Home

Pump Fake fouls...

This is a discussion on Pump Fake fouls... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Pump Fake fouls...

Literally the most frustrating thing in the world...you get an offensive board and pump fake, and the defender flips over you only to have the refs rule it on the freaking floor? Really? That foul happens way too often and should result in FT's every single time, and it's annoying that it doesn't.

Also, how come there are no and 1 dunks? There are animations that trigger that look like they should be fouls and then nothing is called...even with foul and contact sliders at 100...this game needs more free throws to even out the final scores...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 10:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pump Fake fouls...

couple things...
1. if its a pump fake.. you werent actually shooting = on the floor
2. ive had/seen plenty and1 dunks
Old 12-06-2014, 10:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Literally the most frustrating thing in the world...you get an offensive board and pump fake, and the defender flips over you only to have the refs rule it on the freaking floor? Really? That foul happens way too often and should result in FT's every single time, and it's annoying that it doesn't.

Also, how come there are no and 1 dunks? There are animations that trigger that look like they should be fouls and then nothing is called...even with foul and contact sliders at 100...this game needs more free throws to even out the final scores...

Im sorry but you are playing a total different game. I see alot of and 1 dunks and like the poster said before me, pumpfakes are not really a shot.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:52 PM   #4
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Pump Fake fouls...

I'm in the pump fake should be a foul camp. In real life once you get the guy off his feet you'd go right into the contact to draw the foul which you can't do in the game. Basically, rewards poor defense to give the ball a side out.

It's also pretty annoying you can get a guy off his feet and he can still manage to stay in front of you (and also immediately go back up to block and rebound) while my guy remains stuck to the floor.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 12-06-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:57 PM   #5
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

Agree with coach 2k ..in 2k14 u could pump a defender in yhe air and jump into him dor the foul...why the hell did they take that out ??? Dissapointed in that...they replaced it with an animation where the defender jumps on you like wwe wrestling attack ..foh

animations ruin the game for real ..a ton of them in there should be out immediately
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 12:09 AM   #6
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick
couple things...
1. if its a pump fake.. you werent actually shooting = on the floor
2. ive had/seen plenty and1 dunks
Alright fine, the contact dunks obviously has to do with my slider set then, but please, PLEASE show me 1 instance of a pump fake under the rim not giving free throws, PLEASE.

Obviously I understand that if you pump fake you aren't actually shooting, I understand the game of basketball, what I am saying to you is that in the instance of NBA 2K15, the Animations that trigger when you pump fake are shooting fouls and they should be called as such.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:44 AM   #7
Rookie

Of course when you fake you have that intention to shoot but as long as you do not leave your feet that's not going to be a shooting foul.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Alright fine, the contact dunks obviously has to do with my slider set then, but please, PLEASE show me 1 instance of a pump fake under the rim not giving free throws, PLEASE.

Obviously I understand that if you pump fake you aren't actually shooting, I understand the game of basketball, what I am saying to you is that in the instance of NBA 2K15, the Animations that trigger when you pump fake are shooting fouls and they should be called as such.
.i dont think i understand what u are getting at. you arent shooting but it should be a shooting foul? shooting fouls occur when you are fouled in the act of shooting. hustler_24 is correct in saying that if you were able to fake the defender into the air then JUMP into him THAT would be a shooting foul... but the animation of simply pumping and staying on the ground while being fouled doesnt count as such.

freethrows after fouls only occur if
1. foul limit of the quarter is reached (5 or 2 in the last 2 minutes, whichever comes first).. bonus
2. in the act of shooting .. not a fake
3. clear path
4. techs

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »