Home

The "Y" (or triangle) button on defense...

This is a discussion on The "Y" (or triangle) button on defense... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
The "Y" (or triangle) button on defense...

After reading the Q & A with Mike, and seeing that he's been getting mixed feedback on this, I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread so that the dev's can see EXACTLY what we're experiencing.

I'm experiencing random non responses with the "Y" button when playing defense. Players will be driving to the lane, and when I press "y" to block the shot, my defender won't react to the command. This happens before the offensive players animation even starts.

I'll update the thread with photo's\video's of when the input is being pressed a little later.

If anyone else is experiencing this, please let it be know here so there's no question, and maybe we can get this into the gameplay patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: The "Y" (or triangle) button on defense...

Yes, YES, for the love of god YES. It's extremely annoying. I'll be in perfect position, hit the button, aaaand nothing. While we're on the subject what's worse is that because of this sometimes I'll rapid tap the button. This causes me to double jump. What ends up happening is that when my guy finally decides to jump 2-3 seconds after I wanted him to, he'll do another jump right after the first animation completes (Even though I stopped tapping before the first jump happened), rendering me useless and jumping around like a maniac.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I would love to see video of this.

I have heard numerous complaints but so far the only time it has happened to me was in situations where it looked like the defender would not be able to realistically go up for a block.

I don't recall being in good position and experiencing a unresponsive block command.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0

yah i experienced that too esp with shaq. i tot i pressed LT + Y will solve the prob but apparently it didnt.

is there gotta do with the player attribute rating i.e. Vertical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Yes even mike acknowledged that his engineer Jerson was working on tuning the Y button contests for the patch. Too often, the command does not register, especially when using it for rim protection in the paint. It seems to work better when using it to contest shots on the perimeter. This is not input lag fellas. It's a bug within the game itself. Good job on shining a light on it 24th. It was buried in the beluba Q&A. Another thing buried in that was beluba acknowledging that they made the ball "invulnerable" with certain animations. That explains the balls not being knocked loosed when they should be. 2k14 last gen punished reckless dribbling cuz the ball was live and vulnerable.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah I've experienced this. It's terrible online. I would argue the steal button in passing lanes can be unresponsive too.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #7
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Yeah I've experienced this. It's terrible online. I would argue the steal button in passing lanes can be unresponsive too.
Jumping the passing lanes or trying to steal post entry passes has been nerfed. I found that it is tied to the defender ratings more this year. The interceptor badge is key for those types of steals this year. This is a welcomed change since you can make the d pay for reckless steal gambles imo

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 10-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I would love to see video of this.

I have heard numerous complaints but so far the only time it has happened to me was in situations where it looked like the defender would not be able to realistically go up for a block.

I don't recall being in good position and experiencing a unresponsive block command.
Last year I would have agreed with you. The only time I would get a non response from the block button is when I wouldn’t realistically be able to contest…and that was all under the rim. I can understand that mechanic. This year it seems to be happening even if the offensive player is at least two steps away…and it also happens on jump shot’s

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »