Home

Have EA washed their hands with this game?

This is a discussion on Have EA washed their hands with this game? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think there's been two roster updates since the season started. It was promised to be a daily thing. Not a peep out of them about whats happening for the future of this game never mind the series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Have EA washed their hands with this game?

No. I believe there has been 3 roster updates and 2-3 title updates so far. Synergy updates an hr after each game. It's still very much alive.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:12 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

They also could have been off on a vacation for the holidays.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0

Look. I come on here and defend Live all the time. They made this game fun. The crowd is alive and on ball defense is fantastic and fun. You could argue slightly overpowered, but it's fun.

But since the launch I've barely heard any news. When Live 14 bombed we had several releases promising patches.

2K has had literally like 10 roster updates since it came out. They have updated the signature shots of tons of players, they have updated accessories for countless players, and they have had roster updates anywhere from 1-4 times a week. I think it's been twice so far in the past few days.

Live updates ratings once in a blue moon. There is no buzz or word on any sort of patch, fixes, or anything, while 2K has their patch fresh out to release.

The first year Live promised to bring this huge patch and fix the game.

This year all they did was offer ultimate team packs and apologize. No promises for several patches, no promises for big updates.

I am indeed worried they are abandoning the game. The strengths of this game are so needed and strong. It's a fantastic change of pace and I love it. That's why I hate that they are lagging behind so much. It does worry me.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

2k's patch is about to come out, However they also released 3 weeks earlier than Live. Live has updated ratings twice so far already. I get it, the silence from the development team sucks. I know. The game isn't abandoned.

They're 2 separate companies that handle interactions completely different. I wish I could be a mouthpiece and keep everyone up to date on the goings on. The game isn't being abandoned though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #6
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
2k's patch is about to come out, However they also released 3 weeks earlier than Live. Live has updated ratings twice so far already. I get it, the silence from the development team sucks. I know. The game isn't abandoned.

They're 2 separate companies that handle interactions completely different. I wish I could be a mouthpiece and keep everyone up to date on the goings on. The game isn't being abandoned though.
Twice vs literally like 15 times. I know it came out 3 weeks earlier, so that's a good point.

The silence is a big deal though. No dev team should ever go completely silent. Because as much as they like to believe their will be a Live 16, when a game fails as bad as Live 14, and 15 have, it's only a quick phone call away to pull the plug entirely. My optimism is going away.

Again. I think Live 15 wasn't a fail and was a great step towards progress. A HUGE patch could make this game a game changer gameplay wise. And then Live 16 could add features, and even more animations and then it would be ON.

But it's not about how good the game came out overall, or how much progress was made.

Poor sales, and silence are the biggest worrying things for me. Never heard that with 14 even when it was terrible, and even when the game was out for a few months. At least I don't remember a long silence.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
Twice vs literally like 15 times. I know it came out 3 weeks earlier, so that's a good point.

The silence is a big deal though. No dev team should ever go completely silent. Because as much as they like to believe their will be a Live 16, when a game fails as bad as Live 14, and 15 have, it's only a quick phone call away to pull the plug entirely. My optimism is going away.

Again. I think Live 15 wasn't a fail and was a great step towards progress. A HUGE patch could make this game a game changer gameplay wise. And then Live 16 could add features, and even more animations and then it would be ON.

But it's not about how good the game came out overall, or how much progress was made.

Poor sales, and silence are the biggest worrying things for me. Never heard that with 14 even when it was terrible, and even when the game was out for a few months. At least I don't remember a long silence.

Now with the Updates, 2k has had VERY little in Terms of Tendency UPDATES. MOST of their Updates have been Accessory Updates and some Attribute Updates. Now with Live SYNERGY is actually Up****** DAILY.

So actually NBA LIVE 15 has just as many if not MORE updates if you Consider SYNERGY is Up****** DAILY. So to say NBA Live is NOT up****** the game is incorrect, they are NOT Up****** Shoes and other Accessories Daily would be More Correct.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 12-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Synergy has been up****** since the game released though, even when no games have been played....didn't Fernando say Synergy wasn't even 'turned on' for the first couple of weeks?

I definitely see the little "up****** synergy" box at the bottom of the screen when launching but it's hard to tell what kind of substance is actually behind it without any information...

EDIT: don't think they've abandoned the game or anything, just sayin'

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 12-07-2014 at 08:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »