Home

WWE 2k15 Attributes Thread

This is a discussion on WWE 2k15 Attributes Thread within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
WWE 2k15 Attributes Thread

I thought I would take a shot at re-rating the wrestlers for a more realistic experience. The spreadsheet I've uploaded is a compilation of suggestions from this thread and resources on the internet. The idea is to help bring you the closest to realisim as possible. However, as you know, no game is perfect. Ratings and sliders will affect the game, but might not always give you the results you want. WWE is a scripted show and the winners are based on their name and story, not wrestler ratings.

With that said, I do hope everyone enjoys these and that the game is better. The door for suggestions and feedback is always open. The rating have gotten better due to the community here. So keep the feedback coming. This is your work as much as mine.

Now, the fun part. The changes. The changes you'll see in the spreadsheet will be represented by colored cells. The difference in colors only pertains to me. It means that I tested something, then took a break. I use a different color so I know what I have/haven't adjusted. So don't be alarmed at the different colors!

There is no formula. Well, there was at first, but that disappeared. These ratings are based on opinion and compares (quite a lot to verify separation) to other wrestlers, along with where they are on the card (main eventer, etc).

I will periodically be updating the spreadsheet, and will inform everyone when I do.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip WWE 2k15 Attributes - Orig.zip (16.5 KB, 807 views)
File Type: zip WWE 2K15 Attribute Changes.zip (44.9 KB, 1167 views)

Last edited by Steven547; 04-25-2015 at 06:57 PM. Reason: New file version 03/31/15 - changes displayed in color.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2k15 Attributes Thread

Hopefully the ball gets rolling on this soon. It's so irritating that they have attributes that work properly yet nothing is balanced for simulation purposes, or at least the option for such.

There's some good work being done over on the 2K forums for improving the weight detection but i've not seen much in the way of attribute discussion yet.

The main issues for me are:

Short matches - Even with momentum at slow, the matches are stupidly short. I tried lowering Offense attributes with some top guys as a quick test. I didn't like it so much, it felt like a grind to damage the opponents without the damage animations kicking in which breaks the immersion. It does however, with high finisher strength, make finishers more deadly yet still allow scope for kickouts if not enough damage was done.

The other thing I tried was instead lowering the momentum for a few guys. I much preferred this. Quick damage to the opponent but not a finisher in sight. This meant the low health animations were kicking in after a while but the CPU would still kick out of pins (they usually kickout of anything that isn't a rollup or finisher i've noticed).

The downside of this, is that when you do finally hit your finisher, you've probably won. With default attributes the only guy that seems to kick out of finishers with low health against me is Daniel Bryan (he even kicked out of two finishers), so it may be worth looking at his stats and what's causing it.

The imbalance between the top guys and lower guys - I hate the fact that even though the low rated wrestlers are easy to beat, it's a grind to beat them (by this games standards) and they will still reverse moves etc. Adding to that, it also ends up in some awful results in Universe mode. I saw Jimmy Uso beat The Rock, and this was within the first year.

The challenge is being able to beat these guys within minutes, and with ease, with the highest rated guys, yet still allow for a longer, more even matches when they come up against each other.

It will be tricky to balance properly, but these attributes needlessly go very high for all wrestlers, there's a lot of room for adjusting.

I don't have time for any serious testing, but hopefully someone will look into it and tweak further. Again, it's irritating that 2K can't balance properly, especially since each attribute is out of 100 and most don't go below 60!
Old 11-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodzy
Hopefully the ball gets rolling on this soon. It's so irritating that they have attributes that work properly yet nothing is balanced for simulation purposes, or at least the option for such.

There's some good work being done over on the 2K forums for improving the weight detection but i've not seen much in the way of attribute discussion yet.

The main issues for me are:

Short matches - Even with momentum at slow, the matches are stupidly short. I tried lowering Offense attributes with some top guys as a quick test. I didn't like it so much, it felt like a grind to damage the opponents without the damage animations kicking in which breaks the immersion. It does however, with high finisher strength, make finishers more deadly yet still allow scope for kickouts if not enough damage was done.

The other thing I tried was instead lowering the momentum for a few guys. I much preferred this. Quick damage to the opponent but not a finisher in sight. This meant the low health animations were kicking in after a while but the CPU would still kick out of pins (they usually kickout of anything that isn't a rollup or finisher i've noticed).

The downside of this, is that when you do finally hit your finisher, you've probably won. With default attributes the only guy that seems to kick out of finishers with low health against me is Daniel Bryan (he even kicked out of two finishers), so it may be worth looking at his stats and what's causing it.

The imbalance between the top guys and lower guys - I hate the fact that even though the low rated wrestlers are easy to beat, it's a grind to beat them (by this games standards) and they will still reverse moves etc. Adding to that, it also ends up in some awful results in Universe mode. I saw Jimmy Uso beat The Rock, and this was within the first year.

The challenge is being able to beat these guys within minutes, and with ease, with the highest rated guys, yet still allow for a longer, more even matches when they come up against each other.

It will be tricky to balance properly, but these attributes needlessly go very high for all wrestlers, there's a lot of room for adjusting.

I don't have time for any serious testing, but hopefully someone will look into it and tweak further. Again, it's irritating that 2K can't balance properly, especially since each attribute is out of 100 and most don't go below 60!

I think the same thing has to be done this year with the attributes. Right now, guys like Big Show have a striking power of 100. For sure that's going to inflict a ton of damage in a short time. For long matches, you might have to have 60-70 as your "max" attribute. That should make things longer.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

After doing some testing, the weight detection is actually pretty good in this game. It is certainly present and having strength as the sole attribute in determining weight detection allows you to customize it to your liking.

I adjusted everyone's strength attributes, and the only wrestlers who don't do weight detection moves against Big Show are Cesaro, Cena, Henry, and Lesnar.

However, signatures and finishers ignore weight detection so I might lower Cesaro's and Cena's strength stat below the threshold to give their finishers more importance.

Last edited by ZB9; 11-28-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #5
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

I have done some testing on the sliders and attributes and I believe this game can be great. Cpu v cpu is looking good. I have had some great matches with testing on lower attributes, and great matches with just adjusting sliders alone.

The biggest difference in match quality for me so far is the adjustment of stamina cost and stamina recovery. I have taken cost to a few clicks below max, recovery maxed out, and then the hit and grapple sliders all down to 5. Just doing that withouth messing with individual attributes I am getting great results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Would you guys wanna do this on a Google drive spreadsheet? What way we can all contribute and view the ratings?
Old 11-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hope this progresses well, been putting off universe mode until there's decent settings for cpu vs cpu.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:56 AM   #8
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
Would you guys wanna do this on a Google drive spreadsheet? What way we can all contribute and view the ratings?
Pretty sure this is how it was done for 2K14

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »