Home

No player intros before games?

This is a discussion on No player intros before games? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
No player intros before games?

Every time I start a new game it shows me a video of my team playing but there aren't any player intros any more? Is this random or is there a way to turn it on or off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: No player intros before games?

It's random
Old 11-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
Rookie

alexbrg's Arena

They used to be way more frequent, that's for sure.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I went as far as to reinstall the game and use a different user and started to see them again, booted up the game the next day and no intros again... Was looking forward to watching them during franchise games. Oh well I guess?
Old 11-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

This game is a mess when it comes to presentation stuff like this. We're supposed to see the National Anthem before the beginning of every game, I've never seen it once. I get the player intro's every single time, however any sort of stat overlay is never displayed.

Sometimes a stat will appear in a small box that will extend from the left of the score in the bottom left of the screen, but more than once the box is empty where a stat is supposed to be.

This game has been out for a month already, and it seems like 2K is in no hurry at all to fix any of this stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 12:08 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoricua
This game is a mess when it comes to presentation stuff like this. We're supposed to see the National Anthem before the beginning of every game, I've never seen it once. I get the player intro's every single time, however any sort of stat overlay is never displayed.

Sometimes a stat will appear in a small box that will extend from the left of the score in the bottom left of the screen, but more than once the box is empty where a stat is supposed to be.

This game has been out for a month already, and it seems like 2K is in no hurry at all to fix any of this stuff.
It's random...I saw the anthem this afternoon while playing a game and I hadn't seen it in a few weeks. I defintely prefer it the way it is. I don't want the same intro every game. They don't need to "fix" anything regarding the pre-game/intro stuff. Keep it random.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:59 AM   #7
Rookie

On the same note, has anyone else noticed that the "Arena Media" sounds you can designate for your player in MyCareer no longer work? Not only do they not play during games, but I can't even preview them anymore.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #8
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

They can do away with the "music videos" and the shot of the cheerleaders. There's already way too much time wasted on cheerleaders.

It is weird though how there were more frequent player intro's a few weeks ago as opposed to now. The intro's are my favorite and I hope 2k expands on them next year by possibly adding each arena's real PA announcer. Or at least figuring out a way to have all 5 guys sound like theyre being said by the same guy.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »