Home

People who buy VC should play on their own servers.

This is a discussion on People who buy VC should play on their own servers. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
Banned

Klayups's Arena

OVR: 0
People who buy VC should play on their own servers.

The fact that people can buy VC and instantly have 7 foot Shaq mixed with ray allen mixed with Iverson mixed with Magic Johnson clones is really killing the online experience for me.

Last night i was online with some members of OS and EVERY SINGLE game was against three 7 foot dudes, who were clearly bought VC players. It's so not fun.

Next year, if people buy VC they should be relegated to their own servers/lobbies.

It's really not fun to be forced to make a super player just to play online and have fun.

Very frustrating and unbalanced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #2
Banned

Re: People who buy VC should play on their own servers.

At this point the game has been out long enough that you could have genuinely grinded enough VC yo max a guy out.

VC has nothing to do with being 7ft tall.

You can only buy your way to th high 80s then you have to play the game to unlock more upgrades to put your guy into the 90s (which you could do through purchased vc but by that point you will have played it enough to buy it legit).

I think, and I've said this before, the park servers need to be separated;

Bronze Servers - Retricted to players below 75 overall.
Silver Servers - Restricted to players below 85 overall.
Gold Servers - 85 overall and above only.
Ruby Servers - Players of mixed abilities, like we have now ( in case you're an 80 and your buddy is a 70 and you want to play together)

They also need to separate randoms and squads.

Have Squad servers (bronze, silver, gold, Ruby) and General servers (bronze, silver, gold, Ruby)
Old 11-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
MVP

Servers are already not that great. Making different servers would cause more problems.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayups
The fact that people can buy VC and instantly have 7 foot Shaq mixed with ray allen mixed with Iverson mixed with Magic Johnson clones is really killing the online experience for me.

Last night i was online with some members of OS and EVERY SINGLE game was against three 7 foot dudes, who were clearly bought VC players. It's so not fun.

Next year, if people buy VC they should be relegated to their own servers/lobbies.

It's really not fun to be forced to make a super player just to play online and have fun.

Very frustrating and unbalanced.
how do you know they all only bought their way up? im not saying youre wrong. esp. with all those 7 foot SF...it also was annoying to see people beeing a 94 overall on day one but the game is out for a long time now.

with the app and or simply playing on hof, beeing 90+ ovr now isnt tough...i never bought vc and i already have 2 good myplayers, one at 94 with plenty of (gold) badges and the other in the mid 80.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
Servers are already not that great. Making different servers would cause more problems.
Or make it better since you wouldn't have everyone in the world on the same one. Balances out the traffic? Don't really know the technical ins and outs. Different servers is probably the wrong phrase, more like different play lists. Just like an FPS has TDM, CTF etc you have bronze, silver etc.

I don't see how the servers could get any worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #6

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

OP that wont solve a thing. The problem isnt that people are buying VC to max their players, the problem is the unrealistic caps. The fact that you can make a 7ft player mixed with, Jordan, Magic, Shaq, Kareem, Iverson is the problem. Bought players are the least of my concern online.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #7
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Players who bought VC are now where near OP as last year...Plus it's not hard to earn vc to put your player up either
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 11-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
The problem isnt that people are buying VC to max their players, the problem is the unrealistic caps. The fact that you can make a 7ft player mixed with, Jordan, Magic, Shaq, Kareem, Iverson is the problem.
^this

you can be 20/20/20/20/20/0 atm, or if u have the vc to support it 18/18/18/18/18/10, which if u boost everything becomes 20/20/20/20/20/12, alot of vc needed tho.

i would like it to be 2 things ur amazing at, 2 things good/decent, 2 things bad, so for example 20/20/10-14ish/10-14ish/5ish/5ish

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »