Home

Kevin Durant to the Sixers / Nets / Wizards FA 2016

This is a discussion on Kevin Durant to the Sixers / Nets / Wizards FA 2016 within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-13-2014, 06:51 AM   #1
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0

Am I the only one seeing Durant darting for a Big market team without a superstar? Idk why, but with the way Westbrook is playing (Dude consistently takes 10+ MORE shots than Durant) Once Brooklyn clears their silly Cap space and Philly's young guys grow, I could see KD seeing one of these teams with a better fit for his game (Waiting for that 1 superstar) I think each scenario makes sense...

Nets:
Probably the least likely. The nets have no superstar at all, and that just might be the best thing for Durant...To head to a weak Eastern Conference and be able to build his brand in a large market area under the bright lights, seems the least likely, but we'll see!

Sixers:
This one makes a lot of sense. When you have a piece like MCW who is averaging 16-7-7 plays defense, and focus on distributing coupled with two big men in Noel and Embiid who if they pan out could be one of the most dynamic frontcourts in years not to mention another lottery pick, its not hard to imagine a championship caliber lineup in just a few years! Would be a very intriguing situation to come to a large market with all the history that Philly has with the possibility to be the next Dr J, or the next Iverson.

1. Michael Carter-Williams
2. ???
3. Durant
4. Noel
5. Embiid

+ Presumed top 3 pick in upcoming draft

Wizards:
This one seems to make the most sense to ME being Kevin Durant's home town team and everything. Kevin Durant and John Wall have been seen a few times attending Washington Redskins games
Spoiler

and with John Wall and Bradley Beal's recent emergence, I think it would make a LOT of sense for KD to come home and play with a team that realistically would be 1 big man away from a ring (Maybe a Greg Monroe?)

I mean you're talking
1. Wall
2. Beal
3. Durant
4. Nene
5. Gortat

Seems like a championship lineup WITHOUT any moves when you're in the Eastern conference, and if they added another free agent (if the cap allowed it) That could be devastating!

So what do you guys think? Did I miss anyone? Do you see Kevin Durant making a move to get out from under Westbrook's shadow or do you see him staying in OKC where he said he could "Not possibly see myself playing anywhere else." I'm curious to what the public opinion is, stay or go?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Kevin Durant to the Sixers / Nets / Wizards FA 2016

I think it's VERY safe to say that Kevin Durant nor any other top five player will be signing with the Sixers at any point in the next 10-20 years. Philly is just not that kind of team where top tier free agents go in the NBA.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
MVP

I don't think Durant is leaving OKC.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

It's either OKC or DC for Durant.

Those other teams have about a combined 2% chance they get KD. And in the Sixers case...yeah, absolutely no shot.

Although, I will say, I think Durant would think about going to DC. You have, IMO, a more talented team in DC just crying out for a SF. OKC has done such a terrible job building around KD outside of Russ, and the return on the Harden trade has been god awful.

I hope it doesn't happen, though, just selfishly for my team.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #5

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Just like we saw for Lebron(even though it was basically only between 2 options), I'm sure we'll eventually see photoshop stuff like this for Durant:

Obviously just Raptors fans dreaming, but they could be in a good position to make a decent pitch. If they're still top of their division by then, they could make the pitch that they're a 40-50 win team with the roster they have, and their weakest position is the position Durant plays. So adding Durant to a team who's possibly in the 50 win range, could make them a 60 win team/huge championship contenders. Depending what Cleveland does in next few years, I think Durant on Raptors would be surrounded by much more depth than Lebron on Cavs.

Last edited by Majingir; 12-13-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Negative percent chance KD would go to the Raptors. Although I do agree they'd be pretty damn good.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

You realize Westrbook is taking more shots than him mostly because Durant is on a minute restriction right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #8
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
You realize Westrbook is taking more shots than him mostly because Durant is on a minute restriction right?

To be fair, Russ has been taking more shots than KD long before any minute restriction was a thing in OKC

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »