Home

Do all "End Around" plays not work on this game?

This is a discussion on Do all "End Around" plays not work on this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
Banned

YourWorstNightmar3's Arena

OVR: 0
Do all "End Around" plays not work on this game?

This is something I'm slowly starting to notice..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Do all "End Around" plays not work on this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWorstNightmar3
If you read the play properly before the snap (IE. the D isn't stacked to the side the jet sweep is going) you can get some good gains on jet sweeps (which is what I'm assuming you're talking about even though it's not technically an end around since it's the slot receiver running and not a flanker). I have a 6 or 7 jet sweeps in my spread option CPB and they can go for negative yards, 0 yards, 5-10 yards, or 50+ yards.

You just need to read the play presnap and see if your line will seal the edge. This is what I do now that I play coach mode. Back when I was controlling my guys I could also pick up some really nice gains by cutting it upfield before getting to the edge, but my CPU controlled guys never attempt this.

EDIT:
I should also note that I play with sliders that have 0 run blocking and only 25 Running Back Ability as well as 100 CPU rush defense. The 25 RBA slider REALLY slows down my backs (my 95 SPD guys get run down by LBs). These sliders are really effective because, despite the fact that I run a lot more than I pass, I can't even average 200 rushing YPG (I'm usually around 175) with a hurry up spread option attack on 8 minute quarters. If you play with these sliders closer to default then you should be able to have great success with jet sweeps if you've got a speedy slot WR.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 12-01-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
All Star

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Here is the 1st jet sweep I called since reading your thread. It went for a 16 yard gain.

Highlight:

Instant replay with dialogue:

Last edited by jello1717; 12-01-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
All Star

jello1717's Arena

Okay, just 1 more. Here is my 2nd jet sweep in this game. It's from F twins over and is an actual end around (most of my jet sweeps have the slot guy running it, but in F Twins Over it's actually a flanker that motions and takes the handoff).

This one went for 8 yards so I'm averaging 12 YPC on my jet sweeps so far in this game.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #5
Banned

Hey man thanks for your reply, but I was referring to "End Around" plays only. If u use LSU's playbook and pick I-form normal "End Around" or Singleback Bunch "end around", the qb keeps it every time and runs it like it's a broken play. It's pretty frustrating as I tried different rosters and different game modes to test it, but same problem every time. The qb did hand it off to the WR like 1/25 times for all the times I tried it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #6
All Star

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Hey man thanks for your reply, but I was referring to "End Around" plays only. If u use LSU's playbook and pick I-form normal "End Around" or Singleback Bunch "end around", the qb keeps it every time and runs it like it's a broken play. It's pretty frustrating as I tried different rosters and different game modes to test it, but same problem every time. The qb did hand it off to the WR like 1/25 times for all the times I tried it.
Ahhh. Sorry, I'll be no help to you. I've had this game since release, played almost 600 dynasty games of it, and if you don't include goal line formations, my QBs have taken a grand total of 0 snaps from under center.

Are you running no huddle by chance? There are more than a few SG plays that do exactly what you're saying (the QB is supposed to hand it to the HB or WR, but just keeps it instead) but this is only if run from the no huddle. They work perfectly if you use it out of the huddle.

If you're not running them from the no huddle, then I obviously can't help since I have 0 experience under center.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Ahhh. Sorry, I'll be no help to you. I've had this game since release, played almost 600 dynasty games of it, and if you don't include goal line formations, my QBs have taken a grand total of 0 snaps from under center.

Are you running no huddle by chance? There are more than a few SG plays that do exactly what you're saying (the QB is supposed to hand it to the HB or WR, but just keeps it instead) but this is only if run from the no huddle. They work perfectly if you use it out of the huddle.

If you're not running them from the no huddle, then I obviously can't help since I have 0 experience under center.
Yeah exactly man. U can just try it in "Play Now" real quick. Just use LSU's playbook and try those 2 plays. I don't run No-Huddle, the play just simply doesn't work lol
Old 12-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Yeah exactly man. U can just try it in "Play Now" real quick. Just use LSU's playbook and try those 2 plays. I don't run No-Huddle, the play just simply doesn't work lol
The end around has never really worked on EA Games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »