Home

Just Picked up 2k12

This is a discussion on Just Picked up 2k12 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just Picked up 2k12

For 360 LOVE it so far.
Reading threads about it on here and will continue to read. But have a couple of questions..
I want to make a league of my favorite old time teams, YES lots of work ahead. Besides BB reference site, when editing is there anywhere else to get info on players? Does anyone have their own formula ?
And if anyone has advice on the game I will be Greatful.
Thanks..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Just Picked up 2k12

Welcome to 2k12. Great game no one plays or gives a chance.

To start, be sure to look at mkharsh33's rosters, they are terrific. I'll post a link to his latest update. He kept this hidden gem alive for longer than it deserved but he and we were able to extract every bit of life from this game.

Also, be sure to check out my global edits for players if you are making your own rosters. Makes the defense and transitions much smoother than the herky jerky standard 2k rosters.

On the topic of making your own rosters, MK made all his in game while some use the Reditor II (which does cause some roster glitches but allows you to work on your PC instead of in game).

Lastly be sure to check out the slider section. There are many great sets. MK and my set are the two that I prefer but there are many other terrific sets worth trying as gaming is two each his own.

Welcome again and best of luck on your roster set.

mkharsh33 Rosters
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ers-360-a.html

Shogun Global Anticipation / Catcher Block Plate Edit Thread
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...attribute.html

Reditor II
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mlb-2k12.html

mkharsh sliders
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-pitching.html

Shogun sliders
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...icipation.html
Old 12-17-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
Rookie

WOW.. Thank You Very Much Shogun...
Old 01-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 4

I have been playing this game for years. When it really begins to sink in how great it actually is happens when you start getting into the inside edge. When you begin to utilize that information is when the simulation becomes incredible. Your at bats will go from random swings at balls and strikes to proper approaches. You'll see that when so-and-so hits .450 against curve balls early in the count, if you see it, you smash it. The pitcher-batter interface is unbelievable with it.

With that said, the inside edge is so deep, it takes a while to get into it. What I look to work on one player at a time. I just began an Orioles franchise, so now it is Adam Jones. Once I get his approach down, then I will begin someone else's.

Once you get into franchise with the inside edge, and a team you can sink your teeth into, you will see how deep, and fun just the pitcher and batter interfaces are.

Finally, with all the said, I have not been able to get inside edge to actually appear when I play in franchise games. Can someone lead me to the proper setting so I see the information during my at bats?
Old 01-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #5
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Unfortunately I don't have any insight on the above question but want to piggyback on the thread since its about 2K12. I'm still working on getting through my first ever 162 game season, wish I could say I'm iron manning it and playing every game but I've played about half and that's good for my short attention span.

ANYWAY I had a player (Ryan Ludwick) get injured for a month and a half or so but now that he's off the DL he's down in AAA and I'm not able to bring him up to the bigs. I also just had another guy (Johnny Cueto) come off a month long DL stint and was able to bring him up right away. I'm guessing Ludwick is on a rehab stint and hopefully I can bring him up soon.

Just curious if anyone who has played the game or still is has seen this before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #6
Rookie

Sportsfanatic29's Arena

In MLB 2K12, when a player gets hurt for 15 plus days they go on the DL. After a player comes off of the DL they will go down to Triple-A for around 5 games for a rehab assignment. Sometimes it can be less than 5 games and sometimes it can be over 5 games. A 5 game rehab assignment is the average.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:33 PM   #7
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfanatic29
In MLB 2K12, when a player gets hurt for 15 plus days they go on the DL. After a player comes off of the DL they will go down to Triple-A for around 5 games for a rehab assignment. Sometimes it can be less than 5 games and sometimes it can be over 5 games. A 5 game rehab assignment is the average.
Thanks a bunch for the answer. I wish there had been some kind of notification letting me know this was the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »