Home

Proposal for Us All to Work on One Roster Set for 2015 Season

This is a discussion on Proposal for Us All to Work on One Roster Set for 2015 Season within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 11-30-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Proposal for Us All to Work on One Roster Set for 2015 Season

I would like to propose that for the 2015 season all of us who are serious about Xbox 360 roster editing agree to work on a single project. I think the key to a great roster is consistency in player ratings and so rating players would have to be left to either one person or a very small team of people. There would have to be many, many edits done that have nothing to do with player ratings so we would hope to have many volunteers who would do non-ratings-related edits and promise to make no ratings changes in any players. We would also probably need more than one person who is good with the roster editor. Ideally we would have people with a variety of schedules who could work on the rosters on different days and times of the week. Although only one person could work on the rosters at a time if would be great if we could have someone working on them almost round the clock. Ideally we could have one person volunteer to handle all non-ratings-related edits on a particular division within a conference or maybe even an entire conference. All of us have at least one favorite team and so even if a person volunteered to handle all non-ratings-related edits for the team they follow closely it would be helpful.

I think in order for this to work we would have to convince either LsuTyga24 (CALLMELSU) or cparrish or both of them to join this effort for it to be worth it. Either LsuTyga24 (CALLMELSU) or cparrish or both would have to be free to make all of the decisions on how the rosters would be designed. If you want to work on this project please post your operationsports.com user name, your Xbox 360 gamer tag and what you would be willing to do for the project. Please see my post below for an example of what I mean.

If you take a look around this board you will see many examples of 2014 rosters done for the Xbox 360. Just think of what we could have done if we had all agreed to work on a single roster project.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
I Want to Volunteer to Help

I Want to Volunteer to Help

My operationsports.com user name is Warren Piecee and my Xbox 360 gamer tag is also Warren Piecee. Both LsuTyga24 (CALLMELSU) or cparrish have more experience rating players than I do and so unless one of them asked me to rate players I would volunteer handle all non-ratings-related edits.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
Pro

Tbow15UFgators's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Proposal for Us All to Work on One Roster Set for 2015 Season

I can help with the duplicating the numbers and the minor details. i am not good at rating players. I will still work even harder trying to make Florida realistic as possible.
Orlando Magic
San Antonio Spurs
Boston RedSox
San Francisco Giants
Atlanta Braves
Manchester United
Old 11-30-2014, 06:34 PM   #4
MVP

marcuscouch10's Arena

i would love to help with this i could do ratings i am pretty good with ratings based on how my other projects on other games have gone am also good getting progression and sim stats right one thing that i would like to have someone do is update the top 25 weekly and change the big necks in the modding tool to make the game better i can also do some gear and even would like to update coaches to make them more realistic
Old 11-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
Rookie

i have lots of knowledge of up****** rosters and i happened to make my own roster for this season before i joined the forums and it looked pretty similar to CallMeLSU so i suspect i did a pretty good job on it so if you need any help with player ratings from the ACC i would be happy to as i know a lot about those teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #6
Rookie

I can work on some SEC schools. My gamer tag is MSU71
Old 12-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #7
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

As a 360 2014 OS roster user, I'd like to say please and thank you for this!

I just posted in a different thread how I was slightly concerned that the modding community was moving on from this title since it's last gen...looks like those concerns are eased.

As for contributing, not sure I could help. I can certainly help with names numbers and positions, especially for the B1G, if asked, but I'm no good at ratings and it look like there are plenty of people covering names/positions

Let me know if you'd like me to help with the B1G via a PM or something. I'll be pretty busy with a newborn/infant plus a kindergartener soon so that might take up a lot of time...but since this community is so AWESOME and did this so well for 2014, I honestly feel compelled to help next year.

One other thing I've been pondering is a 2015 schedule mod. I know someone tried that for PS3 this year and it was problematic, but with more experience under our collective belts, I'd be interested in trying to contribute that, if time allows.

Last edited by ILuvMN81; 12-01-2014 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Spelling. Oops. Should've previewed
Old 12-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Ratings are critical to the game's performance. Ratings dramatically affect how players and teams perform. Ratings interact with Difficulty Settings, Sliders and Play Style (Coach Mode versus Arcade, etc.).

Most importantly, determining the ratings development strategy is not as simple as deciding upon a ratings spread based upon actual player's rated performance. It is vital to understand how the game's software uses ratings to resolve play results and to control game flow (Momentum effects, etc.).

Unfortunately, we can only see the "Static Ratings" when we look at a Roster. We cannot see the "Dynamic Ratings" which the game is actually using during the course of a game (we can get glimpses and hints of these Dynamic Ratings by looking at the Depth Chart during the game, but we cannot get at the Depth Chart ratings for editing purposes).

For all of the above reasons, there is probably never going to be a single set of player ratings which satisfy everyone.

My point in all of the above is to offer the following suggestions for the group for creating a Roster for the 2015 Season.

1. Focus upon all of the non-rating edits and set a date deadline to release the Roster.
2. Select one person to determine the ratings strategy and to define how that strategy is to be implemented for actually setting ratings. Have that person publish the strategy so that everyone knows how the players are to be rated.
3. Have a knowledgeable team of people who can use the Editor to implement the selected ratings strategy.

Then, when all is done, release the Roster. Anyone who is not satisfied with the Ratings strategy is then free to modify the ratings to suit his individual game preferences.

Good luck to the group and I hope that you all are successful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »