Home

Hockey? - A First Person Hockey Game

This is a discussion on Hockey? - A First Person Hockey Game within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon14 Hockey? - A First Person Hockey Game

What is Hockey?

HockeyQuestionMark is a first person hockey game for PC. Players have full control of their character and there is no random simulation or computer players like in the NHL games. The high-point of the game is the community-run leagues which boast a competitive, NHL atmosphere. The leagues have around 70 active players and have lots of room to accommodate more!

How do I Play?

We recommend if you are not on a mac to download this version. You can find a full list of controls here. The game does have a learning curve, however getting better is not a grind. A player named dvd has also compiled a few tutorial videos which you can find here.

Are there leagues?

YES! There are a few north american leagues one for beginners and two for more experienced players. Teamspeak is probably the best way to get to know people in the community, the teamspeak IP is ts.generhaters.com

Videos!

Here is a breakdown of most of the information that you need to know.

Here is a highlight video of one of our top leagues.

And here is a video showing you what it is like to play in a league game. This game was also casted, here is the POV of the casters.

Most of the info about this game can be found here, and we recently started to move our league setup to a new website called The Digital Gaming League
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 02:57 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Hockey? - A First Person Hockey Game

Thanks for posting this, I like the concept a lot.

Have you thought about possibly adding controller support? I have trouble keeping my stick on the ice using my mouse. The stick keeps floating up too high in the air for me to handle the puck properly, and I'm fanning over the top of most of my shots.

Maybe a sample controller config could be:

left joystick = skates
right joystick = stick shaft
right bumper/left bumper = stick blade
left trigger = crouch
right trigger = jump

I tried setting that up myself in joy2key, but I just couldn't get the stick handling to feel right.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Thanks for posting this, I like the concept a lot.

Have you thought about possibly adding controller support? I have trouble keeping my stick on the ice using my mouse. The stick keeps floating up too high in the air for me to handle the puck properly, and I'm fanning over the top of most of my shots.

Maybe a sample controller config could be:

left joystick = skates
right joystick = stick shaft
right bumper/left bumper = stick blade
left trigger = crouch
right trigger = jump

I tried setting that up myself in joy2key, but I just couldn't get the stick handling to feel right.
The creator cryptic sea probably wont add controller support, mainly because its reallly hard to get the stick handling down on a controller. I know some people have tried to use joy2key but like you said it just never worked out right. It does take time to get use to the stickhandling, if you push the Home key you will turn on/off Stick on Ice mode so your stick will stay on the ice, you can do it when you are first learning, but after you figure it out some, itss recommended that you learn without stick on ice mode. Here is a video for stickhandling.

If you see me skating around and want help just let me know, I use a few different names on hockey? but if you see goose or L-Gan-zo in a server just let me know and I can help you out some.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

I tried the other day. Had fun with it.

I teach at a middle school and I am in the computer lab. I downloaded it to a few machines and had the after school kids try it. They had a blast.

I am going to take the 8th grade one recess when it gets too cold to go out and we'll have a little talk about networking and ip addresses. Then we'll play a game of hockey.

(I'll also teach them the Alt Tab trick to a spreadsheet in case the principal walks in during our "networking" lesson, shhhhhhh.)

Good stuff here. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
I tried the other day. Had fun with it.

I teach at a middle school and I am in the computer lab. I downloaded it to a few machines and had the after school kids try it. They had a blast.

I am going to take the 8th grade one recess when it gets too cold to go out and we'll have a little talk about networking and ip addresses. Then we'll play a game of hockey.

(I'll also teach them the Alt Tab trick to a spreadsheet in case the principal walks in during our "networking" lesson, shhhhhhh.)

Good stuff here. Thanks for sharing it.
Ha man that sounds like fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #6
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

It will be. If I can get the screen cap software to run on the school pc's while the kids play I'll post the mayhem.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I switched over from joy2key to using xpadder with my PS4 controller and things are working much better now!

Here is my xpadder setup:

left stick = WASD
right stick = mouse
triangle = look at puck
square = lean left
circle = lean right
x = headbutt
left trigger = crouch
right trigger = jump
left bumper = angle stick blade left
right bumper = angle stick blade right
start = open chat log
select = enable stick on ice mode

mouse emulation speed = maxed

The only thing I don't like about that setup is how slowly the stick blade rotates when I hold down the bumpers. If they could speed up the blade rotation animations, this would be a great alternative to mouse and keyboard controls.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I switched over from joy2key to using xpadder with my PS4 controller and things are working much better now!

Here is my xpadder setup:

left stick = WASD
right stick = mouse
triangle = look at puck
square = lean left
circle = lean right
x = headbutt
left trigger = crouch
right trigger = jump
left bumper = angle stick blade left
right bumper = angle stick blade right
start = open chat log
select = enable stick on ice mode

mouse emulation speed = maxed

The only thing I don't like about that setup is how slowly the stick blade rotates when I hold down the bumpers. If they could speed up the blade rotation animations, this would be a great alternative to mouse and keyboard controls.
Stick blade rotation is incremental, there shouldn't be any delay. one click of the mouse wheel rotates it about 10 degrees instantly. Maybe check the setting in xpadder to see how quickly it repeats key-presses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »