Home

Universe question....

This is a discussion on Universe question.... within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-05-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
Rookie

oakview80's Arena

OVR: 0
Universe question....

I'm starting to set up my universe and was wondering if I'm better off doing 1 major show with a minor now or 2 major shows ect.... I know a lot of you play universe mode so I was wondering what works best for you guys. Any advice or input would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
Rookie

JsMcbain's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Universe question....

I have a couple questions as well.

1- If I just set the base for my universe (rosters, titles, aliiances and ennemies, etc.) and take no decision from there, simply play the matches, will universe mode incorporate new storylines and rivalries by itself or every time a storyline unlocks I want to manually assign it to some wrestlers to see it happen?

2- If some matches do not interest me and I ''skip or simulate" them, will that prevent that match to have anything special happening to it? If the match I skip triggers a storyline (given the answer to my first question is yes) will it bring me to the curscene anyway?
Old 12-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMcbain
I have a couple questions as well.

1- If I just set the base for my universe (rosters, titles, aliiances and ennemies, etc.) and take no decision from there, simply play the matches, will universe mode incorporate new storylines and rivalries by itself or every time a storyline unlocks I want to manually assign it to some wrestlers to see it happen?

2- If some matches do not interest me and I ''skip or simulate" them, will that prevent that match to have anything special happening to it? If the match I skip triggers a storyline (given the answer to my first question is yes) will it bring me to the curscene anyway?
1. If auto rivalries is turned on, at the start of each month rivalries will be automatically generated. The stories chosen are random and it will, I think, even generate stories you have not unlocked.

2. Matches do not trigger storylines. If you simulate a rivalry match that includes a cutscene you will not see the cutscene but the story still progresses.

To the op, it is largely a matter of preference. I switched to having RAW as the only major with Smackdown as a minor. Previously I was using both as majors but I started neglecting my Smackdown show to focus on Raw.

My advice, whether you sim or play to unlock stories have as many major shows as possible. That allows more stories to occur which makes unlocking all stories quicker.

Then if you reset universe the number of shows is up to you. Each choice has its advantages and disadvantages.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:48 AM   #4
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

do u have to keep the CPU generated cards to keep progressing rivals?? last year if u edited the match or card it would restart the rivalries and be pointless to play I don't want the same 1 v 1 or 2v2 matches each week or stupid matches like Kane vs big show in submission match like last year as well. if it's same then it's a no buy this year.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:57 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
do u have to keep the CPU generated cards to keep progressing rivals?? last year if u edited the match or card it would restart the rivalries and be pointless to play I don't want the same 1 v 1 or 2v2 matches each week or stupid matches like Kane vs big show in submission match like last year as well. if it's same then it's a no buy this year.
You have to keep the same cards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #6
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You have to keep the same cards.
that's pointless to use that mode then
Old 12-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
that's pointless to use that mode then
It could be better, but I would hardly call it pointless.

You can opt to ignore the story collection and create your own stories.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »