Home

Playing Against An Any In Pro Clubs

This is a discussion on Playing Against An Any In Pro Clubs within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-22-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
Rookie

trainerdave's Arena

OVR: 1
Playing Against An Any In Pro Clubs

We have found it really frustrating lately when playing Pro Clubs and have the settings turned to Any=Off and we are still matched-up with a team that has an Any. Has anyone else noticed that this is a problem? At times it really takes away from the enjoyment of the game, and I know it has cost us some games. Probably should report this bug to EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Playing Against An Any In Pro Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainerdave
We have found it really frustrating lately when playing Pro Clubs and have the settings turned to Any=Off and we are still matched-up with a team that has an Any. Has anyone else noticed that this is a problem? At times it really takes away from the enjoyment of the game, and I know it has cost us some games. Probably should report this bug to EA?
its counter-intuitive but you are backwards...

ANY = ON

don't know why but it was this way previously and it remains the same. to play a match against a team using only their player and no "ANY" users, the setting must be ANY = ON.

also I have found that if you have a teammate that leaves during the end-match search for a new game, it can default the setting back to ANY=OFF. don't know why but it does it sometimes which requires everyone to quit out and rejoin the lobby/roster menu so the captians search settings are set again.

my pro club team refuses to play teams using the cheap ANY position. go play seasons or coop seasons if you want that junk.

Last edited by speedtrucker; 10-22-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
Rookie

trainerdave's Arena

Thank you, I wondered if that was the case. Maybe it should be Any=Yes there will be teams with an Any and Any=No means we won't play with a team that has an any.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
my pro club team refuses to play teams using the cheap ANY position. go play seasons or coop seasons if you want that junk.
Yeah, it's so cheap having an actual human controlling something that needs SKILL. Go play be-a-pro if you want to play with the CPU. Always wondered how it is cheap for a human to control the rest of the team opposed to having the CPU do things for you, one of them including sending in laser beam balls to your forwards.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
Yeah, it's so cheap having an actual human controlling something that needs SKILL. Go play be-a-pro if you want to play with the CPU. Always wondered how it is cheap for a human to control the rest of the team opposed to having the CPU do things for you, one of them including sending in laser beam balls to your forwards.
It's a two part debate but I'm with this dude. On one hand you exploit and outrun CPU defenders (since most clubs that don't use any only have users for the 3/4 attacking positions). On the other hand, you suck at defending thus the CPU AI isn't that big of a deal to you since they're 100x better defensively than any "any" that you can use. Yeah yeah I want to use my pro vs other pro's. Then play 11v11, you won't need to worry about "any". Also you won't have the CPU doing the dirty work for you or exploiting opposing CPU's. That cutback is gold no?

Other than that Roll Along, good to see another BG alum out here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #6
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop

Meh, go at coop seasons.

Pro clubs means PRO club. My team is mediocre, we are like 40-30-40 because we don't do the 2 general game plans of either high pressure, ultra attack and long through balls or park bus, long through balls.

I get those that want to use an any because it lets you drop in a user created striker at +88 overall and still sit back controlling every CPU player.

We don't, we build up from the back understand our CPU AI and attack as we can. Which is why we want to also know that others aren't just full sprinting with every CPU player out there...

Look at every game under the EA banner and you see that the virtual pro mode is designed for you to control YOUR virtual pro. FIFA is the only one that had to add the "any" position.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:25 PM   #7
Rookie

trainerdave's Arena

It is called Online Be A Pro, not Online Be An Any. You create your pro and build him up based on your skill as a gamer. As a Midfielder I am back and forth all game, saving energy as needed. An Any can take every defender and abuse their energy/sprint as needed. I would prefer a 7v7 game with a Human at key positions, just difficult getting 7 together. Anyways I figured out what we were missing so I guess I don't have to worry about facing you online.....nice thing about this game is we can choose how we play.

Has anyone else noticed that after the latest patch when playing a Cup match it basically drops you into a "Drop In Match" with random teams, players, and human controlled players? We played round 1 no problem but after that could not get it to work right. Any one else see this?
Old 10-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #8
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

It's not even called "Online Be A Pro", it's called Pro Clubs. And yeah, you can totally abuse a generic CB, he's lighting fast with his 65(!) pace. The only reason I prefer any is because 1) You dont have to rely on CPU and 2) you totally control how your team plays, so basically it is skill dependent. No idea how you can hate on something that is user skill dependent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »