Home

Messi impossible to buy in Career mode??

This is a discussion on Messi impossible to buy in Career mode?? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Messi impossible to buy in Career mode??

Has anyone been able to buy Messi in their career mode? So far, it seems impossible.

I've tried in a couple career modes with no success. So, I started to think it wasn't possible. So in my ManU career mode, Messi was turning 30, and had less than 12 months remaining. I made a transfer offer and Barcelona accepted.

Then came contract talks, which is where it broke down and I gave up in the past. Messi again rejected my 650k per week offer. Just for fun, I went all the way up to 1.5 million per week, with 20% per goal, and Messi still declined.

So, I'm convinced that it's built into fifa that you can't buy him. Has anyone else found the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Messi impossible to buy in Career mode??

I got him with a Real Madrid career where I sold everyone good expect Ronaldo.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
Rookie

He's 34 in my career mode and still won't budge. Offered 2M on contract with 20% bonus... Nothing.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:33 AM   #4
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

Probably because in real life, I never see him leaving barca, and the dude loves it there anyway. With the real Madrid thing I accept it because its in Spain. But no way barca lets messi go ever...
Old 11-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrost32
Probably because in real life, I never see him leaving barca, and the dude loves it there anyway. With the real Madrid thing I accept it because its in Spain. But no way barca lets messi go ever...
I get that, but it's a video game. There are a number of 'lifers' in real life that you can buy from their team in FIFA15. Yet with Messi, it's seemingly impossible.

Also, if there was ever a team that Barca would not sell Messi to, it would be RM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
I get that, but it's a video game. There are a number of 'lifers' in real life that you can buy from their team in FIFA15. Yet with Messi, it's seemingly impossible.

Also, if there was ever a team that Barca would not sell Messi to, it would be RM.
I agree on the RM part. The problem that EA, and all sports game makers run into, is that if Messi got sold in CM (ever really) they'd get complained to that the game isn't realistic, why would Messi get sold, etc. If they make it hard, or impossible, to get him to move, then they get complaints about that. I think there should probably be a way to get him moved, but I can see where it's a tough balance to strike for them.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37
I agree on the RM part. The problem that EA, and all sports game makers run into, is that if Messi got sold in CM (ever really) they'd get complained to that the game isn't realistic, why would Messi get sold, etc. If they make it hard, or impossible, to get him to move, then they get complaints about that. I think there should probably be a way to get him moved, but I can see where it's a tough balance to strike for them.
It's obvious to me that there is some sort of block in the game for being able to buy him.

So, I think the best solution would've been to adjust to block so that no CPU team can buy him, but a user team can. That way, if a user wants to be realistic and have him be a Barca lifer, then they will just never make an offer and no CPU team can get him. However, if they don't care about that and want to buy him they have that option.

As it stands now, it just kinda sucks not being able to buy him. The only way I can use him now is play now, or to start a Barca Career mode.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
It's obvious to me that there is some sort of block in the game for being able to buy him.

So, I think the best solution would've been to adjust to block so that no CPU team can buy him, but a user team can. That way, if a user wants to be realistic and have him be a Barca lifer, then they will just never make an offer and no CPU team can get him. However, if they don't care about that and want to buy him they have that option.

As it stands now, it just kinda sucks not being able to buy him. The only way I can use him now is play now, or to start a Barca Career mode.
I haven't gotten into the CM much yet, but I doubt there is a full block, but probably he's just made really expensive, which is realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »