Home

MyCareer - Lose control of player???

This is a discussion on MyCareer - Lose control of player??? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-08-2014, 05:39 AM   #1
Rookie

actuallybrown's Arena

OVR: 11
MyCareer - Lose control of player???

Have you ever been in the 4th quarter of a close game and all the sudden lose control of your Player? I lost control against the Nets with about 1:00 left on the clock, and we were up by 3, then some crazy ish went down:

- Joe Johnson hit two threes in a row, then I came down on one offensive possession and threw an oop to Paul George (pacers year 2)
- David West was having a pretty good game, I think he was up to about 18, and the CPU kept feeding him. He shouldn't have the ball in the last seconds of the game, but he kept us in it and we went to overtime on a D-Will 3 or some crazy crap
- We ultimately lost the game BY ONE in the last few seconds, all the while I couldn't control my player. I could control timeouts and playcalling, but I'm not sure the CPU paid much attention to the plays I was calling.

My controller was still on (could still pause etc.) but I'm not sure what I did to make this happen. I HATED losing this game, because my team is constantly losing for dumb reasons, and I FINALLY was playing a good game to get us over the hump.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer - Lose control of player???

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallybrown
Have you ever been in the 4th quarter of a close game and all the sudden lose control of your Player? I lost control against the Nets with about 1:00 left on the clock, and we were up by 3, then some crazy ish went down:

- Joe Johnson hit two threes in a row, then I came down on one offensive possession and threw an oop to Paul George (pacers year 2)
- David West was having a pretty good game, I think he was up to about 18, and the CPU kept feeding him. He shouldn't have the ball in the last seconds of the game, but he kept us in it and we went to overtime on a D-Will 3 or some crazy crap
- We ultimately lost the game BY ONE in the last few seconds, all the while I couldn't control my player. I could control timeouts and playcalling, but I'm not sure the CPU paid much attention to the plays I was calling.

My controller was still on (could still pause etc.) but I'm not sure what I did to make this happen. I HATED losing this game, because my team is constantly losing for dumb reasons, and I FINALLY was playing a good game to get us over the hump.
When you said you couldn't control the player, does that mean you can't literally 'control' him AT ALL? Or did you simply imply that your player slided more and became more difficult to maneuver?
Old 11-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #3
Rookie

actuallybrown's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman925
When you said you couldn't control the player, does that mean you can't literally 'control' him AT ALL? Or did you simply imply that your player slided more and became more difficult to maneuver?
I LITERALLY couldn't control the player. I stopped inputting commands and he just took the ball up the court after inbounds, passed, drove, shot, and defended (okaaaaayyy, but not great defense). It was like autopilot. I was pissed.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #4
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallybrown
I LITERALLY couldn't control the player. I stopped inputting commands and he just took the ball up the court after inbounds, passed, drove, shot, and defended (okaaaaayyy, but not great defense). It was like autopilot. I was pissed.
This has happened to me on the park.. I thought it was just me, but I guess not. I'm not sure what triggers it, but it needs to be fixed.. I lost 3 park games because of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »