Home

Steal Button Online Exploit

This is a discussion on Steal Button Online Exploit within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 14
Steal Button Online Exploit

I just threw my Dual Shock 4 out of the window while playing NBA Live 15 online against a friend. Of course I regret it now but it was out of pure frustration.

The guy would spam the steal button full-court, I couldn't even bring the playbook menu on the screen...and I would have the ball stolen every single f*****g time!!! I told him to stop it but he kept mocking me and doing it every single time. Flat out RIDICULOUS!!!

I'm a hardcore NBA fan who's been playing NBA games since the days of Lakers x Celtics on the PC (yes, the one with Kareem) and that (former) friend doesn't even like/understands basketball that much and was beating me handily employing this absolutely cheap tactic.

Please EA, please some dev here around these forums, fix this damn b******t!!! One can't keep pressing the steal button like it's NBA Jam and get away with it without being penalized. No fouls, only steals and breakaway layups and dunks during the whole game. The guy had 7 steals with Patrick Beverley in the 1st quarter alone.

If my copy wasn't a digital one I swear to god I would've thrown away the disc through the window as well. Absolutely disgusted right now.

I love this franchise but I'm not touching this game again until they release another patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Steal Button Online Exploit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
I just threw my Dual Shock 4 out of the window while playing NBA Live 15 online against a friend. Of course I regret it now but it was out of pure frustration.

The guy would spam the steal button full-court, I couldn't even bring the playbook menu on the screen...and I would have the ball stolen every single f*****g time!!! I told him to stop it but he kept mocking me and doing it every single time. Flat out RIDICULOUS!!!

I'm a hardcore NBA fan who's been playing NBA games since the days of Lakers x Celtics on the PC (yes, the one with Kareem) and that (former) friend doesn't even like/understands basketball that much and was beating me handily employing this absolutely cheap tactic.

Please EA, please some dev here around these forums, fix this damn b******t!!! One can't keep pressing the steal button like it's NBA Jam and get away with it without being penalized. No fouls, only steals and breakaway layups and dunks during the whole game. The guy had 7 steals with Patrick Beverley in the 1st quarter alone.

If my copy wasn't a digital one I swear to god I would've thrown away the disc through the window as well. Absolutely disgusted right now.

I love this franchise but I'm not touching this game again until they release another patch.
Dude I feel you!!!!!! I hate that when a no talent hack does that and just goes the other way for a dunk. It doesnt happen in real life so get rid of it here.. Holla back if you want a real sim game..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 11-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0

You've got to be kidding. I've played almost 30 games online. The only time people can steak the ball is when you dribble it right in front of their face. If you guard the ball by keeping the ball in the hand that is away from the defender, the ball 90 percent of the time they either run past you or get a reach in foul. If they put enough pressure on you and force you to make the ball stealable than that's you're fault
Old 11-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
You've got to be kidding. I've played almost 30 games online. The only time people can steak the ball is when you dribble it right in front of their face. If you guard the ball by keeping the ball in the hand that is away from the defender, the ball 90 percent of the time they either run past you or get a reach in foul. If they put enough pressure on you and force you to make the ball stealable than that's you're fault
Eh, stealing is too easy. I can't even set up to run plays on a lot of guys because of the fear if I dribble in place for a second I'll get ripped.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Should they put a forcefield around the ball ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #6
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Should they put a forcefield around the ball ?

That's what I'm saying. That's what 2k does. It makes a forcefield. Not is user defense similar to sliding around on ice, but steals are all random and it's luck of the draw to get through the forcefield
Old 11-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #7
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

Stealing is definitely to easy, especially with players like Rondo, Smart, CP3 etc I can run around and rip people all day.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Another ideal, change the button for play book! Press d-pad is inconvenience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »