Home

MyPark/Stage is over-run with small forwards.

This is a discussion on MyPark/Stage is over-run with small forwards. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-03-2014, 04:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
MyPark/Stage is over-run with small forwards.

Isn't it weird that 2 years in a row you can make absolutely godlike small forwards that would've averaged 75/20/20 in the real NBA if they had played?

Looking at the stats that small forwards can have, even if you just straight up bought VC and played 0 games, you can have a 7 footer with top-tier defense, athleticism, shooting, and a decent inside game. Wtf? Wasn't fixing positions and position stats on their list of crap this year?

I just left a stage that had 9 people in it that hadn't even chosen an affiliation yet, and all 9 of them were 88 overall small forwards. Coincidence? Probably not. I saw a court where one group of 3 was running a 14 game winstreak, rookie 1 status, just dominating people.

Where are these real life 7 foot small forwards that are keeping pace with guards? Hell, where are these 7 foot small forwards at all? Why can you even make one that large?

I'm so confused how fundamentally flawed online play is every year because of small forward caps. There's no point in playing anything beyond a small forward in career online, you have 3 inches less than a center so you can match up with them, and you're just as quick as a PG so you can easily match up with them as well.

I'll go back as far as I can in online career in the 2k series on 2k11, me and my entire crew ended up making point forwards, 7 foot small forwards with great shooting, driving, defense, and passing. Last year, 7 footers had great shooting, driving, defense, and passing. This year, they have the same caps as SG and PG only they're 7 feet tall.

Am I the only one that sees how stupid this is year after year? Blows my mind, no reason to make any other position besides small forward because you won't ever need anything besides what you can get out of the small forward position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2014, 04:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyPark/Stage is over-run with small forwards.

Would you say a max height PG at 6'7 with max wingspan can keep up with these guys?
Old 11-03-2014, 04:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JspaceG
Would you say a max height PG at 6'7 with max wingspan can keep up with these guys?
Sure, but you'll get out-rebounded and they'll do everything else you can just as well as you.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:14 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nry20
Sure, but you'll get out-rebounded and they'll do everything else you can just as well as you.
If their is no difference in the speed or no advantages over the SF then I might just remake to keep up with the cheese. I thought a 6'7 PG would be the only option to make other than a 7'0 SF which I don't want to do. I'd agree that its pretty crazy... I could have sworn though that pgs speed can go into the mid 90s (94ish) while small fowards are capped at around 85. That can't be the only stat like that.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JspaceG
If their is no difference in the speed or no advantages over the SF then I might just remake to keep up with the cheese. I thought a 6'7 PG would be the only option to make other than a 7'0 SF which I don't want to do. I'd agree that its pretty crazy... I could have sworn though that pgs speed can go into the mid 90s (94ish) while small fowards are capped at around 85. That can't be the only stat like that.
My center has 85 speed and can't keep up at all with small forwards. I just cut the game off so I don't know for sure how much speed they get, but it can't be more than 2 or 3 lower than PGs if it's lower at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2014, 04:25 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nry20
My center has 85 speed and can't keep up at all with small forwards. I just cut the game off so I don't know for sure how much speed they get, but it can't be more than 2 or 3 lower than PGs if it's lower at all.
Pretty insane, I knew it was bad, but if their isn't any cap difference between PGs and SFs, then... wtf? I hate to be that guy with the 7'0 SF but if thats the only option then... I was really trying to make a Penny Hardaway inspired player this year with a 6'7 194 PG that actually passes too, but I guess not?
Old 11-03-2014, 05:30 AM   #7
Rookie

If u nice none of this matters jus torch em im a 6'9 SF(Was tryna be the missin piece for the 76ers) and i wish a 7 footer would try to guard me lol PSN: FisMoney
Old 11-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #8
Pro

Whenever you're guarding a 7' sf just get in front of them and spam the steal button. You'll either poke the ball loose or foul him, either way they're not going to score most of the time.

I never thought i would tell people to do this cheese but as a normal 6'9 pf i've had it with them. The speed is what annoys me the most, there has never even been a 6-10 player that you could honestly give 90+ speed/quickness let alone a 7 footer.

There's never even been a 7' sf in the league, ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »