Home

Ratings discussion thread (official roster)

This is a discussion on Ratings discussion thread (official roster) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Ratings discussion thread (official roster)

Since there is currently nowhere to discuss the current official roster attributes/tendencies, I figured I'd create this.

I haven't had a chance to play with today's update, but did sneak a peek as I was highly curious regarding the changes to speed. For the most part, the re-evaluation seems very fresh.

After an admittedly brief peek at a couple of teams, I noticed some oddities, though. Ronny Turiaf (80) is now faster than Ricky Rubio (~75 iirc). Dwight Howard is no slowpoke for a big man, but would he be the fastest player on some teams (88)? I admittedly don't know much about the Morris twins, but is Marcus (93) that much faster than Markieff (57)?

I know there are adjustments to come and I don't mean to overreact, especially since I won't be starting a new franchise until that sweet, sweet patch gets pushed to Steam

By the way 2k/VC, you're welcome to do that any time now

I just wanted to see some discussion, so let's discuss.

Last edited by joosegoose; 12-03-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Ratings discussion thread (official roster)

Finally a place to talk about ratings!!! I haven't seen much myself. But it's weird to see the twins rated so differently. I'll have to play before I say anything. I saw someone say something about Ellis going from 96 to 84. That should get people talking.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Jrue Holiday's defensive awareness and passing attributes need to increase. Also, AD's shot tendency needs to increase.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Finally a place to talk about ratings!!! I haven't seen much myself. But it's weird to see the twins rated so differently. I'll have to play before I say anything. I saw someone say something about Ellis going from 96 to 84. That should get people talking.
It was his speed rating that fell from a 96 to an 84
Old 12-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
It was his speed rating that fell from a 96 to an 84
Pretty sure he knew that, the point was that seeing players' speed change that much is going to get people talking. Kind of like Dwight Howard getting an 88 in speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #6
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Wesley Matthews on-ball defense IQ needs a bump from 70 to about 81. He also needs "Gold Perimeter lock-down defender"

Matthews makes big clutch plays defensively game in and out.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Since there is currently nowhere to discuss the current official roster attributes/tendencies, I figured I'd create this.

I haven't had a chance to play with today's update, but did sneak a peek as I was highly curious regarding the changes to speed. For the most part, the re-evaluation seems very fresh.

After an admittedly brief peek at a couple of teams, I noticed some oddities, though. Ronny Turiaf (80) is now faster than Ricky Rubio (~75 iirc). Dwight Howard is no slowpoke for a big man, but would he be the fastest player on some teams (88)? I admittedly don't know much about the Morris twins, but is Marcus (93) that much faster than Markieff (57)?

I know there are adjustments to come and I don't mean to overreact, especially since I won't be starting a new franchise until that sweet, sweet patch gets pushed to Steam

By the way 2k/VC, you're welcome to do that any time now

I just wanted to see some discussion, so let's discuss.
88 speed means they're using my speed scale. It's based on draft combine.

Unfortunately that means they didn't factor in 10 years of Howard's evolution, he's not exactly the crazy athlete he was as a teenager.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 12-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #8
Rookie

If you look closely the quickness rating was adjusted too, to counter speed ratings. If you think about it some players can get up & down the floor, but can't move side to side as fast. Also add the fact that most players half-*** it out there, & don't give it their all relates to some dropping in speeds. This should be good cause Face-Up players should be more effective if they get a step. Big men shouldn't be able to check guards. Post moves should be more effective (not post shots). Just because a person is fast on offense, doesn't mean he should be just as fast on defense, especially if he doesn't defend well at all.

I am worried , if Speed is considered back & forth, while Quickness is side to side. The left-right cheeses will be even more effective till Patch 3 is release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »