagram, twitter or some other forum. For every guy saying the game is great they hear 20 saying the something is broken, people have no desire to learn how to play the game before complaining that something does not work.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #8
yellow

23's Arena

Lol man. .I commend you 24th

Apologies to you beforehand also. Love where your mind is

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »