Home

WWE 2K16 Wishlist

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Wishlist within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2
WWE 2K16 Wishlist

Now that we've had a little under two weeks to soak in WWE 2K15, what are your thoughts/hopes/dreams for the next installment of the series - WWE 2K16?

Let's keep this to a wishlist and not turn it into a point out what's wrong with WWE 2K15 thread.

Here's my thoughts:

General
  • Improved grapple system based on the system implemented on current gen.
    • Expand to have actual low-impact grapples end the sequences.
  • Improved animations.
    • Ladder match winning sequences need overhauled so they player doesn't fall off the ladder every time. Make it based on the stamina system.
    • Overhaul the cutscenes, make the majority of them interactive to immerse the player in the game.
  • WWE The Music Store
    • If they're going to limit the amount of entrances and not allow custom music, open a music store to let the player either purchase the music to use or let them have the ability to use the VC they obtain to purchase it.
  • Expanded Skills/Abilities, some examples
    • 2.99999 Kick-Out Skill - Much like the resiliency button was used in previous games, give the player the skill to be able to kick out at 2.999 one/twice/three times at any time during the match, depending on the level.
    • Pump It Up! - Use the crowd to gain Stamina back and enter your comeback sequence.
    • Desperation Finisher - Ability to hit a desperation finisher by draining your full stamina bar to even the odds.

I had more, but I can't think of them right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: WWE 2K16 Wishlist

Just to throw something out there, I'd like a number of different pinning systems instead of the meter they have now.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:23 AM   #3
Rookie

scorpio1018's Arena

OVR: 0
Angry Re: WWE 2K16 Wishlist

this is an easy one:

- playable online mode
Old 12-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

That universe mode be brought up to date, there hasn't been a draft since 2011. And one roster and not making titles set to one show.

Deeper Career mode

Treat it more like other sports games with more accurate rosters rather then one mainly a year behind.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

The return of superstar threads, or alternatively, at least have at least 2 or 3 attires for each superstar.

The ability to choose how a wrestler goes for the cover (lateral press, hook one leg, both, etc)

A special ability which certain technical wrestlers can use to keep control of the chain wrestling battle, similar to resiliency.

Return to the WWE 2k14 system of standing on the apron. Holding the direction never used to drop you off the apron without a press of L1 which was better.

Eliminate the control delay. I know why it's there but the gameplay could still be smoother.

More NXT Superstars. Give us the ability for a full NXT roster right our of the box. (Minimum 15 superstars)

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

I wish 2K would work with WWE more to be a little ahead with upcoming debuts or character changes. A lot of that would be helped with having a more full NXT roster to cover any potential call ups. Having Zayn, Neville, Kidd, etc, is great to have. The first year they had The Ryback in they got tapes from house shows and information from WWE to try and make him accurate as they were working on him for the game before he even debuted. Similar with Sin Cara, how they used some of Mistico's maneuvers to fill out the moveset since they were also working on him before he debuted.

The easiest way to do that would be to have a pretty full NXT roster. It just sucks that we have to take up CAW spaces with wrestlers who are in the WWE, and have been. I just wish one year they would have a COMPLETE WWE roster, from the top of the card down to the jobbers. I want Slater, Ryder, Sin Cara all in the game. With using the face scanning it's making it easier to get guys into the game it seems. If they had the top 15 guys, and the 3-5 women in NXT that appear regularly that would help too. CAWs should be meant for guys not currently in WWE such as legends, indy guys, etc.

Even gimmick changes such as Rhodes to Stardust. WWE knows that's coming, so why not plan ahead and get it as a roster update, I wish they wouldn't do DLC for characters like that. I'd be all for DLC being for more moves and legends, or mode add ons like Showcase. The one year they had Punk having the SES mask as an alternate attire. Makes me wonder why they couldn't have something similar for Stardust, I'm sure WWE knew about it long enough ahead to start planning it, all it would take is a face change and attire change. If people can make the CAWs so easily and such high quality, I don't see why they can't do it. I'd also like that as a roster update like other 2K games, not DLC. Especially with how UFC is adding in DLC fighters at a solid pace, for free.

Enough ranting on the roster. But that's my only wish, gameplay is solid, and they'll continue to work on it. I just want a full and complete roster that occasionally gets updated.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:20 AM   #7
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

- Much better Universe mode
- Much better Career mode
- Much bigger roster, seriously just have everyone past and present that is part of WWE in the game. Bret Hart etc. The majority of people love playing with legends and having matches between today's jabronis against yesterday's stars.
- Try to find any kind of solution to custom entrance music
- Much better creation tools
- Bring back the preset entrances/moves sets
- Bring back First Blood etc. matches
- Again, put some effort into Universe mode...seriously the cutscense and bookings are crap. If I pick a feud I didn't mean that I want 2 wrestlers to face each other every week for 4/8/12 weeks. It should build up to where they FINALLY face each other at the end of their feud.
- DETAILS! Seriously if they release another WWE game where Austin comes out without his vest they should all be fired. Arguably the biggest superstar in the history of the company and they can't get his entrance attire right...and give him one if not the worst entrance in the game.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #8
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
Now that we've had a little under two weeks to soak in WWE 2K15, what are your thoughts/hopes/dreams for the next installment of the series - WWE 2K16?

Let's keep this to a wishlist and not turn it into a point out what's wrong with WWE 2K15 thread.

Here's my thoughts:

General
  • Improved grapple system based on the system implemented on current gen.
    • Expand to have actual low-impact grapples end the sequences.
  • Improved animations.
    • Ladder match winning sequences need overhauled so they player doesn't fall off the ladder every time. Make it based on the stamina system.
    • Overhaul the cutscenes, make the majority of them interactive to immerse the player in the game.
  • WWE The Music Store
    • If they're going to limit the amount of entrances and not allow custom music, open a music store to let the player either purchase the music to use or let them have the ability to use the VC they obtain to purchase it.
  • Expanded Skills/Abilities, some examples
    • 2.99999 Kick-Out Skill - Much like the resiliency button was used in previous games, give the player the skill to be able to kick out at 2.999 one/twice/three times at any time during the match, depending on the level.
    • Pump It Up! - Use the crowd to gain Stamina back and enter your comeback sequence.
    • Desperation Finisher - Ability to hit a desperation finisher by draining your full stamina bar to even the odds.

I had more, but I can't think of them right now.
That is a very neat idea bud. I would definitely purchase entrance music of superstars I downloaded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »