Home

Creative ways to make offline CF teams more interesting, share yours!

This is a discussion on Creative ways to make offline CF teams more interesting, share yours! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #1
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1
Creative ways to make offline CF teams more interesting, share yours!

So when I make franchises, I like to spice it up a little in a few different ways. I do enjoy taking a subpar team and making them good, but I've had so much fun doing fantasy drafts and having different concepts for each.

I've tried two different concepts when approaching offline CF.

One thing I like to do is draft a bunch of young good players so I can develop them into studs. It takes you a little while to become true contenders, (didn't win a playoff game until my 4th year in, where I won the Super Bowl too.) The only downside is when the FA train comes rolling in after 3-5 years the players end up being so good that you can barely afford half, which presents a challenge.

Another theme I like to use is the veteran team. Draft a bunch of veterans all 30+, be great at first but everyone obviously retires and deteriorates talent-wise, so the challenge here is excellent drafting.

Then there's the all-defense or all-offense teams too which are fun to balance out over time.

Do you guys do things like this to make the franchise more fun?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Creative ways to make offline CF teams more interesting, share yours!

I use to do stuff like this aloo the time, not so much this year since I have so many other games to play haha. I like doing all the ones you said, plus I've done:

An all speed team. Pick fastest players per position that have good overalls (don't pass up say Reggie bush because dri archer is faster, just pick fast good guys)

Low round offseason. ( don't make 1-2-3 draft round picks trade them or trade back. Have to find diamonds in rough or aquire free agents or trade for guys)

Fantasy draft the worst players (except maybe a few building blocks) and sim the first year, so it's like your an expansion team building from the ground up. (Haven't don't this on long time)

I personally adhere when I play regularly to not giving signing bonuses. It makes grtting the top free agents harder and makes owner mode actually possible to do.

An all backup team by editing rosters before hand and trading. Release all your guys and aquire the top backups in the league for an underdog type feel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »